Deleuxe resorts

boyd2284

Earning My Ears
I was wondering if anyone could help me out with the decision of whether or not to get into a deluxe resort and rent points or just do a moderate resort again. I have a 4 year old daughter and we went to carribean beach just recently , i felt it was great for her and well priced. But the more i hear about how great these deluxe dvc resorts are the more i want to splurge and rent one. Is there a huge difference?

Yes and no. At the Deluxe resorts the pools tend to be a little nicer but I think the biggest draw is their closeness to the parks. For instance, you can walk right into EPCOT and it is about a 15 minute walk to HS so no need to wait for a bus from Beach Club, Yacht Club and Boardwalk. The rooms can be nicer depending on how much you spend. We have only rented points for studios and they have a microwave and toaster which is nice but I don't think the rooms themselves are all that much better than a moderate. However, I think it would be a huge difference if you got a 1 or 2 bedroom type room. If you can afford it, I'd say give it a try.

We rent points for 2 bedroom villas for our group of 7. It works out about the same price as 2 mod studios. It's really not that much more than a value family suite and an extra studio - but we always travel in the least expensive seasons.
I think the value of a deluxe comes from what amenities you use. We LOVE AKL the most. It is truly a destination unto itself. There are so many activities, animal outlooks, etc. And we love the table service choices there.

On the other hand, SSR is by far our least favorite of any level of Disney resort. Anywhere else it's a gorgeous, well appointed resort. But it lacks the Disney magic that we love. We actually preferred ASMu over SSR.

So I'd look at each resort and really think about what amenities speak to you.

With a deluxe studio room verses the CBR you will get a toaster and microwave . Free use of washer and dryer located by the pool at most resorts. other than that there not a ton of differences. Other than paying a lot more than you would at CBR. And deluxe resorts are excluded from free dinning offer.

Location, location, location. If you don't mind taking Disney transportation or driving to the parks then moderates are great. I love POFQ and will stay there over most deluxe resorts when you consider the price difference.

With a deluxe studio room verses the CBR you will get a toaster and microwave . Free use of washer and dryer located by the pool at most resorts. other than that there not a ton of differences. Other than paying a lot more than you would at CBR. And deluxe resorts are excluded from free dinning offer.
Deluxe resorts are not excluded from free dining, however not ALL deluxe DVC resorts are applicable for every promotion. I'm staying at BLT and when free dining was released in January it was on the list being offered.

We usually stay at only Deluxe resorts namely Yacht and Beach Club the one time we stayed at a moderate New Orleans Riverside we were sorely disappointed with the bus transportation. We decided to try Caribbean Beach, are we going to be disappointed again?

I want to add on to what PP have said about transportation. If your daughter is 4, you will most likely be spending more time at MK than any other park. So if you want to splurge on a deluxe, I'd recommend picking one that's closer to MK, Contemporary, Poly, GF, and WL are all nice resorts. WL you take a boat to MK, the others you hop on the Monorail or walk (Cont.)

Are there closing the beach club club level for construction? We have reservations starting October 28th and I was called today. I was moved over to the yacht club today or could have have breakfast delivered to my room. I moved to the yacht club.

I am renting points to stay at BRV and, hopefully, BWV next year. Proximity to the parks is key for me. I haven't been to Disney in over 12 years and have never stayed on property so I'm looking forward to the experience with our family of four.

I am renting a 2 bedroom at BLT and for us it was actually cheaper to rent points for a 2 bedroom (with 3 full bathrooms and a full kitchen) than it was to book 2 rooms at a moderate. I even priced out the values. I looked at every option and renting points was the better way to go for us.

I will reinforce previous poster's thoughts: location, location, location. When DW and I stayed on site we were at the Boardwalk Inn. Being able to walk to two parks was wonderful. In your case, I would think a stay at Bay Lake Towers would be a good choice to be able to easily wander over to MK. Of course that convenience will come at a price. We splurged once and got a 1 BR on the villa side of the Boardwalk. Lots of room and a nice balcony overlooking the pool. It was wonderful! One warning though, a stay at a deluxe can be addicting.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter