Deleting Phone Contacts

disneychrista

DIS Veteran
How often do you go through and delete phone contacts?

I recently went through mine 5-6 contacts. There are a couple more that I will probably delete soon. I don't see a reason to keep people that I no longer have contact with and/or have no desire to get in contact with me in my phone. I did not only delete but blocked a couple of the people I delted.

The Text/Party thread had a couple people mention they have old contact in their phone so I thought I'd ask.

Well, THAT was depressing.
41 numbers in my contacts.
3 belonging to people who are deceased.
1 a landline number that the person has moved so I need to get her new landline number. I have her cell phone number though.
2 work numbers, the main number and security, and while my retired, that is where my daughter works.
But I rarely use my cell phone for calls, that's what my landline is for. And I have never deleted any number.

I went through my contacts and deleted coworkers after I retired last year. Also deleted a couple of restaurants that closed. My sister makes fun of my syste, all restaurants and carry outs have first name of “food”
I wish there was a way to organize contact by category. Personal, Medical, Restaurants, etc. I also wish I could "hide" contacts that I don't necessarily want to delete but don't want to see either.

I have to go through and do some deletions. As someone else mentioned, I need to delete my xh (kid's dad) as he died last year and get rid of my awful old bosses numbers.
edited to add: I just deleted a lot. Could not delete the 2 that have passed. I had a lot of numbers of bosses and coworkers that I deleted. Only kept 4 that I was close to. Probably deleted 20 numbers.

Last edited:
None. Not even the people who don't work for the same company or the person who hasn't responded to me in a year.

I never have. I still have people I haven't worked with in over 10 years, a now- closed pizza place, a bunch of random contacts from military bases where I've gone to give trainings, a couple decreased former coworkers.

I wish there was a way to organize contact by category. Personal, Medical, Restaurants, etc. I also wish I could "hide" contacts that I don't necessarily want to delete but don't want to see either.
There is, in most address book software. Sometimes you have to go down into the "added fields" sections to add it, but I've always done this.

As to the original question, yes, I delete things like closed restaurants, retired physicians, the contact numbers of schools my kids no longer attend -- but for some strange sentimental reason, I keep deceased loved ones info in my address book. I may have unconsciously decided to do that when I realized that as the web constantly updates, all traces of anyone not famous usually disappear within a year or two. I guess as long as I'm alive, they have a place in the universe and are not forgotten.

There is, in most address book software. Sometimes you have to go down into the "added fields" sections to add it, but I've always done this.
Really?

Okay I just googled it yes you can put them into categories but it still show the unsorted list when you open up your contacts. Or at least that is what it did for me on my iPhone (8).

I don’t have a lot of phone numbers in my phone but there are definitely a few I need to go in and delete (such as my daughters bf and his mom from like 6 years ago).

I think I have hundreds, I have every single contact of my 5 kids (not on purpose although it’s been helpful on occasion).

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter