Delete Thread

Usually I review the USO food in that TR (and I may still do that as well) but I wanted to know if you guys want to hear about that too. Would you stick with a dining TR that had a little Universal in it too?

Yay! I'm looking forward for another scoop on where to eat in September ;)

So here's a little rant: I'm very particular about my burgers because so few places get them right. I like my meat medium, and any place that is decent with burgers or steak seems to know what that means. But most places completely overcook it until it's more like medium well or well done. Josh always tells me I should go with medium rare like he does, but the thing is I like my burgers medium for a reason. I don't want them too rare and I don't want them overcooked. If I ordered it medium rare and it came out that way, I would want it cooked more. So I say medium and I get it 3/10 times. And then I go back to the places that consistently get it right. Ideally I'd like a burger that is hot, juicy, and a little pink on the inside. End rant :laughing:
This is basically why I rarely order steaks at restaurants lol
I did not ask him to pick again this trip :rotfl:
Skip the Julie - noted! And yeah, that loses you picking priveleges for the trip :rotfl:
Josh doesn't do veggies so no tomatoes or lettuce for him
Smart man :thumbsup2
What I really came here for is to try the sticky toffee pudding!
It looks good in your picture, though I'm pretty sure that I fight have teeth, I have one large tooth and it's sweet :rotfl2:

Also I thought I quoted the butter beer :confused3 but anyways, I'm more determined to get a frozen one now! DF got a regular one in Hollywood last summer and I tasted it, but it was too carbonated for me. I only do carbonation in my booze ;) I tried to get a frozen one but the were always out :(

I'm the complete opposite when it comes to my burger. Steaks are cooked medium rare. However, my burger has to be well done. I seriously think it's a texture thing. I've always been like that with burgers. If I can see even a tiny bit of pink I will send it back. Lol.

Chris is super excited about trying the butter beer again. I didn't really care for it to be honest. I'm not exactly sure why I didn't like it. I took one sip and was done. Chris finished it off for me. Lol.

I'm the complete opposite when it comes to my burger. Steaks are cooked medium rare. However, my burger has to be well done. I seriously think it's a texture thing. I've always been like that with burgers. If I can see even a tiny bit of pink I will send it back. Lol.

Chris is super excited about trying the butter beer again. I didn't really care for it to be honest. I'm not exactly sure why I didn't like it. I took one sip and was done. Chris finished it off for me. Lol.

Last edited:

I somehow missed that you had started this?!

So here's a little rant: I'm very particular about my burgers because so few places get them right. I like my meat medium, and any place that is decent with burgers or steak seems to know what that means. But most places completely overcook it until it's more like medium well or well done. Josh always tells me I should go with medium rare like he does, but the thing is I like my burgers medium for a reason. I don't want them too rare and I don't want them overcooked. If I ordered it medium rare and it came out that way, I would want it cooked more. So I say medium and I get it 3/10 times. And then I go back to the places that consistently get it right. Ideally I'd like a burger that is hot, juicy, and a little pink on the inside. End rant :laughing:

You might not want to come to Canada and order a burger than. We were always taught that ground beef MUST be cooked all the way through to kill off all the bacteria, so burgers are always cooked well done up here (they don't even ask if that's what you want). I've noticed a few places just recently will cook it more medium, but I freak out over any pink in beef at all so that's not something I'll be trying!

I'm enjoying the start of your dining review, I agree with you, a good juicy medium burger is the best and very hard to find.

Blackberry Brandy made me so sick when I was younger yuck! It does taste like cough syrup.

Butter beer yes please! Yummy, I love the frozen best as well.

I'm enjoying the start of your dining review, I agree with you, a good juicy medium burger is the best and very hard to find.

Blackberry Brandy made me so sick when I was younger yuck! It does taste like cough syrup.

Butter beer yes please! Yummy, I love the frozen best as well.

Thanks for following along!

I don't think I was prepared for the brandy :crazy2:

I'm here! Loving any dining report that starts with copious amounts of adult beverages.

Bummer your burger wasn't cooked right as it sounded delicious. But i'm totally with Josh in the medium rare club. Bring on the pink :P

I'm curious to see how your burger quest goes. We haven't tackled that many at disney, but in vegas a few years ago we had lunch at a different burger joint each day on our own quest to find the best one.

Cool-headed Monkey
Starr African Rum, Van Der Hum Tangerine Liqueur, fresh Lime Juice, Watermelon, and Pineapple Juice

I liked this drink and I thought the cup was cool. (Though the shape of it made it a little hard to hold). However with the cup I think it was something like $27 so I passed on the cup.
I had this drink when I went and I really liked it as well. I didn't even realize you could buy the glass! But like you said, $27 is a little steep for a cup! But I wonder what the glasses cost at Trader Sam's?

A sampling of three different house-made sides.

My choices were creamy mashed potatoes with gravy on the side, momma's mac and cheese, & Bradley's grits. I was disappointed at how fast I got full too because I felt like I barely made a dent in any of these :sad: They were all delicious too. The mashed potatoes were just as good as they were the last time. (I wasn't crazy about the gravy). The mac and cheese was very good. And the grits were good too, and had a nice buttery taste.

Screen%20Shot%202017-05-15%20at%208.53.59%20PM.png
This looks soon good but also soon filling!

Hey girl! I'm just finding this dining report now, but it seems like you're just getting started so I'm not too far behind :cutie::cutie: I can't wait to hear about the rest of your eats, you ate at many yummy places!!

Since it was the first day of vacation I decided the best way to celebrate would be with an adult beverage.

Is there any other way?! :love:

Once you had a few sips it started to taste like cough syrup. I can kind of blame Josh for this one because sometimes I ask him to pick out something he knows I'd like and he picked completely wrong this time. I did not ask him to pick again this trip

Ugh... it kinda looks like cough syrup too...

He said "this tastes like something you'd get at a park watching a Little League game".

Poor Josh!

with the cup I think it was something like $27 so I passed on the cup.

$27 for a cup?! :eek::eek:

My choices were creamy mashed potatoes with gravy on the side, momma's mac and cheese, & Bradley's grits.

Well this looks DELICIOUS :thumbsup2

Cool-headed Monkey
Starr African Rum, Van Der Hum Tangerine Liqueur, fresh Lime Juice, Watermelon, and Pineapple Juice

I liked this drink and I thought the cup was cool. (Though the shape of it made it a little hard to hold). However with the cup I think it was something like $27 so I passed on the cup.

Screen%20Shot%202017-05-15%20at%208.53.43%20PM.png
Loving the cup this came in. Totally reminds me of the infamous monkey brain scene from the move. I must have missed this on the menu when we were there or I totally would have gotten one. Watermelon and tangerine in a monkey head sounds awesome to me!

ike the deviled egg filling was good, but had a mustard taste that was a little overpowering without something else on them. Josh and I thought they were good, but that they tasted better the last time we went.

Screen%20Shot%202017-05-15%20at%208.53.47%20PM.png
Wow, those are huge!!! I guess you have to eat it more like an ice cream cone to get the filling off the top????

My choices were creamy mashed potatoes with gravy on the side, momma's mac and cheese, & Bradley's grits. I was disappointed at how fast I got full too because I felt like I barely made a dent in any of these :sad: They were all delicious too. The mashed potatoes were just as good as they were the last time. (I wasn't crazy about the gravy). The mac and cheese was very good. And the grits were good too, and had a nice buttery taste.

Screen%20Shot%202017-05-15%20at%208.53.59%20PM.png
Ah a plate full of carbs. This looks and sounds ah-maz-ing!!!

Reggie's Revenge
Florida Cane 'Orlando Orange' Vodka, Midori Melon Liqueur, White Cranberry Juice, and fresh Lime Juice

This looks/sounds good, but lately everytime I see a drink in someone's report and I think that, it's followed up by:

tenor.gif

Church Lady Deviled Eggs
HFK-style whole deviled eggs

Don't tell Zack about these. I hate deviled eggs :crazy2: I'm not a mustard or mayo fan, and I don't like egg yolks by themselves (I only eat scrambled eggs :goodvibes) so deviled eggs are like a nightmare in an egg white for me.

Kitchen Plate
A sampling of three different house-made sides.

Mmmmmmmm. Except the grits... I've never had them, I should try them sometime.

Jock Lindsay's and Homecomin' both look like neat places to go. They'll have to go on my ever growing list :)

Nice review of Homecoming and Jock Lindsey's! I love the monkey cup... it's definitely cool! I keep reading Homecoming on everyone's review and it's definitely on my list now. I gotta try them sometime but b/c DS 13 hates shopping, we don't go to Disney Springs often. I'll have to convince him sometime.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter