Delayed Access to Site Due to Spike in Demand

I was in the queue, then had to log in. I then saw a blank screen with “home” and I waited for awhile—my dues page finally came up.

While I'm able to get in this AM still can't pay. When I try to pay it says I'm paying more then the balance that's due and even though I say proceed nothing happens. I can see member accounting being VERY busy Monday morning.

While I'm able to get in this AM still can't pay. When I try to pay it says I'm paying more then the balance that's due and even though I say proceed nothing happens. I can see member accounting being VERY busy Monday morning.

Same thing just happened to me. I tried to pay twice and thought I was losing my mind. Giving up for now.

I got this too. Not due till Jan. 15 so my guess is demand on the website and the correct amount will be charged by then :)

Just got on long enough to see how much I owe, checked in on booking patterns to see how Thanksgiving is shaping up, then logged off. Waited in a queue for less than a minute. I like to pay dues before the new year in order to tidy up my budget, but don't have an issue waiting a few days for demand to wane.

I think these few days must be some of the highest traffic the website sees in a year. The queue didn't bother me, I'd rather see that than the 7 Dwarfs because at least I know I connected. I remember having to call for concert tickets and playing the game where you get a busy signal, hang up, redial, repeat 20 times. Even now it's not uncommon for websites to have issues for hot concert tickets.

I just get a blank screen! This is really getting OLD!

This is ridiculous. Going on for days? Got through the queue and then buffered on a blank screen for 5 minutes before I gave up. Something tells me if DVD got the same response from my bank when they grab my dues, they would have a different reaction.

mac_tlc

I banked some points when I was on earlier and just received a confirmation email... about my August use year/points. I have all September contracts. The system seems completely messed up right now. :rolleyes2

The DVC web site is wasting everyone's time. If they want to sell points and keep adding members, then they need to have a site that can accommodate all of the members. It is currently extremely frustrating. It seems like it would be easier to sell my points and vacation at Universal. I don't need these ridiculous hassles! Where do we complain???????
I just went to pay my dues on multiple contracts. It has the total amount, but says the statement is unavailable. I decided to pay anyway, but when I submitted it says the amount I am paying exceeds what I owe, and I will have a credit. I did not proceed with that, but now I see that it says one of my contracts is "past due," which absolutely can not be true. I paid the dues in full last year, and never saw a past due notice. The DVC site is a mess!
Take a screen shot... and take the credit and you'll owe less for your dues next year ;) Might as well play their game.

The DVC web site is wasting everyone's time. If they want to sell points and keep adding members, then they need to have a site that can accommodate all of the members. It is currently extremely frustrating. It seems like it would be easier to sell my points and vacation at Universal. I don't need these ridiculous hassles! Where do we complain???????

Take a screen shot... and take the credit and you'll owe less for your dues next year ;) Might as well play their game.
I tried doing that, didn't work (as expected).

Yes fired you miss the point they knew there would be a large amount of traffic on the site and also invited all members to go to the site when they knew it would not handle the traffic. There is no excuse and this is not the first time the website has had problems.

I am well aware of the problems and I think it’s ridiculous as well. I just think demanding someone’s job because you are inconvenienced is a bit much. I guarantee you, if that guy gets fired (and I doubt if it’s one guy), it will have zero effect. People keep buying points, people keep buying anything Disney sells, and people will keep complaining while handing over fistfuls of cash for the Disney “magic.” I’ve been a member for 20+ years and this Is how Disney operates. Expecting them to suddenly have their act together will lead to disappointment.

BTW, I had zero issues logging in and seeing my dues statement.

I finally go through to put my credit card payment in. THen it kept rejecting my card. At first I thought I was my card but I’ve used it several times since for other things. This is my first year paying dues as a new owner, I can’t believe how difficult Disney makes it to just give them money.

So funny thing...

I went to the member site and tried to log in. Immediately, I was sent to the "you have been placed in the queue..." page. I backed out and went back to the home page (not logged in) and started "shopping around". I went to the page that told me information about how to add on...I browsed a little bit like I was interested in buying more points (NOT!) and then I tried to log in again....POOF! Magically I was able to log in without delay! I went right to my dashboard, saw my annual dues statement and printed it out without any glitches or problems whatsoever. Who knew? All I had to do was do a little window shopping and I was able to skip the line entirely!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter