Delivering FE efficiently

maria's_mommy

Mouseketeer
Any tips to efficiently deliver FE? Going to have 20 cabins to deliver to. Last cruise I divided into left and right side of ship for different delivery days, started at front top deck going front to back then down a deck and going back to front making my way down. However, looking at the floor plans I'm thinking if I group it by staircase, delivering to cabins closest to a staircase at a time making my way down it may be less walking? Anyone tried it that way?

Any tips to efficiently deliver FE? Going to have 20 cabins to deliver to. Last cruise I divided into left and right side of ship for different delivery days, started at front top deck going front to back then down a deck and going back to front making my way down. However, looking at the floor plans I'm thinking if I group it by staircase, delivering to cabins closest to a staircase at a time making my way down it may be less walking? Anyone tried it that way?
Depending on how many rooms, and where they're located, I've done forward, one day (or in the morning) and aft another day (or in the afternoon). That way I stay within forward/mid staircase and mid/aft staircase.

Sometimes I've done top X number of upper decks, then lower decks separate.

It really depends on where the staterooms are located. For one FE group, it worked out that 75% of the cabins were on deck 6. So I started forward (we were in a forward stateroom) and worked my way to the back of the ship on deck 6. Then delivered to the one additional aft stateroom on a different deck, walked to midship and finished with the few staterooms that were midship on various decks. Look for how the staterooms may be clumped together and I'll bet there's a delivery route that pops out as making the most sense.

We've printed the deck plans and highlighted them before and did them deck by deck both times but we got lucky with how close everyone was. We had 14 to do, did them on night one and it took less than 30 minutes.

Print the deck plans, highlight where the rooms are and it will make more sense when you can visualize each deck next to each other.

I create a set of maps using the deck plan and then group the cabins by location. The I organize the FE gifts so I have them bunched in the same number (so if there's 4 cabins by the forward elevators on decks 5 and 6 - I have a bag with 4 FEs marked; same with the 3 cabins aft on decks 8 & 9 - or wherever your cabins are).

I also try to look for good times to deliver. If you have any cabins on deck 2, make a note to deliver them when you're eating in Enchanted Garden. If you have cabins on deck 5, plan to deliver before seeing a movie.

Logistically speaking, if your cabins aren't very clumped, since walking down a hallway is easier than climbing stairs, the easiest way would be to take the elevator to the top floor you need, do all on that floor from one end to the other on one side of the deck, then go back up the other side of that deck, then go down to the next floor and do the same, until you are finished. If you can't carry them all, bring as many as you can easily carry and start the next load on the floor you left off.

Of course, if you prefer climbing stairs to walking corridors, then doing one stair case at a time is better.

20 rooms? Sounds like fun! (OK, and a lot of exercise!)

I always divided mine into FWD, MID and AFT and did one section per day. I would start at the top deck of rooms and work my way down the staircase.

For your average fish extender participant, this is probably overkill, but...

On the WBPC this spring we belonged to two FE groups and a recipe exchange. So we had fifty recipes and about eighteen FE cabins to visit, plus some pixie dust cabins.

I printed the list of members from each group and consulted a deck plan to note if each room was port or starboard, and if it was forward/midship/aft.

From that list I made about notecards with seven or eight groups, mapping out where to start and the order to visit the rooms - I didn't want to keep walking in circles! On the top right hand corner of each card I had written how many recipes and FE gifts to take on that particular delivery. (My FE gifts were all the same; we were in adults-only groups). As we left the room to go to different activities we would just grab a card to correspond to the area of the ship we would be near. We started on higher floors and took the stairs down to the lower floors.

Of course, we had fourteen days to deliver, too!

Hope this question is of a similar vain. How do you physically transport the FE for delivery, especially when you have multiple items per cabin? Are you putting all of the items per cabin in a separate bag and either leaving the bag or pulling items out of the bag? Or are you keeping each type of item in its own bag and then pulling an item for each cabin? I know this sounds really weird and detailed, but it's my job and my nature:) Thanks

Hope this question is of a similar vain. How do you physically transport the FE for delivery, especially when you have multiple items per cabin? Are you putting all of the items per cabin in a separate bag and either leaving the bag or pulling items out of the bag? Or are you keeping each type of item in its own bag and then pulling an item for each cabin? I know this sounds really weird and detailed, but it's my job and my nature:) Thanks
I've done it both ways. It just depends on how many rooms, and how much stuff (individual items).

We were on the Dream when we had our largest group. Multiple cabins on each deck spread across forward and aft. I was determined to deliver all in one night, so I shlepped all the gifts around each deck and every deck. Took about two-three hours, but I hit every cabin on the ship.

Most efficient way to deliver FE is to have your kids do it. :):):)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter