Deluxe Oceanview Stateroom with Navigator's Verandah- Should we be disappointed?

Wow. Genuinely did not know that. It's an expression I have heard by whole life. No slur intended. I'm sorry to have offended anyone.
You are not the only one. I went online to figure it out. Without the presence of Romani people in our broader American culture, this word as a slur was surprising. Actually, I don’t remember seeing the word written; maybe then I would have seen the base letters. (And I am 60+).

A lot of terms for something being offensive are derogatory to a group of people who are viewed with stereotyped dislike. This one probably eludes many Americans.

Seems we both learned a linguistics lesson.

Last edited:
These rooms are better than those at mid ship. It is much quieter back there and you are more shielded from the wind.

You are not the only one. I went online to figure it out. Without the presence of Romani people in our broader American culture, this word as a slur was surprising. Actually, I don’t remember seeing the word written; maybe then I would have seen the base letters. (And I am 60+).

A lot of terms for something being offensive are derogatory to a group of people who are viewed with stereotyped dislike. This one probably alludes many Americans.

Make that three lessons! I did not know that either about that term.

A lot of terms for something being offensive are derogatory to a group of people who are viewed with stereotyped dislike. This one probably eludes many Americans.

Yes! Thank you- I am glad I am not the only one! If you knew me, you'd know I'd be the last person to ever say anything racist or derogatory! And about never seeing the word written- I actually typed it "jipped" and it underlined it like it was spelled wrong and I had to look up the spelling! So I didn't even know it was spelled that way!

I hope you guys have a great cruise! :)

Yes! Thank you- I am glad I am not the only one! If you knew me, you'd know I'd be the last person to ever say anything racist or derogatory! And about never seeing the word written- I actually typed it "jipped" and it underlined it like it was spelled wrong and I had to look up the spelling! So I didn't even know it was spelled that way!

@Mousemom234 ‘s reference to using gypsum in place of marble sounds familiar. I may have heard that, probably 40+ years ago. And I probably would have had to come up with a different word - not knowing how to spell it.

This should be a great cruise. So many new places to visit.

Late to this thread, but I am affirmatively trying to figure out how to get a navigator’s verandah on our next Disney cruise! I *am* a sunset and read on the balcony type—but these nautical theme and cushioned bench are adorable and unique to Disney. I hope you enjoy it and I hope you come back and post about it either way!

Late to this thread, but I am affirmatively trying to figure out how to get a navigator’s verandah on our next Disney cruise! I *am* a sunset and read on the balcony type—but these nautical theme and cushioned bench are adorable and unique to Disney. I hope you enjoy it and I hope you come back and post about it either way!
Be aware the Navigator's verandahs with the round porthole type opening and cushioned bench is only on the classic ships (Magic & Wonder). Navigator's verandahs on the Dream & Fantasy are different.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter