Decoding your ADR number

GenieCat

DIS Veteran
This is mostly just a curiosity, but while reviewing my new :cool1: ADR's, I noticed the first five digits of the 12 digit confirmation numbers are all the same, and all end with "1", and several with "01".

The little that I know about mathematical theory suggests that if those numbers were issued sequentially or randomly, each having this same ending number would indeed be an odd coincidence.

Do any of the digits refer to how many ahead of me have made a reservation for that specific time? Perhaps the numbers somewhere in the middle might be a code to identify the restaurant.

Can anyone offer an explanation of how it works?

After having made and canceled more reservations than I'd like to admit :rolleyes1 I believe its sequential. The numbers just get higher and higher as the days go on.

This is mostly just a curiosity, but while reviewing my new :cool1: ADR's, I noticed the first five digits of the 12 digit confirmation numbers are all the same, and all end with "1".

The little that I know about mathematical theory suggests that if those numbers were issued sequentially or randomly, each having this same ending number would indeed be an odd coincidence.

Do any of the digits refer to how many ahead of me have made a reservation for that specific time? Perhaps the numbers somewhere in the middle might be a code to identify the restaurant.

Can anyone offer an explanation of how it works?

I think they just go in order. I made my ADRs this morning. My first numbers were all the same....4010818.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter