Deluxe dining thread

I cant get over how much I hear this mentioned. The Deluxe plan is pretty pricey, but the thing that really puts people over the top on it is the included $12 mug.

Is it just me, or have corporations really pegged the buying public?

Well is pretty simple... We will have no drinks to buy while at our resort... we are big drinkers (as in pop, water, tea, juice) and we always have something to drink... this is going to save us a TON of money...not having to purchase $3 or $4 drinks while at the resort... :thumbsup2 so adding it to the Dulxplan is a HUGE benefit for us... we are going to be at the world for 8 nights... and will more then get our $$$$ out of the Dulx DDP but with the Mug its just that much more of the money saver for us... Plus we get to bring the mug home...:)

then I listed all the 2 credit meals that we could do- Brown Derby with FDP, CRT, Narcossees, Hoop De Doo, Mickey's BBQ. Then I added in the mugs we probably would've bought anyway, plus the ability to go back to all our other favorite places (CP, CM, CR, LC, etc etc), and the extra credits to try some new/refurbed places (TH, Teppan-edo, etc), and get snacks without having to worry about using some for drinks (but also being able to get Dole Whips, fruit, etc). The one thing left to worry about is the time taken away from the parks. Don't get me wrong, we've been to WDW about 10X in as many years (starting with our honeymoon :love: ) but I still would rather be riding HM then eating. So, my evil plan is to schedule some early character breakfasts to get DH and DD5 out of bed and into the uncrowded parks! This will only be foiled if they have the concert series at MGM, and we need to run over there first for tickets... Guess I'll have to wait for the park hours and stuff, but I already have too many TS listed on my DXDDP planning spreadsheet. Too much of a good thing?

We are doing deluxe and are excited about it. We definitely will do a lot of sit down chracter breakfasts before the park opens and then we will do sit down dinners every night. I have a few lunches scheduled if we decide to we can but I'm not going to stress over it, if comes to lunchtime and we would rather ride then we will ride. But we are going in June and sometimes it is just so stinkin' hot that an hour and a half in the air conditioning enjoying great food doesn't sound so bad. I am going to be flexible with it though.
What spreadsheet are you using for your deluxe planning? You have me curious.
Lesley

We are doing deluxe and are excited about it. We definitely will do a lot of sit down chracter breakfasts before the park opens and then we will do sit down dinners every night. I have a few lunches scheduled if we decide to we can but I'm not going to stress over it, if comes to lunchtime and we would rather ride then we will ride. But we are going in June and sometimes it is just so stinkin' hot that an hour and a half in the air conditioning enjoying great food doesn't sound so bad. I am going to be flexible with it though.
Lesley

This is exactly what we are doing. We have all of our character breakfasts at 8:00 am. Plus this saves time standing in line to meet the characters! We have a few lunches but we decide on counter service or decide we are not hungry then we will deal with it. We have somewhat later dinners for most case with the exception of Brown Derby for our fantasmic dinner package.

We are going in June too. We have never been in June but I heard it HOT... So LONG day + HOT day it will be a welcome break to sit down for lunch too.

By the way we are not looking to maximize this plan to it's fullest. If we don't want apps and dessert at each meal then we will not order it... If we leave a few snacks behind it's not a big deal. To us the restaurants and the theming is all part of the Disney vacation experience.

I will admit if we were going on jan/Feb or some other time when the park hours are earlier and days are cooler I would rethink the deluxe plan.

Lesley
Just remember to cancel any ADRs you don't use, even if it's at the last minute.

I am going to share my reservations. Please give your thoughts?? We are family of 4, children ages 6,4. So character meals are worth it!

June 13th-Epcot Day
B-Snack option
L-Garden Grill 11:10
D-Le Cellier 5:00pm

June 14th-Magic Kingdom
B-Snack option or Crystal Palace 08:00-Leaning towards snack because too close to lunch.
L-CRT-12:30
D-LTT-7:05

June 15th-Resort Day-No parks
B-Cape May Character Breakfast- 9am
L-Beaches and Cream or pool side lunch
D-Flying Fish 6pm

June 16th-Magic Kingdom
B-Late Breakfast at Ohana 10:30(May cancel this)
L-Nothing planned
D-California Grill 7:30

June 17th-Studios
B-Play and Dine 8:00
L-Nothing
D-Fantasmic Dinner Brown Derby 4:10

June 18th-Epcot
B-Snack
L-Coral Reef 11:30
D-Teppan Edo 7:00

June 19th-Animal Kingdom
B-Breakfast with Donald 8:00
L-Yak and Yeti-2pm
D-Downtown Disney somewhere haven't decide..

This leaves us with 1 option open still.

We are going to be using DxDDp for our 4/1 - 4/7 trip. There will be myself, DH and DD (4). We have 6 nights worth of credits (36 adult, 18 child?) plus 36 snack credits if I have figured this right. This is what we have so far:
4/1 arrive appx noon... snacks when we arrive?
4:05 CRT
9:00 Shutters (staying at CBR)
4/2 DH Birthday 10:30 Kona
snack
6:15 Garden Grill
4/3 9:30 1900 Park Fare
2:15 Crystal Palace
8:00 Liberty Tree Tavern
4/4 9:30 Tusker House
snacks if needed
6:00 Chefs de France
4/5 11:45 Hollywood & Vine
5:45 50's Prime Time Cafe
snack or pizza delivery at resort
4/6 Pirate & Princess 9:40 Chef Mickeys
4:40 1900 Park Fare
4/7 flight at 9:50 PM 9:20 Crystal Palace
2:30 Plaza Restaurant
snacks before we leave

We still have 4 adult and 2 child TS we haven't scheduled. We are thinking of using them for in room pizza delivery or as CS if we get hungry at some other time. Mostly I was lucky to get the ADR's I got, as I only booked this trip 2 weeks ago :) I was thinking of trying to keep calling for a CRT breakfast as we did the dinner last year, but DD loved it and there were no breakfasts open. Anyone have any other suggestions for the last few credits we have?

Here's a scenario for family B.

Since they are willing to spend so much money on the deluxe plan, they are going to PLAN before leaving home.

They take advantage of EMHs. This allows the 4 year old to ride Dumbo as much as she likes without waiting in huge lines. While she's riding high, one parent runs around and collect fastpasses. Once daughter gets her fill on Dumbo, the family hits other EMH rides. (continuing to collect FPs as they go.) Once the parks open to the general public, they hit the rides that aren't included in the EMHs. (still collecting FPs)

10:45, they head over to Crystal Palace for their 11:00 lunch. Check in and the CM doesn't have them listed. Not a problem. When mom checked into the resort, she had guest services print out all of their ADRs. She pulls out the slip, hands it to the CM and they are seated in about 5 minutes.

The family enjoys a nice relaxing lunch. ( No one worries about maxing out the plan:sad2:)

Once they are done about 1-1 ½ hours, they head back out. Of course the park is packed now. But they still want to do a few rides before heading out. Not a problem. They pull out the FPs they collected earlier. Now they get to hit the big rides for the second time.:thumbsup2

DisneyJunkie -
Thanks for helping me out !! I will not try and MAX out - I will order what ever the heck I want and so will DH. I will just be happy to be able to have paid first and not have to worry about it. This year is our 10 year anniversary, so to me spending a little extra to make it special is fine. Also I saved 400.00 through AAA..... and since we will be here 13 days - DD will get to ride Dumbo many times I am sure. But I do understand the point.
We will be at MK 3 1/2 days, H.S. 2 days, Epcot 2 1/2, Animal Kingdom 1, Blizzard Beach 1, and Typhoon Lagoon 1, resort 1 and DD 1.
I think we will be able to get in plenty of fun!!! And I do agree if you are taking a much shorter trip it would be really hard to get everything in. But for us I could only stand eating a hotdog and fries two days and then I would be green at the site of counter-food. No offense to Cosmic Rays :rotfl: !!

Here's a scenario for family B.

Since they are willing to spend so much money on the deluxe plan, they are going to PLAN before leaving home.

They take advantage of EMHs. This allows the 4 year old to ride Dumbo as much as she likes without waiting in huge lines. While she's riding high, one parent runs around and collect fastpasses. Once daughter gets her fill on Dumbo, the family hits other EMH rides. (continuing to collect FPs as they go.) Once the parks open to the general public, they hit the rides that aren't included in the EMHs. (still collecting FPs)

Since they have PLANNED they will know that FP machines are not turned on during EMH, but they surely will collect them when they can. :rolleyes1

I'm looking for advice on dinner times. We will be eating buffet breakfasts most mornings (unless we are at the waterparks). What time does everyone think will be good for dinner?

We are going to be using DxDDp for our 4/1 - 4/7 trip. There will be myself, DH and DD (4). We have 6 nights worth of credits (36 adult, 18 child?) plus 36 snack credits if I have figured this right. This is what we have so far:
4/1 arrive appx noon... snacks when we arrive?
4:05 CRT
9:00 Shutters (staying at CBR)
4/2 DH Birthday 10:30 Kona
snack
6:15 Garden Grill
4/3 9:30 1900 Park Fare
2:15 Crystal Palace
8:00 Liberty Tree Tavern
4/4 9:30 Tusker House
snacks if needed
6:00 Chefs de France
4/5 11:45 Hollywood & Vine
5:45 50's Prime Time Cafe
snack or pizza delivery at resort
4/6 Pirate & Princess 9:40 Chef Mickeys
4:40 1900 Park Fare
4/7 flight at 9:50 PM 9:20 Crystal Palace
2:30 Plaza Restaurant
snacks before we leave

We still have 4 adult and 2 child TS we haven't scheduled. We are thinking of using them for in room pizza delivery or as CS if we get hungry at some other time. Mostly I was lucky to get the ADR's I got, as I only booked this trip 2 weeks ago :) I was thinking of trying to keep calling for a CRT breakfast as we did the dinner last year, but DD loved it and there were no breakfasts open. Anyone have any other suggestions for the last few credits we have?[/QUOTE

If you could get the CRT that would be great. But, you may want to add a signature dining meal. Or it seems like you have all of the character meals, which are nice but sometimes everything begins to taste the same. So you may want to switch some of those for some signature dining which would help you out with some of those extra credits that you have.

Good luck

I'm looking for advice on dinner times. We will be eating buffet breakfasts most mornings (unless we are at the waterparks). What time does everyone think will be good for dinner?

It all depends on you. In our family we a fairly late eaters so 8-9pm isn't a problem for us. And if you are planning on lunches in the middle of the day. As well as who is in your group.

Just remember to cancel any ADRs you don't use, even if it's at the last minute.

Oh don't worry, I will definitely cancel the ones not used, we carry our cell phones on us for that reason and others : )

Lesley

The problem with making the ADRs so late was that pretty much all we could get was character meals! all the signature dining i tried for was a no go for that whole week. What I did was called and gave them my trips dates and a few preferences and asked if they could do anything available for that week (we're pretty open with choices, except for a few we wanted). I've already called and taken off a few things and changed a few. Any signature dining you would specifically recommend?

yes, soup or salad is considered an appetizer.

Just change our plans to DXDP from DDP. I dropped a day of base ticket day. We are at the WL from 12-14 thru the 18th so only a four night stay. I'd rather max out and stay shorter stays since we are a short drive away. We have two rooms so it was very expensive for us. We are me, dh and we are taking four or our dd's age 16, 8,8, and 2.5 at the time of travel. We all LOVE to eat. Here's my plan:

Arrive around check in time at WL on Sunday first stop

HDDR @ 5pm show 2 TS credits each
Snack CR back at the WL before bed

Monday: MK day
CP for BRFST @ 8'ish 1TS
SNACK CK mid morning
Tony's TS 1:30ish
Snack CR on the way out of the park
WCC 1TS 7'ish

Tuesday MVMCP day
Trails End Buffett 1TS 8'ish
(girls are picking an extra either PPTP, Pirate Cruise, or Cooking at the GF)
Lunch is tenitive denpending on where they pick thinking 1900 PF 1TS 12'ish
Snack CR back at WL
LTT for supper 5'ish 1TS
Snack at MK before leaving

Wenesday- AK day

Tusker House BKFST 1TS 9'ish
Yak & Yeti 1 TS 1'ish
Snack CR leaving AK
Chef Mickeys Dinner 1TS 6:30'ish
Snack CR at WL before bedtime

Thrusday- Leaving day
WCC 1TS Breakfast 8:30'ish
Snack on the way out!

Did i calculate our plan correctly we've never done a dining plan before. Thanks for any advise/help.

Seems we have really stalled here ! ~ Page 2 :scared1: That will never do !!

Party of six - You plans look good as to the number of credits being used as far as I could tell. I have just finished making my ADR's and I will be posting the plans shortly. Because we are going to be there so many days - I am just leaving the snacking to the wind. If they want one - get it - and if we end up bringing back boxes of cookies from downtown disney that is okay will me too. Just to put that in to perspective though - we have 4 people - deluxe dining - 11 days - 4 x11 =44, and times 2 credits a day - yep we will have 88 :scared1: snack credits !! Can't really plan that out !:rotfl:

Thanks to everyone for this really useful thread! I just upgraded us (me, DH, and DS (3)) to Deluxe for our 7-night trip in October. It's our first time trying ANY dining plan so I was a little nervous. My reasoning was, we'll be there for long enough we won't have to rush to see "everything," I have not been overwhelmed with CS meals at the World in the past, and DS is good in restaurants. Well, at least now he is, who knows what hijinks he'll be up to in 6 months?? :rolleyes:

Now I just have to try to plan out ADRs for a whole week! That's the only part of the trip I'm really overwhelmed trying to figure out. ANyone have any hints for that?? :confused:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter