Delta Airlines

dove70

Earning My Ears
We are flying out of Buffalo using Delta airlines. Just wondering what people's experience have been with them.

We have a 6:15 am flight. WHat time do you recommend we be at the airport?

Thanks for your help.

We are flying out of Buffalo using Delta airlines. Just wondering what people's experience have been with them.

We have a 6:15 am flight. WHat time do you recommend we be at the airport?

Thanks for your help.

We've flown Delta twice before and are flying Delta again this year. Many people on the transportation board have Delta horror stories. Fortunately, we have had a good experience both times (touch wood).

We always leave for the airport way too early (in case there are any issues with the border), so I'm not sure when the ideal time is. We aim to be there 2 hours early. The Buffalo airport is a breeze to navigate though and DH always rolls his eyes at me when we leave as early as we do.

The one thing with Delta is that they are notorious about changing their flight times. WE've been lucky and our changes haven't affected us -- but we always plan a light, flexible first day in case our early morning flight becomes an afternoon flight.

HTH!

I haven't flown them myself, but I have read lots of bad stories about them on the transportation board. My friend is flying them from Seattle to Orlando in September. Originally it was supposed to stop in Cincinnati, with an hour layover before heading to Orlando. Now they changed it so that she flies into Atlanta, then flies up to Cincinnati :confused3 and then down to Orlando....the kicker is that her flight arrives in Cincinnati at 9:45am, and the flight to Orlando leaves at 9am! How on earth do they expect that to work??? :eek:

She is calling this week to see about changing it, so I am not sure how it will all work out. I would suggest logging in and checking your flight once a week, just to keep on top of changes.

As to flying out of Buffalo, we always leave early too, just in case the border is busy, but crossing at 4 or 5am is never busy. We just use the extra time to have breakfast before parking at the airport. Security lines can be long in the morning, but the line does move fairly fast - and I imagine most of the flights leave a bit later, like 7, so it will be a snap.

We will already be at a hotel in Buffalo. Just wondering how early we should be at the airport for the 6:15 am flight.

90 min should be plenty of time, especially if you have checked in online and printed your boarding passes.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter