Departure day brunch - Boma or Ale & Compass?

Departure day brunch?

• Boma

Votes: 28 90.3%
  • A&C

Votes: 3 9.7%

• Total voters

MadderAdder

Mouseketeer
I haven’t been to either… appreciate the advice! No car. Checking out of ASMo. Flying out after 5pm.

A&C is breakfast with the option to add on a small buffet at extra cost. A fine breakfast option, to be sure, but nothing like the large selection available on the Boma brunch buffet. Of course, that difference is reflected in the prices as well. After a Boma brunch, I don’t need another full meal all day. Flying out after 5 pm, I would be able to manage with a snack at the airport prior to boarding.

I've actually done both as departure day breakfasts and preferred Ale and Compass. Boma was good but I find buffets less relaxing and I was so stuffed afterwards lol. A&C was a really nice meal (it was before the buffet option returned) and I enjoyed the stroll around Crescent Lake afterwards, plus you could ride the skyliner for fun if you have extra time!

If I remember correctly Boma doesn't do lunch, only breakfast and dinner.

Last edited:
We rarely do buffets, but Boma is an exception. Loud and crowded, but the food is extremely good for a buffet.

Although the most popular response is Boma, what's the most convenient (or least inconvenient) way to get there with no car from All Star Movies?

Although the most popular response is Boma, what's the most convenient (or least inconvenient) way to get there with no car from All Star Movies?
Unless you're staying at a monorail/Skyliner/Crescent Lake resort and trying to get to one of the same, resort-to-resort transportation is really best done via rideshare or taxi tbh. Especially if you're not traveling during peak park commuting times when the buses run more frequently.

As above, most direct is rideshare. Via Disney transportation, I’d bus to AK, then bus to AKL. Obviously, that works only when AK is open.

agree, if you don't have a car, use uber or lyft. Otherwise, you need to take a bus to a park and then to AKL. That trip will also take the better part of an hour each way.

Thanks everyone so much! Another consideration is whether AKL or the boardwalk area would be more ‘fun’ to explore or chill at for 2 or so hours after brunch… then to the airport.

That's a good question. I would say explore the AKL for a little while. It is a beautiful hotel. In fact, you could explore it before you eat at Boma's then go to the Boardwalk. It would be a wonderful way to end your trip.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter