Deposit Refund Taking a Long Time to Post

vinotinto

Just Keep Swimming
So, I've had to rebook and cancel a couple of times in the last month in my search to piece together a trip during popular Columbus Day weekend, with APH rates. The first time I rebooked and cancelled the original reservation, the deposit came through the AMEX in just a few days. The second time, it has been almost 2 weeks (10 business days) and it still has not appeared. Pre-COVID, refunds would be fairly quick. Is this normal or unusual? I want to avoid calling if this is normal, but if it isn't, I guess I'll need to sit on hold.

2 weeks I would call

I had a bunch of cancel and rebooks over the year and its usually a couple of days to process
I did have one that I called after about two weeks and there was an error they fixed and it was refunded

One of my rebookings took about that long and I even replied to an email I got from RPR manager about it. It was pending for awhile then dropped off completely then literally the day after I emailed the manager it showed up. All of my other rebookings showed up quickly. I too did multiple hoping for Passholder rate which I eventually got. Reason I got email from manager was I just completed a stay there and I think it was a routine one. They never replied to it so I figure it randomly took that long (it was RPR). CB and SF refunds were quick

I've had a few and they seem to average about 2 weeks to get through. I use a Chase credit card so not sure why it takes so long.

My deposits on two different reservations took almost the full two weeks to post back to my accounts (two different credit cards).

I had a cancellation take two weeks as well. My TA at the time warned me that Universal can be notoriously slow processing a refund.

Just to update - yeah they are taking at least two weeks - I do recall it being much quicker in the past.
I have 5 that I am waiting on - been making lots of changes as the AP rate availability changes.

Never more than a few business days for me Using AMEX, Chase or CIti.

Last go round, cancelled PBH & rebooked @ HRH. That transaction was on a Citi Card. Just saw it hit on the new statement.

perhaps it‘s dependent on which hotel vs the CC company processing the refund.:confused3

Just to update - yeah they are taking at least two weeks - I do recall it being much quicker in the past.
I have 5 that I am waiting on - been making lots of changes as the AP rate availability changes.
Cancelled three once AP rates dropped a couple weeks ago. Refunds usually posted within a few days before but these took 10 business days exactly (so 2 weeks from when I actually cancelled.) Maybe so many folks cancelling & rebooking at the same time with the AP rate drop is delaying things a bit 🤷

I've cancelled 2 recent room only stays. The first took exactly 2 weeks. I'm still waiting on the second. For a few days, my credit card summary page showed a pending refund, but then it dropped off. At least I know it's been processed. It should post any day now.

Thank you all. I had two recent cancellations and one was reimbursed much faster than the other. Both were Portofino Bay reservations paid with the same AmEx.

1st one - cancelled Jul 21; posted a couple of days later with a July 21 date.

2nd one - cancelled July 31; posted August 20 (22 days; more than the 10-14 business days they say it will take).

Again, both were paid with the same credit card, cancelled 10 days of each other, same hotel. Much different time frames. But, it did post, and posted correctly.

We cancelled HRH on August 7... still waiting for a refund on August 28. 15 business days have past. Today is 22 days since cancellation. Currently checking in on the phone, which is taking forever.

We cancelled HRH on August 7... still waiting for a refund on August 28. 15 business days have past. Today is 22 days since cancellation. Currently checking in on the phone, which is taking forever.
Yikes! Yeah, the last one took 22 days for me. I wish there was a way to modify that did not involve cancelling. But, if you are not changing anything and simply want the AP rate, or if you want to switch hotels, you have to rebook and cancel.

Ive had three that took 10-12 days.
The two from RPR were cancelled two days apart - but were refunded on the same day
I have two others that seem to have been cancelled so quick that they were never actually billed to me.
One was same day and one was the next day (Sunday)

Main thing is it will usually get there
I did have one that took a very long time back when they shut down - like 20 days and once I called in they fixed it pretty quickly

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter