Delete Thread

Day 1, Part 1-"We're in Disney Trouble"
Uh oh....lol.

First of all from the minute I got in the car to the end of the ride he kept talking about how good I smelled. It was not one throwaway comment, it was getting awkward. He kept insisting I smelled just like strawberries :confused: This was legitimately puzzling to me because I didn't...
Creepy!

He started talking about how "he needed to know what that was because it smelled more authentic than real strawberries and he wanted to spray it in his house"...
Weirdo!

Like instead of saying it's behind Cirque De Soleil and near Characters in Flight (even saying hot air balloon would make sense). He said it was near that "big white circle" and by the "big blue circle in the air".
Wait, what???? SMH. Glad you were able to get some comic relief from it though!

There wasn't a table for 3 available so I figured I'd just pull up a stool from an empty one next to that table.

That was the first time I got in trouble.
Bad, bad! HAHA.

So I got up to close it.

That was the second time I got in trouble.
Naughty!

I'm a rebel without a cause now...or with a cause.
So funny because I'm a total rule breaker (@ariane37 this probably shocks you, doesn't it?? :P)...however, I'm an under-the-radar rule breaker so no one usually notices...lol.

Shortly after they moved a bunch more chairs to our table that we didn't need that had been moved to another table earlier...despite the fact that we were not allowed to move chairs I guess those customers had been able to.
Isn't that always how it goes? "But wait a minute, you said I couldn't do that???" Where is the consistency? Smh.

Finally the waiter came to take our order. (No one had tried when we were at the other tables).
My goodness, this who visit seems like a lot of work for a few drinks! I hope they were delicious!

and @chunkymonkey and her husband stopped by to say hello.
Yay!!

Overall we didn't have the most attentive waiter, and we got in more "Disney trouble" than I've ever been in before :rotfl:, but I think we had a great dismeet with @xlsm.
Well, I am glad there was that! LOL.

"he needed to know what that was because it smelled more authentic than real strawberries and he wanted to spray it in his house"...

Weirdo!!! I have gotten some weird taxi drivers before, but yours just sounds like he has a fetish...for berries.

It's by the Strawberry Lot

But of course!

He said it was near that "big white circle" and by the "big blue circle in the air".

Yeah, near that black thing next to the square.

Another waiter came over and scolded me telling me they were never allowed to close it because the waiters need it to get outside quickly to those customers. I asked why the other waiter offered to close it, and I was told they just couldn't.

@xlsm and I were laughing about getting into "Disney trouble" so many times.

Hahaha can't believe you got in trouble at Jock Lindsey's. Next time I think you need to stir up some trouble at Skipper Canteen because I want to know what the skippers would say to you.

We chatted awhile, and @chunkymonkey and her husband stopped by to say hello.

Screen%20Shot%202017-05-15%20at%208.55.19%20PM.png

(I bought the same AP Wishes shirt later in the trip so now we can match :laughing:).

Aww hi guys!! @xlsm I love your Wishes shirt! I forgot to get one on my trip. Boo.

By the way Josh was severely disappointed he didn't wear his Indiana Jones hat this night. I don't know why he didn't because he wore it every other day except the day we went there...:rotfl:

Oh too bad! That would have been perfect.

What a creepy driver with some weird fetish for strawberries... I bet he didn't even have to drop you off at the Strawberry Lot, he just wanted to.

How strange that you got in trouble for moving chairs...and for closing a door. I'm glad you still had fun though, and got to do lots of Dis-meets!

Omg girl, you have me in stitches from laughing so hard with all the 'Disney Trouble' you got into :teeth::teeth:. Who knew moving a chair and closing a door would cause so much drama?! haha!

Also that uber drive? WEIRDO. I never take Uber alone because I'm a scaredy cat and am 100% sure I'd be kidnapped

Overall we didn't have the most attentive waiter, and we got in more "Disney trouble" than I've ever been in before :rotfl:, but I think we had a great dismeet

Sounds like you made the most out of your visit <3

On the way to DS on this day we got probably the worst Uber driver we've ever had (close competition to the one that almost made Jenna and I puke in March). First of all from the minute I got in the car to the end of the ride he kept talking about how good I smelled. It was not one throwaway comment, it was getting awkward. He kept insisting I smelled just like strawberries :confused: This was legitimately puzzling to me because I didn't...
What a creeper! I probably would have started being a smart *** once he didn't get the hint that he was annoying.

Now that we were free from the Uber driver we went over to meet @xlsm at Jock Lindsey's. I had been keeping her updated on our strange Uber driver and how we were running a little behind schedule, but we made it around the time we were trying for.

Screen%20Shot%202017-05-15%20at%208.53.30%20PM.png

Screen%20Shot%202017-05-15%20at%208.53.25%20PM.png
This place looks so cool, I definitely need to stop in this year!

Shortly after they moved a bunch more chairs to our table that we didn't need that had been moved to another table earlier...despite the fact that we were not allowed to move chairs I guess those customers had been able to.
Apparently only YOU aren't allowed to move chairs. :scratchin

Yep, drivers like this are reasons that I'm nervous about taking an Uber when I'm by myself! We usually have a car, so we don't need to use it much at WDW, but I've considered it when we've been visiting other places for my husband's work and I'm hanging out by myself. Logically, I know most people who Uber are totally normal - but then you get this guy! I'd like to be generous and wonder if he was just trying to be friendly, but he went way way too far :/

Glad you made the most out of your Disney Springs experience, even though the staff maybe were not as great as they could have been! Going to have to put Jock Lindsey's on our list for January when we'll be at Saratoga. Sounds like some fun food and drinks at least! We'll just remember not to move any chairs :P

First things first...

LOVED your preview of Pandora. Josh sounded so excited at the beginning! My favorite part of the vlog was catching little snippets of what the people around you were saying...I heard angry mom voice from someone when you were in Wind Traders, lol!!

The baby stuff is the cutest!

It was kind of funny because afterwards Josh and I kept describing buildings in the terms of shapes and colors instead like you want to go over to that big white circle over there

"Let's go to the pointy whitish thing with the blue tips and watch the furry animals dance and sing with the humans in sparkly outfits."

Only way I'm describing the welcome show from now on.

Now that we were free from the Uber driver we went over to meet @xlsm at Jock Lindsey's. I had been keeping her updated on our strange Uber driver and how we were running a little behind schedule, but we made it around the time we were trying for.

You and your uber/taxi experiences! I'm just glad you weren't kidnapped and held hostage in a produce section somewhere.

Another waiter came over and scolded me telling me they were never allowed to close it because the waiters need it to get outside quickly to those customers. I asked why the other waiter offered to close it, and I was told they just couldn't.

@xlsm and I were laughing about getting into "Disney trouble" so many times.

Everyone who worked there was ridiculous, basically.

(I bought the same AP Wishes shirt later in the trip so now we can match :laughing:).

Hooray!!

I got more comments on that shirt from other guests than I have anything else I've ever worn! Normally it's my ears that people ask about, but everyone loved that Wishes shirt!

Overall we didn't have the most attentive waiter, and we got in more "Disney trouble" than I've ever been in before :rotfl:, but I think we had a great dismeet with @xlsm. I hope we get to meet up again sometime! @xlsm if you need a trip partner in the future I'm available, we can get in more Disney trouble :thumbsup2

Screen%20Shot%202017-05-15%20at%208.55.34%20PM.png

@xlsm & @DexLabDeeDee even got to meet on the way to Homecomin'!

Aw! I think we had a great time! It was fun to meet you and Josh, I'm so glad we were able to make it work out. Best of all, thanks to Disboards, it wasn't some super awkward encounter and we actually had things to talk about :rotfl:

I would happily get into more Disney trouble with you!

So excited that I got to meet @DexLabDeeDee too!! And of course @chunkymonkey, who I can now officially say I met in "real life" before meeting on the Dis ::yes::

Aww hi guys!! @xlsm I love your Wishes shirt! I forgot to get one on my trip. Boo.

I'm sad you forgot to get the Wishes shirt...we could have ALL matched, lol!!

a bit late to the party, but joining in - your trip report title definitely caught my eye

I am assuming you've seen that this happened:
I'm Mary Poppins.jpg

Wow, super creepy Uber driver - just an odd thing to obsess over. And that share stopping and starting would make me sick too - especially being in the backseat of a car

Sorry you also had struggles at Jock Lindsey's with the CMs, very strange - at least it worked out in the end.

a bit late to the party, but joining in - your trip report title definitely caught my eye

I am assuming you've seen that this happened:
View attachment 237747

I had some debate over what to name this TR (we overheard some really hilarious comments by children on this trip), but I had to name it that because I loved the movie and I think this was my favorite quote of the trip.

:rotfl: I love that picture! @ArielSRL sent it to me on Facebook last night.

Wow, super creepy Uber driver - just an odd thing to obsess over. And that share stopping and starting would make me sick too - especially being in the backseat of a car

Sorry you also had struggles at Jock Lindsey's with the CMs, very strange - at least it worked out in the end.

It was very strange. But yeah I don't like sitting in the backseat already, and some people are really jerky drivers that combo is just too much.

I guess we were just having a strange night :rotfl: But at least it was a fun night!

I GOT IN DISNEY TROUBLE TWICE IN THE SAME DAY FOR STEPPING ON A YELLOW LINE AT FIGMENT LOADING. IT WAS THE EDGE OF MY FOOT. NOT EVEN MY WHOLE FOOT! :upsidedow

Jock Lindsey's is such a party and I feel as if you guys improved it. haha
excited for more dismeets!

I GOT IN DISNEY TROUBLE TWICE IN THE SAME DAY FOR STEPPING ON A YELLOW LINE AT FIGMENT LOADING. IT WAS THE EDGE OF MY FOOT. NOT EVEN MY WHOLE FOOT! :upsidedow

Jock Lindsey's is such a party and I feel as if you guys improved it. haha
excited for more dismeets!

We're Disney rebels :cool1:
@xlsm I think that's true we did make it a party party:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter