Decorating your resort room?

We keep it simple with Halloween clings. The kids love decorating our window at Pop while my husband and I get our room organized. After the trip, I put them back in a zip lock bag and keep them in the suitcase for next year. They are fun for the fall season and help the kids find our room at night.

We have decorated our window last year when we went for a Halloween party. We put orange string lights around the window and we had a Minnie Mouse doll in her witch outfit and Mickey in his vampire outfit on the window sill.

The orange lights made a perfect night light. I have decided we will just set them up when we are in a hotel to make those late night potty breaks easier to navigate!

Here is our window decorations from when we stayed at POR this past Septemeber. Star Wars Mickey Head themed. Of course I forgot to take a picture of the other window.
photo.php

I never thought of decorating my door and you all have the cutest ideas. However, this time our trip is for 10 days and we're staying at the Wilderness Cabins (our DS graduates high school and DD graduates college so we're splurging). I really wanted to be able to decorate the cabin (also maybe with something cute each day). Any ideas? I'm not sure if anyone will notice lime green mickey heads on our doors. I'm going to get the heads anyway and then laminate them but I'm not optimistic.

We make a door wreath that matches the resort and the season. Then we have coordinating items for the window sill. Then we add a few items for the room area. Our last trip was Christmas at Caribbean Resort, so we brought our Elf on the Shelf and placed her doing her new task each day in the middle of the sill. Such a hit the little boy next door thanked us on his last day. I always make sure I am doing NO DAMAGE to the room.

Any questions, let me know.

I never thought of decorating my door and you all have the cutest ideas. However, this time our trip is for 10 days and we're staying at the Wilderness Cabins (our DS graduates high school and DD graduates college so we're splurging). I really wanted to be able to decorate the cabin (also maybe with something cute each day). Any ideas? I'm not sure if anyone will notice lime green mickey heads on our doors. I'm going to get the heads anyway and then laminate them but I'm not optimistic.
Fort Wilderness Cabins or Wilderness Lodge cabins? If WL Cabins, those are DVC and DVC has asked guests not to decorate where any decorations can be seen from the outside. Inside, no tape or tacks or sticky stuff that leaves residue or a mark.

The DBF and I are planning on decorating our window at POP with orange string lights and a silhouette of Oogie Boogie popping out of the corner!

I always go over the top for my window decorations every trip. As long as you don't make a mess for Mousekeeping to clean up, you should be fine (no window paint, sticky tape, etc.). For my trip last September, I make a Mickey pumpkin garland to outline my window and placed Disney Halloween figures on the window sill. This Christmas, my window will be complete with a window-cling Nativity, battery-operated Christmas lights, Disney figures, and a paper Christmas train. I always find Disney clipart, print them out on cardstock, and use them as garland or place them on little pegs to stand up.

Fort Wilderness Cabins or Wilderness Lodge cabins? If WL Cabins, those are DVC and DVC has asked guests not to decorate where any decorations can be seen from the outside. Inside, no tape or tacks or sticky stuff that leaves residue or a mark.
Fort Wilderness Cabins. Good reminder about the DVC properties...thank you.

Use both command strips and suction cups and have not had a problem. We also use a timer on our lights so that when we are returning from the parks at night we can see our room plus it is fun for the grandchildren!

If WL Cabins, those are DVC and DVC has asked guests not to decorate where any decorations can be seen from the outside.
I didn't know that. I've been DVC for about 15 years. I've decorated with lights on the inside of my room at the windows for years. I loved coming home on the bus and seeing my Christmas lights up at my room.

I didn't know that. I've been DVC for about 15 years. I've decorated with lights on the inside of my room at the windows for years. I loved coming home on the bus and seeing my Christmas lights up at my room.
They made that announcement a few years ago.

Looking for some help please...crafty help or ideals.
Going next March, first week...flower and garden time. Will have 2 rooms, hubby and my the other room is my daughter and her 5 year old son, will be his first time!

Looking for some help please...crafty help or ideals.
Going next March, first week...flower and garden time. Will have 2 rooms, hubby and my the other room is my daughter and her 5 year old son, will be his first time!

Mickey and Minnie planting flowers! If you have connecting rooms, have one window be Mickey and the other be Minnie! One of them planting flowers while the other is watering them.

Just an idea. Though that may be a ridiculously big project. But definitely something Springy.

We will be at Port Orleans-French Quarter the week prior to Easter so I’m trying to think of some cute Disney Easter window decor. Suggestions anyone?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter