• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Depressing video on bus back to MCO

Muscatine

Earning My Ears
On our recent 3-day Wonder trip, we got the transfers for pier to MCO only. Thus we missed out on the fun trip to the port before the cruise, which I've heard is so much fun. That's OK, I figured we'd have a great time on the way back to MCO.

Well, I don't know who lines up the videos to show on those buses, but whoever did ours should think about it a little more. I hate to complain, but here we are, all depressed because our cruise is over and we have to go to the airport. We were only on the bus about an hour anyhow.

So they start showing this movie about Depression-era folks getting beat up and shot at, a girl runs away, a wolf-dog is abused, train crashes, more abuse, etc., etc. Fortunately, we got the airport in a timely manner (at 9AM, actually - wow!!!) and didn't have to endure more of the movie. Just before we got off, I heard the girl in the movie say her name was "Natalie Gann" - so I knew this was "The Journey of Natty Gann". Well, this is an OLD movie from 1985 and it's 101 minutes long - way too lengthy for a bus ride, in case we wanted to know how it ended!

I wish they had shown one of the fun, Mickey-themed videos I heard about on here. That would have been a lot more cheery!

Later - JoAnn in Iowa (still depressed that vacation is over!)

OOPS! Sounds like someone put in the wrong tape!

I've never seen or heard of anything other than the "posst -cruise", hope you enjoyed your trip, come back and see us soon, followed by a bit of Disney trivia shown on the bus back to MCO.

That is strange!

Deb

We usually get the post-cruise video, which is kind of fun. There's really no good way to take that ride away from the ship.

On one of our trips, they played "George of the Jungle," with Brendan Fraser. I was going to ask if they could put me underneath with the luggage....

Yikes!!!
We haven't taken the DCL bus in a long time, as we use Happy Limo now, but when we used to take it, they almost always showed the typical post-cruise video. There was post-cruise information, a cartoon about Donald, Mickey, and Goofy building a boat, and Disney-related trivia questions.
I think once we saw "Mighty Joe Young," but that was the only time they played a movie, and that might have been heading back to the resorts rather than to the airport. The only other time I've ever seen a movie was when we were at a Downtown Disney-area hotel. There was one bus serving multiple parks, so it took a while to get around. To kill the time, the driver popped in The Beauty and the Beast holiday movie.
Barb
Visit the Platinum Castaway Club at: www.casatwayclub.com

This doesn't pertain to taking the bus to the airport, but I've been on a DCL bus for a private function and we got to watch Jaws. Don't know who's in charge of such things, but I could think of a few better choices than Jaws.

Sounds not like a fun post cruise movie. I remember a DCL video. We'll see what we get in October.

Tina

We saw the same Natty Gann movie on our way back to MCO 2 weeks age. We thought it was strange too, but since it was our first cruise we weren't sure what to expect.

Reminds me of the Time I was 12 and sailing to Europe in Sept. on the MS Europa. We hit a Major Hurricane in the N. Atlantic.

The Movie they showed the night the storm was at it worse was "sailing". Opened with a scene of rolling waves. There was not a dry barf bag in the house.

Does any body think any more?

I think Disney should show the video from the disembarkation talk that they give at the end of the cruise, the one that shows highlights from the cruise. It would give people more of a reason to take the Disney Shuttle back to the airport.

My experience last year was awful with the bus transportation from the resort to the port and back to the resort. We did not have any of the "fun" stuff that people talk about. We did not see any videos or have any trivia. I felt that we had better transportation from the little buses that take you from the resort to the parks. These drivers were very friendly and informative. I really don't think that it was just a "coincidence" If it just happened on one way of the trip I would say yes, but both ways??? I think Disney needs to look into their transportation people.

Lori

You folks all seem to have some experience with the Disney Bus transfer, and I'm a first timer. We are booked on the 10/02/03 Wonder with return to port on 10/05/03. Our plans include an extra night in MCO so we were planning on taking in EPCOT and Mission:SPACE once we return to Orlando. The question is this. How do I get off the ship and on the 1st possible bus back to MCO. We are hoping to get back to the airport before noon so we can pick up the rent a car and high tail it to the park for maximum fun time. Any suggestions?
thx

Ramjet....if you need to go by the airport to get to a hotel to leave your luggage and rent a car, why don't you cancel your transfers at the end and rent a car at the port and drive straight to Epcot. You could leave your luggage in the trunk and be at Epcot by 9:00 am. You'd likely save a lot of money also. Avis has a shuttle from the port to the rental station. Avis welcomes one way rentals from the port. You would return it with no additional surcharge to MCO.

Ramjet: I agree with the above poster about renting a car. Also welcome to the boards, and i hope to see you on board--my family (all 12 of us) are on the 10/2 Wonder also!!

My3kids / NCRedding -

Thx for the ideas. I've xcled the transfers with Disney and have booked my own Avis car. End result about $150 in savings and I'm on my schedule not theirs.

Again...thx

It was funny the first time we went because on on trip to the pier they didn't show a movie but on our return we didn't expect a movie and they showed the pre-cruise movie. The one they are supposed to show on the trip down. But now it doesn't matter since we are renting.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter