Delete Thread

Caught up but I am a quote failure. We started off early with some bread pudding and it put me in a good mood :rotfl:

The Wave breakfast is one I have wanted to try for a long time. I have booked and cancelled a few times b/c I am not a huge breakfast fan, so if I'm going to specifically book a breakfast, I want it to be somewhere I really like (and we've had some good breakfasts: GFlo Cafe (probably my fave), Boma, Crystal Palace, Tusker House, and Whispering Canyon. We've had more, but those are the ones I'd book again with no hesitation, with Crystal Palace in last place b/c I only want it if it's pre-park opening) so I can never pull the trigger and commit.

Oh, and after showing Matt, he says I better figure out a way to get Shula's in during our trip :rotfl:

The Wave breakfast is one I have wanted to try for a long time. I have booked and cancelled a few times b/c I am not a huge breakfast fan, so if I'm going to specifically book a breakfast, I want it to be somewhere I really like (and we've had some good breakfasts: GFlo Cafe (probably my fave), Boma, Crystal Palace, Tusker House, and Whispering Canyon. We've had more, but those are the ones I'd book again with no hesitation, with Crystal Palace in last place b/c I only want it if it's pre-park opening) so I can never pull the trigger and commit.

I did too, and I was pretty disappointed. I wouldn't bother unless you were close by. I actually keep doing the same thing with the GFlo I've booked it before, but something has always come up and caused us to cancel.

Oh, and after showing Matt, he says I better figure out a way to get Shula's in during our trip :rotfl:

Ooo you should!

That's not good that the buffet food wasn't as fresh and replenished. I made reservations for my family the morning after my wedding, so hopefully they enjoy their meal. I'm not attending I plan to sleep in and have my new husband fetch me some breakfast from a quick service :)

We are planning on eating there for lunch on NYE so hopefully the food is better than the breakfast. I've never been there before for any meal, but it's the easiest option for us since we'll be staying at the hotel.

That's not good that the buffet food wasn't as fresh and replenished.

Yeah, it's kind of gross when it sits under the lights for too long :crazy2:

I made reservations for my family the morning after my wedding, so hopefully they enjoy their meal.

I hope they have a good meal too!

We are planning on eating there for lunch on NYE so hopefully the food is better than the breakfast. I've never been there before for any meal, but it's the easiest option for us since we'll be staying at the hotel.

I haven't read any reviews of lunch, but the burgers sounded good!

giphy-7-gif.339203

I think we can all relate to Rolly sometimes ::yes::
Rolly is my spirit animal lol.

1H9cu1Zl.jpg

OMG these were delicious :lovestruc Every bit as good as I've heard. They were hot, delicious, and had lots of flavor. I, of course ate both of them, and ignored the sour dough bread.
I think this place is worth a trip to just for these rolls. They are so good!

I don't think he ate very many if any at all. I do remember them telling him the butter was safe, but the garlic was stored near or with stuff containing gluten so it was kind of an "eat it at your own risk" type thing. He didn't have any of the garlic.
That's too bad that he couldn't enjoy these, I'd be so sad sitting at a table with them and not being able to eat them.

I loved this when I ordered it, we were so stuffed we ended up taking it to go and had it for breakfast the next day.

Overall I'd still say Shula's is our favorite, but I wouldn't hesitate to go here again either especially if we were staying in the area. We really enjoyed our meal, and we were even contemplating changing our plans for the next day to include some steak again :rotfl: I thought maybe 2 days in a row would be too much for us (I hadn't even thought about 3 days prior to this),
It is great when it's easy to get to. We'll be staying at the Yacht Club in March so I'm planning a night here then.
This is a gorgeous picture! You should post it and tag Disney in it to see if they repost it.

IZxGmfxl.jpg

(I took this picture with portrait mode and I think he looks like a bourbon model in it :lovestruc He's too handsome).

What a stunner!! You two are definitely beautiful people. :goodvibes Nice shot you took!

I also told Josh now I had garlic and onion breath which is everyone's dream for a nice date night :rotfl:

tenor-4-gif.339205

:rotfl:

I subbed in Bernaise sauce and beef fat potatoes

Yumm. That sounds like an excellent idea.

Overall I'd still say Shula's is our favorite, but I wouldn't hesitate to go here again either especially if we were staying in the area.

Good to know! We've got our first reservation here next month, and I still want to try Shula's, too. There's just TOO much to eat. :sad1:

we were even contemplating changing our plans for the next day to include some steak again :rotfl:

:rotfl: Yes! All the steak!

and Josh said "You can never have enough steak on vacation!"

And there it is! :laughing: For the record, I totally agree.

This is too beautiful! You got an excellent picture of it, too.

lO4UACml.jpg

(Not a great picture, but you can see how 100% of his attention is on the steaks :rotfl:)

He is laser focused on the steaks!

(I did not wear that tank top to dinner, I changed after because I wanted to do the Starlord and Baby Groot meet and greet :rotfl:)

xXjcGKo.gif

This made me laugh way harder than was probably necessary :rotfl: I love her!

I'm so happy you liked Yachstman!! We love it so I was scared you'd have a bad experience. I have Shula's officially booked for January now, btw. We had Tutto Italia but I changed it to Shula's b/c it was the only night we could work it in. I'm excited!

Sorry the Wave was lacking we’ve had dinner there once and it was good
I agree Boma breakfast is the BEST!
I’m glad you got to try Yachtsmans it’s so pretty there and the service is excellent
We were able to add 4 days at YC following our stay at HRH in November
Since were arriving on Thanksgiving I was able to grab dinner at Yachtsman’s :cool1:
Super convenient and delicious
I do love Citricos steak too and their sauce is excellent Yum can’t wait to March
Isn’t it terrible when I think of upcoming trips I think about dining more than the rides or parks :rotfl:
Such beautiful pictures of the sunset
I forget do you have the IPHONE 8 or 10?
I love your Pongo gif to this my youngest DD always says I’m hungry Mother I’m hungry :goodvibes

I love love love Yachtsman--those rolls are spectacular!! I am SO sad to see what they've done to the truffle mac and cheese though!!! My last visit I had the filet with garlic butter, truffle fries and the truffle mac and cheese, so I love how hard you went too!! But my mac and cheese didn't have any "mix ins" beyond tobacco onion straws on top--definitely no peppers or spinach! Seems like an odd choice on their part.

As I'm siting here in the middle of nowhere Maryland eating bad conference center food for a week your report has me SO SO SO hungry. I could literally devour an entire basket of those rolls or the potatoes or the steak or the gratin or the mac n cheese or heck even Josh's GF rolls right about now.

Seriously so glad to hear you all enjoyed it. I'm hopeful we will get to Shula's this time around but staying at the BC that may be difficult. Or we can just take Josh's advice and know that we can never have too much steak on vacation.

And gorgeous sunset pictures. Jason is supposed to be getting our good camera fixed this week - its been out of commission for well over a year - so maybe I can start to take some good pictures again.

We stayed at Yacht Club in June and got pictures of some of the best sunsets from there.

I'm bummed that he couldn't have the garlic. Makes me glad we skipped it since that was pretty much the only reason I wanted to go :)

We stayed at Yacht Club in June and got pictures of some of the best sunsets from there.

I agree, the sunsets were some of the prettiest there!

I'm bummed that he couldn't have the garlic. Makes me glad we skipped it since that was pretty much the only reason I wanted to go :)

Yeah, although I don't think it would've made as much sense with the type of bread he was given anyway. He doesn't usually eat the bread or too much of it so he was satisfied with his meal.

I want to try Yachtsman, I always read good reviews.

Yeah it was good, I'd definitely recommend trying it!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter