• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Delta Atlanta connection or cincinatti connection. Anyone done this recently?

D L and K's Mom

<font color=blue>D, L and now baby Kennedy's mom!<
HAd anyone flown Delta through Atlanta or Cinncinatti lately? I am wondeing because we have done it in the past and we have had problems. I have a long post here somewhere about them. Have they gotten any better? Is there now a jetway or do you still have to walk out and onto the runway. Anyone have trouble with the lift or the lack of pre-boarding? We are in the mist of working with a lawyer and I am wondering if any improvements have been made. Thanks. I shoudl say the problems were with the connection airline not Delta themselves but they are operated by Delta so Delta is responsible.

I flew Comair (Delta connection) in August and you have to use the jetway to get to the smaller planes, both in Atlanta and in CVG. I was in a wc w/ a broken leg at the time and only had an issue with someone taking my wheelchair that I brought with me, causing me to miss my connecting flight. I'm not sure if that was the fault of the guy who took it and didn't notice it was not a Delta chair or if it was becuase of the Delta people not paying attention. CVG was great and I was able to pre-board, select my seats and use the lift just fine. I was also allowed preboarding in all my other cities. Just the wc issue for me.

So they did have a jetway...hmmmm That is great to know. We had to go down the stairs of the plane and walk to a awning (where DS's wheelchair was left int he rain) then go up stairs. The Cincinatti one was the same. We also had a problem the time they did take us in an elevator. We got to the plane and the very nice young man there had no idea how to use the lift. Again rain and DS on the lift in the rain and they couldnt drive it forward......horrible. I am so glad they are now using a jetway to get you to and from the smaller planes. Maybe the letters do make a difference. Thanks for the info.

It wasn't an actual jetway. I was referring to the basic hallway in CVG with the lift to the plane (the person actually knew how to operate it, though). In ATL, they had the covered thing and basically you were out on the tarmac. I haven't seen any changes in how Comair operates at either airport. I was not offered a lift in Atlanta and basically did the stairs on my crutches since I did not want to wait for them to get it. Not sure about the outside elevator in ATL as we had to go to the office so we went inside a different way

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter