Departure Day: Ohana Breakfast vs Stay at resort?

MrVargas

Earning My Ears
I am staying at Caribbean Beach Resort in July with my family of 4 (kids ages 6 and 8) for our first Disney trip.

Our departure flight is at 4pm. My daughter wants to do Mermaid school at the resort from 8am to 9am.

What would you suggest for breakfast. The quick service at the resort after Mermaid school and then hangout at the pool until it's time to leave.

OR

Head over to Ohana for a late Lilo & Stitch Breakfast reservation and then back to the resort to pack up and hangout until Magical Express picks us up.

Check out time is 11am. If you’re considering a late Ohana breakfast, I’d pack up first and check out before breakfast. You can always store your carry ons at the resort.

Personally, I would just grab a bite to eat at CBR and take your time packing up. Magical express will be picking you up at about 1pm anyways. I’d just relax at the resort.

We loved breakfast at Ohana last summer and have it booked again for this summer. That said---unless you are going to take an Uber/MinnieVan or drive yourself, you have to factor in commute time to get there. You would have to go to the TTC and take the monorail to the MK and then use the resort monorail to get the Poly. So if you don't wrap up at the pool until 9 a.m. and start that process, you may not get there until 10:30 a.m. Then you are hoping they seat you on time. They seated us about 20 minutes late for our 8 a.m. reservation last summer even though we arrived 10 minutes early. For my kids, 10:30 a.m. would be late for breakfast---if your family could manage that wait, I say go for it. If you can drive or Uber there, even better. It was a great meal for us and the kids loved the character interaction.

When we scheduled something on departure day we pack the night before and leave our belongings with Bell Services until it's time to leave. Alright we almost always pack the night before, LOL. The one night we didn't, we ordered from room service for breakfast and cut back our time on both processes.

I seem to recall from past posts that you are doing the dining plan; how many credits do you have left on your last day? Keep in mind that MDE will want to pick you up around 1:00 PM.

Go for Ohana. Youre at Disney! Do everything you can before you go home and have to dream about your next trip!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter