Declining MBs now that upgrade options are available

iujen94

DIS Veteran
I've got a Disney trip coming up, and I want to decline a MB. It used to be easy to find the "decline" option, but now that the upgraded bands are being offered, I can't find that option anymore. Help?

Me too, can't find the decline option.

This is the first time we've decided to decline Magic Bands, but now with the change to order upgrades, it looks like the option to decline has been removed from the online ordering?

I think the default has switched. It used to be that you automatically received bands unless you decline. Now you do not receive bands unless you place an order, even if the order is just for non-upgrade plain color bands. I do not know this with certainty, but it seems to be how the system works now.

I think the default has switched. It used to be that you automatically received bands unless you decline. Now you do not receive bands unless you place an order, even if the order is just for non-upgrade plain color bands. I do not know this with certainty, but it seems to be how the system works now.
That would be strange though no? What about those who are first timers and never order any? They get none?

That would be strange though no? What about those who are first timers and never order any? They get none?

Worst case, they could be handed bands upon check-in, which happened to me the one time I didn't customized and forgot to decline. Also, I think first timers who never knew the old system would assume they need to order. Being sent something without having to initiate the process is rarely the default. I do agree the interface on the current system could be clearer about needing to place an order (as opposed to just customizing) even if you do not choose an upgraded option.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter