delete

I thought you were going in March.
It does say March 3-5 in the Op...

I am going in March. That is when my bf will come up from Miami and split the cost of the hotel with me.

I went to AK earlier this week. Plane fares were very cheap (and I had Jetblue points) and AS rooms were cheap as well. I had no interviews till that thursday so I winged it. Didnt cost me very much and had a good time!

Now that I wouldn’t do. Two trips a month apart when jobless….Big nope. Job market is changing more in favor of employers right now in a lot of fields. Especially with all the layoffs.

Now that I wouldn’t do. Two trips a month apart when jobless….Big nope. Job market is changing more in favor of employers right now in a lot of fields. Especially with all the layoffs.
I do not work in tech or STEM, and wasnt a victim of the layoffs (I was suddenly fired). Even with trips I have enough savings to be fine for a few months. I am sure I will find something especially putting pedal to the metal in job hunting. I have not had difficulty in securing interviews, several in less than a month of unemployment. I should also mention that I have no kids, car, or other big items besides rent that must be paid off. No student loan debt either.

Last edited:
I do not work in tech or STEM, and wasnt a victim of the layoffs (I was suddenly fired). Even with trips I have enough savings to be fine for a few months. I am sure I will find something especially putting pedal to the metal in job hunting. I have not had difficulty in securing interviews, several in less than a month of unemployment. I should also mention that I have no kids, car, or other big items besides rent that must be paid off. No student loan debt either.
I sincerely hope so, I wish you all the best in your job hunt. I was supportive of one trip, two in about a month, that’s risky. But if you feel comfortable, it’s your decision and hope it all works out.

I sincerely hope so, I wish you all the best in your job hunt. I was supportive of one trip, two in about a month, that’s risky. But if you feel comfortable, it’s your decision and hope it all works out.

i have to agree and will also mention that while it might not be the case where the op lives my region is seeing BIG layoffs in much more than just tech and stem. it's across the board (unskilled/entry level to high level professionals). makes no difference if you've been laid off or 'suddenly fired' (except you can collect unemployment for a layoff or a bad cause firing which the op seems not to be), much like the housing market the job market is softening in many parts of the country. the challenge isn't securing an interview-it's being offered a job.

i have to agree and will also mention that while it might not be the case where the op lives my region is seeing BIG layoffs in much more than just tech and stem. it's across the board (unskilled/entry level to high level professionals). makes no difference if you've been laid off or 'suddenly fired' (except you can collect unemployment for a layoff or a bad cause firing which the op seems not to be), much like the housing market the job market is softening in many parts of the country. the challenge isn't securing an interview-it's being offered a job.
I've applied for the typical unemployment things like unemployment, food stamps, etc. The best I can do is apply for jobs and put time and effort into doing so, use connections (like my father who works in a giant aerospace company), and if youre religious pray to god that you will be given an offer.

If you put more applications out there, youre more likely to receive an interview and thus an offer. Ive been in this position before. SO much negativity regarding the job market, even before COVID, Ive been fear mongered for so many years of the job market. Its been "bad" for 5+ years lol. I am no more hopeless now than before. The trick is not letting the fear mongering get you down. If I listened to all of what the media says, id be horribly depressed!!!!

Last edited:
You also posted in Trip Planning saying you're going to HS this week? Personally I can't imagine applying for food stamps whilst paying for three trips to WDW within a month 😅 but enjoy!

can't say i disagree

Even with trips I have enough savings to be fine for a few months
Being unemployed (not financially struggling) and chronically bored living alone, I wanted to take a small economical vacation to get away from it all.

I believe this thread has ran its course. Deletion isnt possible. I will remember next time not to put personal information like this on a website as many like to insert their extra unneeded 50 cents into the conversations (going beyond the general advice I asked). I will no longer be checking or responding to this thread.

I think people like to go above and beyond and try to say what youre doing isnt right etc. etc. and at this time, I dont think I need that. I appreciate the genuine advice but this thread is starting to be filled with people out of touch with the job market snd fear mongering, and I dont need that kind of junk in my brain right now.

Im lucky enough to have a trust fund and other things incase I financially go awry (at the rate ive been applying, wont happen). I might as well make the most of a time where I cant do things otherwise. I will return again to this thread if it still exists when I get another job.

Thank you to all who commented!

Last edited:
If you have a trust fund, why are you applying for food stamps? I don't know that you could even GET food stamps with a trust fund--don't you have to list your assets?

Did you really think people wouldn't judge you for taking several Disney trips while unemployed? I mean, people were sympathetic when they read that you'd already put money down on this short March trip, but then it turns out you're repeatedly going to WDW while having no steady income. If I had set up your trust fund, I'd be smacking my head at that one.

I suspect it's a lie. You know, like in the first post where she says the March trip will be her "first ever" WDW trip. (deleted in the first post, but quoted in post #8, I think).

I'm reminded that you can't directly ask for money on Disboards, but you can tell stories that might make folks want to gift you things in PMs...until folks figure out the stories don't hold up under scrutiny...

This whole thing reminds me of another story about sports and college from last year that hit the community board...

I'm reminded that you can't directly ask for money on Disboards, but you can tell stories that might make folks want to gift you things in PMs...until folks figure out the stories don't hold up under scrutiny...

This whole thing reminds me of another story about sports and college from last year that hit the community board...
I hadn't considered that angle. I was thinking more along the lines of "validation for a trip when I really shouldn't go". Because sometimes, we all hate to put on our big-girl panties and deal.

I suspect it's a lie. You know, like in the first post where she says the March trip will be her "first ever" WDW trip. (deleted in the first post, but quoted in post #8, I think).
You are right! The first post was edited but it’s quoted further down and she can’t change that. At first I believed it, but now I think we were trolled. She went from having to go “on a forced diet” to having a trust fund... may explain why she was fired, if this is even true. Sad.

You are right! The first post was edited but it’s quoted further down and she can’t change that. At first I believed it, but now I think we were trolled. She went from having to go “on a forced diet” to having a trust fund... may explain why she was fired, if this is even true. Sad.
Pretty obvious now we were trolled. What a weird topic to troll people about…

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter