Delivery to WDW

disneyangel

<font color=green>Has a seperate pudding stomach<b
My dd and I are just looking on the justice website and have found some items with low stock in their sale that she likes . Just in case they don't have them in store I wondered about getting them sent to the resort .

has anyone every done this ?

Should have said we are going next week ;-) so delivery date given ties in with our first day

Yep, every year

I order sunscreen, snacks, waters and anything else we may need and have it to the resort

Where are you staying? I believe the conference resorts charge a fee for receiving deliveries

My DH collects comic book based toys and every year he has several packages sent to our disney hotel because in the US the postage is free but it almost doubles to cost if he has it sent over here.

We are staying at POFQ for 5 nights from Friday then moving to OKW. Was thinking of having them sent to OKW :-)

We are staying at POFQ for 5 nights from Friday then moving to OKW. Was thinking of having them sent to OKW :-)

If you don't need it for your first day then OKW would be a safer bet. We have things sent to POFQ every year. Only thing is that they don't store the packages there - they are kept at POR so if they arrive before you do and you check in after a certain time of the day, you have to either go collect them or arrange a time to be in your room to have then delivered to you there.

Just make sure you put your arrival date in the address next to your name so they can have it ready for you when you arrive at OKW

We are staying at POFQ and I am getting a Garden Grocer order and an order from disneystore.com sent to us there. I did not know the packages are not held at POFQ so thank you for that info! :)

We are staying at POFQ and I am getting a Garden Grocer order and an order from disneystore.com sent to us there. I did not know the packages are not held at POFQ so thank you for that info! :)

It's only at a certain time of day that they are sent over. If you have already checked in when the packages arrive they leave a message on your room phone to let you know it is at the front desk. If it arrives before you check in it seems they may send it over to POFQ and keep it there until a certain time. I assume it has to do with space? Not sure really and can only go on my own experience and what the CM's have told me. This may not be the case all the time, but it has been for us over the past few years.

Garden Grocer will not be sent to POR because it is food

Sorry I didn't see this earlier - but I wouldn't have anything sent to OKW again.

I had some Victoria Secret stuff delivered there and it arrived a couple of days before us and they returned it :mad:

I then had to get the new order resent and one item was then out of stock :headache: The resort did compensate me but I still don't know I would get anything sent there again.

Sorry I didn't see this earlier - but I wouldn't have anything sent to OKW again.

I had some Victoria Secret stuff delivered there and it arrived a couple of days before us and they returned it :mad:

I then had to get the new order resent and one item was then out of stock :headache: The resort did compensate me but I still don't know I would get anything sent there again.

Silly question, was your package marked with your res number and arrival date? I was told by OKW concierge that they return parcels that don't have an associated res number and check-in date.

Silly question, was your package marked with your res number and arrival date? I was told by OKW concierge that they return parcels that don't have an associated res number and check-in date.

It had date and name (there wasn't enough room for the reservation number) and was told by the front desk manager that was enough and they shouldn't have returned it. I know she wasn't lying to me as I have CM friends at OKW.

Besides it cost them in compensation so why would they send something back?

name and date of arrival is supposed to be enough..

i have numerous packages shipped to me every year..

this year i broke my record and had 11 packages shipped to me...
most arrived before we did, three arrived while we were there..

one of the pre-arrivals arrived 2 months before we did!!!!!!
(there was a sale at lands end that i just couldn't pass up!! :))

name and date of arrival is supposed to be enough..

I actually phoned and got put through to the front desk at POFQ to check the first year I had this done and they confirmed the above. I have always put my arrival date on (I was never told they would return it if it wasn't on there and actually have always assumed it was just so they knew when to have it available for me).

On some order websites they don't give enough space next to your name and check in date, so I just put the check in date where there is a space for company name or some other field. I am not happy putting my reservation number on there before I check in given that it has my name on as it appears on my reservation too. It goes through way too many public ports for my liking but check in date I am happy with and never had an issue. I often order more stuff while we are there too and the same has always applied without an issue.

Yes, Tracy, it would appear that your CM friend is correct - no reason why they should have returned it. I'm glad you got your compensation.

I actually phoned and got put through to the front desk at POFQ to check the first year I had this done and they confirmed the above. I have always put my arrival date on (I was never told they would return it if it wasn't on there and actually have always assumed it was just so they knew when to have it available for me).

On some order websites they don't give enough space next to your name and check in date, so I just put the check in date where there is a space for company name or some other field. I am not happy putting my reservation number on there before I check in given that it has my name on as it appears on my reservation too. It goes through way too many public ports for my liking but check in date I am happy with and never had an issue. I often order more stuff while we are there too and the same has always applied without an issue.

Yes, Tracy, it would appear that your CM friend is correct - no reason why they should have returned it. I'm glad you got your compensation.

i also called the first year i did this and they told me the same thing - to put next to my name "guest arriving August 15, 2013"...(whatever the date is you're arriving)....

i've had something like 50 packages delivered to me over the years, all arrived without any issues (from many different companies including Lands End, Amazon, the waterproof store, guitar center, eBags, iphone rental company, etc.)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter