Departure day/ storytellers

katyringo

DIS Veteran
On our last day we want to do storytellers before heading to the airport. Our flight doesn't leave until 430pm so plenty of time, I'm just trying to figure out our best timing.

I would like to do the brunch. How early are folks getting to SNA these days? Also knowing our dates are looking very busy (no rental cars available through enterprise at SNA right now..)

We got to SNA 3 hours early because our flight was delayed twice. I was messing around on the Uber app and found a screamin' deal so we decided to just head out early rather than hanging out in the hotel room. We got breakfast at Carl's Jr/Hardees and just hung out.

TSA takes all of 20 minutes on even the busiest of days in our experience (Sunday, morning). Flights begin boarding typically 30 minutes before. That means you would start boarding at 4:00pm. I would recommend leaving no later than 2:20pm. Though, if you have travel anxiety you may want to leave by 2:00pm.

I'm a "get there 2 hours ahead no matter what" person. My husband is significantly more laidback. He convinced me not to leave for the airport until close to 5 for a 6:45 pm flight. We were there in less than 20 minutes and through security in about 5 (we did not have bags to check). So even though we got there later than I wanted, we were still at our gate for 30-40 minutes before boarding started.

Storytellers brunch is always our departure day routine. We get a reservation around 9-10a and then hit Downtown Disney for any last minute shopping. You don't need to get to SNA very early. It's a tiny airport.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter