Deluxe vs Moderate question- $930.00 difference

MermaidsMom

<font color=red>Do you live trap squirrels with cr
I have been posting many seemingly random questions over the last few days to get opinions about our upcoming stay. Please help once again!! What about 3 rooms (for 8) people at the CSR vs. a 2 bedroom at the BCV when the price difference is almost $1000.00? We have stayed at a deluxe every trip and I have always had moderate reservations and have cancelled them at in the end and gone with the deluxe. Then, I have always wondered if we would have as good a time at a moderate because I read such good reports. And quite frankly the deluxes have not always been a bed of roses everytime anyway. The reason CSR appeals to me is the health club. None of the other moderates have it. My kids (late teens, early 20's) all want the EPCOT resorts, but of course they aren't paying! The Swan/Dolphin doesn't have any discounts for our dates. What to do?

I have never done deluxe but have been many, many times and stayed at moderates.

My family loves them. We have stayed at CSR, POR, and CBR. We prefer CBR but they were all very nice.

I guess if I stayed at a Deluxe then I would be spoiled forever but I think you can have a great vacation if you stay at a moderate.

I say give the moderate a whirl.

My wife and I were always deluxe snobs. Then, earlier this year, we made a quick four day trip down to WDW to burn off some days of our AP...and stayed at the All Star Movies. Know what? It was swell! I'm sure CSR will be even better.

Go, and save the money to splurge on pins, character meals and overpriced tee shirts! :D

MermaidsMom -

I had the same problem. I needed two rooms this time around and had only stayed at a deluxe. We don't make it there often like most people. I really wanted to experience the BC again. I wanted to be frugal and get two rooms at the CBR but I had the money and wanted to make it special and went with the 2 BR BCV. The Fairytale Package came out and it saved us quite a bit (I wasn't expecting to save anything) so I was happy about that. I would call and find out about the Fairytale Package. It might make up your mind.

Hi - We had always stayed in deluxe but several years ago I wanted to stay longer than a week and my DH said give up your deluxe for a moderate and we can stay longer. Since then we have stayed at both the deluxe and moderates. For almost $1,000 difference I would go with the moderate and not even think twice about it! $1,000 is quite a bit of money just for a room. We have never stayed at CSR and we are thinking about going there next year. If the Swan did not have such a good deal this year that is where we were going to stay in December '03. Since staying at CBR, it has become one of my favorite Disney resorts. I think the theming at the moderates are every bit as good as the deluxe. About the only differences between CBR and the deluxes are the rooms are little bit smaller, there is only limited room service and there is no valet parking. But if you self park in MHO the moderates' parking is closer to your room than the deluxe self parking. We always have a car so location is not really a problem for us. The other thing you could do is look at one of the less expensive Deluxe hotels - WL or AKL. We got a great deal at AKL last December and we just love it. It is like a vacation within a vacation!

I have stayed at ASMo, ASSp (2x), CBR, CSR, and AKL . I have enjoyed all of my stays, but CSR wins my vote for "best all around" resort. '

-Three Beautifully themed Areas
-Great Restaurants
-Amazing Pool Area!!!!!! I liked it much better than AKL. Great pool bar (with food) and hair wrap
-Nice, colorful rooms with plenty of amenities (the benefits of being a convention hotel)
-Activities- boats, bikes, arcade, health club, huge hot tub!
-Great transportation , I've heard (we had our car)

You would have lots of room with three rooms and you would have three bathrooms. The nice thing about the villa is the kitchen for breakfasts/snacks,but we have always used a cooler and it always works out for us.

Even the values are nice. To read on these boards you would think they are equivalent to staying in a third world country! I personally can't wait to try Pop Century.

BTW, my mom just came back from BWI. Although she LOVED the resort and Epcot area, she still thinks CSR is nicer for the $$$$.

I'd bet that the third room you'll get from CSR will be more valuable than any deluxe benefits. 8 people in two rooms could get kind of edgy, particularly as the trip goes on.

Yes, resort snobs we have been!! And then when I get the bill..... well, let's just say when I went to the spa at CSR last year and looked around, it seemed very much like a deluxe and for alot less moo-lah. The 3rd bedroom is the key, we are all pretty picky and like our space. I will put it up for a vote. Thanks

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter