delta orlando resort

jeffie

Earning My Ears
I have been trying to do a search in regards to the delta resort by universal studios and other than a thread which says there has been a lot of bad press, I can't seem to come up with anything. I am booked there currently for $54 per night. I am a pretty particular person in regards to cleanliness, etc. and am wondering what the bad press was about. Any help? Thanks!

I would honestly look for someplace else. I have never stayed there personally, but I have been a member of these boards for quite awhile and have NEVER heard anything good about the Delta. The two most common complaints I can remember is that the hotel is dirty and the staff is rude. In my opinion, those are two of the most important things. Sorry I can't be of more help but for $50/night you should be able to do MUCH better. If worse comes to worse, you may even consider priceline. Also the Radisson has a limited special for $20.01/nt. Call the Universal Radisson and ask for the Dreams 2001 special.

Good Luck,
Jim

You could try hawthorn suites near Universal. They are a real nice chain suite type hotel. They frequently have specials on their website for the universal hotel. www.hawthorn.com

I will recomend you to try the Red Roof Inn Universal Studios just a 1 minute walk from the Delta in Major Blvd. I stayed there last year and was very clean and nice hotel (Continental Breakfast included). Robinrs one of the moderators of the Universal Board stayed there once and can tell you her expirience.

Good Luck :smooth:

Alberto

I stayed at the Delta a few years ago and while it wasn't exactly dirty, it was frayed around the edges. For all I know they may have completely refurbished it since then.

On the upside, it has a very nice pool area and several decent restuarant choices in the hotel itself. It also operates a free shuttle to Universal.

The Major Blvd area has many brand new hotels, so if cleanliness is important to you, I'd suggest booking one of the newer properties like Suburban Suites or Studios Plus or Red Roof.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter