• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

dennise

Eeyoreloverforever

Mouseketeer
I read your post about the passports. Yes, the lines are long! But because of all the 9/11 stuff it is essential that you have a passport. I would take the time to go to the office and get a passport. It will save you a lot of grief and possibly the chance that they may refuse you entry into the US. However since you leave on April 9 you may be too late. It can take a long time to get a passport. Good Luck and I hope you enjoy your trip.

It is actually NOT essential to have a passport to get into the US. I travel to Seattle frequently and have never needed anything more than my birth certificate and a driver's licence for picture ID purposes. I just went to WDW in February - drove across the border, no one asked for passports. Took the plane out of SEA and only needed my driver's licence to get my plane ticket.

So while it might be handy to have it - i wouldn't call it an absolute necessity or anything!

There is nothing more required of Canadians born in Canada then a birth certificate and government photo id (usually a driver's licence). However, for those Canadians born outside the country, a passport is highly recommended. Let's remember that the U.S. does not treat all Canadians equally.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter