Declining Housekeeping?

briternik

Mouseketeer
Do you think we will be able to decline housekeeping when the resorts open back? I realize that I would be opening myself to potential exposure just by going, but I would really like to keep other people out of my room, if possible. My last stay, before all of this, they insisted they had to come in to remove trash and do security checks.

Do you think we will be able to decline housekeeping when the resorts open back? I realize that I would be opening myself to potential exposure just by going, but I would really like to keep other people out of my room, if possible. My last stay, before all of this, they insisted they had to come in to remove trash and do security checks.
Ah, you mean exposure to the virus by having MouseKeeping come into your room. Well yes, but at the same time these are the people that would be wiping down your rooms hard surfaces with disinfecting cleaner as well.

you would most likely still have the security check which would still have someone else in your room. that would defeat your keeping others out as I do not see security checks stopping

I’m sure they will. Maybe all resorts now. It’s an easy way to score 10.00.
Not at the deluxes. By the time you're spending $400+ per night for your room, it is not worth it to have to do your own housekeeping to save $10 a night. At that point it's more significant to not have to see guests wandering the hallways with bundles of dirty towels, looking for where to put them, or just leaving them in piles outside of their door.

Not at the deluxes. By the time you're spending $400+ per night for your room, it is not worth it to have to do your own housekeeping to save $10 a night. At that point it's more significant to not have to see guests wandering the hallways with bundles of dirty towels, looking for where to put them, or just leaving them in piles outside of their door.
I thought they were doing it at one of the Deluxe resorts. I know for sure they will be. It started at values. Then mods. But I was sure one was doing it now.

I've seen half eaten trays of food laying in the hallway for way longer then they should of been at the poly

There are many people who do not want housekeeping when they travel anywhere for a variety of reasons. Marriott offers a similar program where you get additional points for declining. So for people who would decline it anyway, the $10 per night gift card is an added bonus.

There are many people who do not want housekeeping when they travel anywhere for a variety of reasons. Marriott offers a similar program where you get additional points for declining. So for people who would decline it anyway, the $10 per night gift card is an added bonus.

exactly. they often wake us of come in when it's inconvenient. throw away things I'm not done with (newspaper,etc) but most importantly mu husband is nearly blind. and he wants things left where he put them. the housekeepers move things around. I usually put the do not disturb sign up. then they wouldknock to make sure I didn't want to be disturbed! lol I know they do the daily checks. But I for one am thrilled with the $10 per night incentive,

Has he, or have you on his behal, tried having a conversation about this with the headvof housekeeping at your resort?
yes. but we go often and do split stays so lots of calls. and you don't always get the same one anyway. I would rather not have anyone messing with any of my stuff and take the gift card!

I would rather not have anyone messing with any of my stuff and take the gift card!
I've been to WDW at different resorts probably 30+ times over my lifetime and no one has ever "messed with any of my stuff".

Don't worry about it!

I've seen half eaten trays of food laying in the hallway for way longer then they should of been at the poly

Also saw that a lot at the GF in Sugar Loaf club level last summer. If I didn’t get the room with a dirt cheap rate I probably would have complained. It was disgusting.

For a number of reasons we ask for no housekeeping. We stay at deluxe resorts so there is no financial incentive.

because of the security checks that wdw implemented, for our last visit we asked that they only do trash removal. To make it easier we used just one trash can in the room (the largest). We did a split stay and our request was respected at both resorts.

sw

I've been to WDW at different resorts probably 30+ times over my lifetime and no one has ever "messed with any of my stuff".

Don't worry about it!
I also have been to WDW many resorts over 30+ times over many years and I have . Once something stolen, but things moved around, "put away", almost everytime. I just don't like the idea of people in my space. more importantly we don't like our things moved for the very good reason that my husband is nearly blind and he wants things left exactly where he put them.. But I'm not worried about it. I decline housekeeping and get a nice $90 gift card for our 10 day trip. buys our mugs and one dinner!

I never did get the reasons why folks decline housekeeping, but when we go away we don’t want to make beds or deal with emptying trash or dirty linens. The small financial incentive isn’t worth it for us. We do, however, tidy up our things before we leave the room, so that valuables are not visible and there is no reason for anyone entering the room to touch or move our belongings (especially personal items like toothbrushes, combs, razors, etc.)

Regarding the new coronavirus, I think if we instantly knew how dispersed it has been over the past few months we would be a lot less concerned about it. However, I don’t want to catch any virus, which is one of the reasons that we do the 15 hour drive to Disney every winter instead of spending time packed into airports and airplanes with people during cold and flu season; we are fortunate to have the option to drive. However, I’ve never worried about housekeeping—I believe that they use gloves, and I can’t recall any of our stuff being moved, but as I mentioned before, we clean up after ourselves. You could always take a tub of disinfectant wipes to clean hard surfaces just in case.

They have to move toothbrushes, combs, etc. in order to clean the sink and vanity. When they put them back they do it neatly... putting the toothbrushes in a rolled up washcloth; laying things neatly in line. We want everything exactly where it was. And I’m not running around in the morning putting everything away. Even if I wanted to my husband doesn’t WANT it put away. Blind people want things to be exactly where they left them. And $90 is worth cleaning up on my own in the afternoon. To each their own and that’s why decking housekeeping is an OPTION.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter