Deluxe Resort - What are the Perks

In our experience, the bus stops at the parks seem to have deluxe resort loading areas more conveniently located. Not a big benefit unless you're hot, tired, and sweaty...

The grand Floridian is the only deluxe that has room service right now . I think just the grounds in general are much nicer/ rooms bigger, open to an interior hallway so they don’t feel like a motel. Location and they normally are quieter than say a value hotel. Rooms tend to be closer to lobby and the grounds arent as vast. RestAurant options are also better. To me they just feel a bit more cozy. At beach club we once had a cast member entertain the kids in the sunroom with magic tricks. He stayed and talked with people /kids during a thunderstorm.

Last edited:
But sadly, it's only at two of the parks, and only once a week. Which is pathetic as far as I'm concerned for what they're charging for Deluxe rooms.

Agree! It's crap it's Deluxe only and the offerings themselves are crap.

Seriously, why do the parks close so friggin' early anyway? They should be open until 11:00 or midnight. AT LEAST MK.

For most room service, indoor hallways and signature dining. Which is why to me SSR and OKW are more moderate than deluxe

So what are the perks of staying in a Deluxe resort vs. the other kinds?

I know there is Extended Hours (occasionally!)

Anything else?

Thanks in advance!
So the tangibles of staying deluxe-
  1. usually larger rooms (standard v standard rooms are significantly larger)
  2. usually more centrally located resorts/close and convenient to parks (exceptions like OKW)
  3. multiple transport options (walk, boat, skyliner, monorail, bus)
  4. usually inside room entrances, not motel style like Pop or Port Orleans FQ
  5. balconies (sometimes)
  6. covered transportation (ie covered corridor to buses, skyliner, etc) It's not always that way given resorts like Poly
  7. More dining choices, more signature/high end dining choices, no food court- values are one dining option and maybe a pool bar whereas a deluxe could have a grab and go, a lounge, a few sit down restaurants and pool bar,
  8. highly themed rooms/amenities like pools with slides, hot tubs, spas, valet parking, bike/boat rentals, fitness centers, club level lounges
  9. Extended eve hours (if offered when you happen to frequent the parks)
The intangibles (essentially my own opinion)
  1. prefer the theming of most of the deluxes to the larger than life value theming, but still love some of the mods
  2. I like having more food options
  3. most of the deluxes while nice, don't hold a candle to any international 5 star hotel chain. They're deluxe in disney terms, they're def not a ritz.

I think there are differences in the swimming pools. IIRC:
Value resorts - swimming pools, themed but otherwise “just a pool”
Moderate resorts - themed pools with slides
Deluxe resorts - themed pools with slides and hot tubs
I was just going to say more hot tubs!

If one can afford them, then it is just the absolute themed magic and hustle bustle of the large lobbys, sit down and some signature restaurants, concierge floors, and everything else mentioned above;
Signature isn't Deluxe only any more. CSR has one now

I think there are differences in the swimming pools. IIRC:
Value resorts - swimming pools, themed but otherwise “just a pool”
Moderate resorts - themed pools with slides
Deluxe resorts - themed pools with slides and hot tubs
Mods have hot tubs

In our experience, the bus stops at the parks seem to have deluxe resort loading areas more conveniently located. Not a big benefit unless you're hot, tired, and sweaty...
This is really common misconception. Bus stops are completely intermingled. I've walked past Value resort stops to reach a Deluxe resort stop. At some parks the Mod park will be directly across from the Deluxe.

For me a balcony is crucial. I need a spot in the morning when others are sleeping. That alone is worth a bit to me! And the central AC. HATE the rattling wall units that the mods have...
They are not in 100% of Deluxe resorts, to be fair.

For most room service, indoor hallways and signature dining. Which is why to me SSR and OKW are more moderate than deluxe
Just to keep it all straight
1 mod and 1 value have indoor halls
CSR tower and AoA suites
so those are not exclusive to deluxe
Nor is signature dining, CSR has one

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter