Desert Inn coffee maker?

ImarriedGrumpy

AKA Miss lady who isn't my mommy
Do the rooms at Desert Inn have a coffee maker? I’m not seeing it listed on the in-room amenities. Has anyone stayed there recently who can confirm what kind of coffee maker they have if there is one?
TIA!

Do the rooms at Desert Inn have a coffee maker? I’m not seeing it listed on the in-room amenities. Has anyone stayed there recently who can confirm what kind of coffee maker they have if there is one?
TIA!
I'm sorry, I don't have an answer. I will say, though, that I'd much prefer to grab a cup from the breakfast room. Motel coffee makers are notoriously germy.

Edited to add: I'm not even sure about the breakfast room coffee pot, LOL. But honestly, I take my chances!

TIA!
I don't use it because I do what Dizme does, but I'll look back at my room pics and see!

Okay, so it's on the bathroom counter in the rooms. But I can't tell what brand, type, etc. from my pics!
If you google pics of ADI&S bathrooms though, you can see them!

I think it depends on the room setup. I've always stayed in the suite that has a separate living area w/sofa bed as you walk in, and the bedroom bathroom beyond that. The sink and vanity are across from the toilet/bath room (which is separated from them by a door). That's at the opposite end of the suite from the entry and I believe that's where the coffee maker is. This is a picture I found from 2018 https://dynamic-media-cdn.tripadvis...g-20180615-163528-largejpg.jpg?w=800&h=-1&s=1

I'm not sure what other room configurations might have.

Thanks everyone! Looks like it's a standard small drip machine, so I know what kind of coffee to bring with me. I know I can just head to the breakfast room, but I have a strong coffee preference and like to have my own on hand. I sometimes bring my own travel press, but I'm trying to pack light for this next trip.
I appreciate the help!

Yes, Desert inn have a coffee maker but they are not k-cup compatible. They are old 'drip' that uses filters. The pour over method involves pouring hot water through coffee grounds in a filter. The water drains through the coffee and filter into a carafe or mug. Pour over is also known as filter coffee, coffee pods or drip coffee, although these terms also include batch brewers. Traditional: place finely ground coffee on top of the filter paper in the bottom of the larger cylinder. Pour water over the coffee and stir for about ten seconds to get rid of any air trapped in the grounds (so no need to bloom). After about a minute insert the plunger, place over a cup and depress. Let your coffee steep for 4 minutes. Depending on your desired strength, the time can be increased. Once the time is up, stir the crust and scoop off the foam. Doing this before you plunge will help reduce 'sludge' and give a cleaner tasting cup.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter