Desert Palms Hotel & Suites. Opinions please?

georgiesmum

Mouseketeer
Hi. We currently have a 2 queen bed suite booked at PVI. I have found a 2 queen bed suite at Desert Palms (not Desert Inn and Suites) for $500 less for the duration of our trip. It is further to walk, but doesn't seem too far but looks pretty clean and spacious in the hotel photos. Reviews on Trip Advisor seem to be mixed. Has anyone stayed here? What did you think?

We haven't stayed there, but I remember reading reviews here. Mostly good, especially for the larger family suite. I think there were some posters who didn't like the pool, but since you'll be visiting in November, maybe this won't be an issue? The location isn't a long walk to/from the parks -- maybe 15 minutes, depending on the one signal. The hotel is next door to the 7-11 and across from the 24/7 CVS, so it is easy to grab snacks and drinks for the room or the parks or to re-supply if you've forgotten to pack something.

I have stayed here 3 times and will be staying a 4th time next month. It is my husband and I and our 2 adult children. We stay in the deluxe studio suite and there is plenty of room for us and the beds are quite comfortable. The rooms have always been clean. The walk is about 10 minutes, and I like not having to cross Harbor Blvd. We also enjoy the hot breakfast they offer, there's lots of variety and they change it up throughout the week. Watch the prices as your dates get closer. I was able to rebook last week and save over $200 from when I booked the month before.

We just stayed there in April and it was A-OK! Great price, nice staff, no issues, clean, comfy, and very close to the Harbor Blvd. crosswalk. We watched fireworks from the pool deck on our arrival night. We did not, however, make use of the free breakfast. It was crowded and nothing was appealing. We mobile-ordered from Panera down the street instead.

After trying a variety of hotels (including Paradise Pier) DPS&H is now my go-to DLR hotel. It's affordable. The staff are super nice (we forgot toys there on our last stay and they actually mailed them for us even if I did have to pay for the postage). So far we've stayed in the bunkbed rooms twice and my dad and his family have stayed in one of the larger queen rooms but the hotel upgraded them for free so we could all be on the same floor! (Did I mention the staff are super nice?)

Overall all rooms are clean and nice. The ambient noise is a lot less than the other motels we stayed at across harbor and the walk to the Parks is convenient even compared to PP and DL hotels.

Definitely watch the prices as the fluctuate.

Agreed with all the PP - this is our go to hotel we stay there every time we go to Disneyland. I love the underground parking so my car isn't frying in the sun the whole time we're there. The breakfast is good - nothing elaborate but they do switch items out daily so it isn't the same choices every day. The hotel is clean and well maintained and the rooms are spacious. I've stayed in the Deluxe suite, 2 queen standard room, and the 1 bedroom suite with kitchen...all were good.

I've stayed at Desert Palms several times and really like it. The location is good - you can walk either down harbor to the East entrance, or you could walk Katella to Disneyland Drive and enter at the West Entrance. We like to end the day at Trader Sam's, so it's an easy walk back from DLH. Also, if you're in DTD headed back, you can cut through GCH straight to Disneyland Drive.

The rooms are nice and recently refurbished. I like the suite style with the kitchenette.

Thank you all so much for your opinions. I'll go ahead and cancel the PVI reservation now. :)

We really like the Desert Palms. The only negative we've had there is that they were super strict on check-in time. This has only happened once, so not sure if it was a one off or not. We got there an hour early and there were probably 5-6 groups waiting for check in, but they would not check anyone in until 3pm on the dot. We've checked-in early before, so maybe it was a manager on duty who was just a stickler on time.

We really enjoy the hotel, though!

We really like the Desert Palms. The only negative we've had there is that they were super strict on check-in time. This has only happened once, so not sure if it was a one off or not. We got there an hour early and there were probably 5-6 groups waiting for check in, but they would not check anyone in until 3pm on the dot. We've checked-in early before, so maybe it was a manager on duty who was just a stickler on time.

That's a bit of a worry. Our flight arrives in the morning so although I don't expect our room to be ready, I hope they let us check in and leave our luggage!

When I stayed there last October we got there early so checked in- to have access to our room earlier than check in time there was a fee I think it was $30. We decided to pay it so we could get into the room.

I do like place but noticed they took away free parking so now their prices seem high to me.

Aside from that I’ve enjoyed staying there and will stay there again if the price is right.

That's a bit of a worry. Our flight arrives in the morning so although I don't expect our room to be ready, I hope they let us check in and leave our luggage!

They'll definitely let you leave your luggage! They did offer that that during that trip but we decided just to wait the hour instead of heading into the parks so kept our luggage with us. They may tell you to come back at check-in though, but they'll hold your luggage for you.

I think it might have been a one-time thing, because usually they're very accommodating. Who knows, might have been just a strict manager on duty or something.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter