Deck 2

As I procrastinate this morning there are 237 OV cabins on the Magic with 146 of those on deck 2. They will have to upgrade some to verandahs depending on ships capacity and cabins already assigned.
You're assuming that they're booking all of those rooms. That isn't a given, as they're operating under reduced capacity.

My guess is, if your two reservations are linked, and one of them is slated to be moved, they'd move both.
I know, but the ONLY connecting OV rooms on the classic ships are on decks 1 and 2. So they would move both, but it would split up our family unless we get upgraded to connecting verandahs, which seems unlikely as that is double the price.

I know, but the ONLY connecting OV rooms on the classic ships are on decks 1 and 2. So they would move both, but it would split up our family unless we get upgraded to connecting verandahs, which seems unlikely as that is double the price.
There are a few connecting OV rooms on deck 6 & 7. Not a lot, but they are there.

There are a few connecting OV rooms on deck 6 & 7. Not a lot, but they are there.
Hmm, I looked at a deck plan and you’re right but I’ve never seen them available for booking. Maybe if I book opening day for summer 2023 though I could get them. Thanks!

I was looking around on the website trying different possible bookings on the Wonder. I couldn't book deck 2 or deck 5 aft in May but they were open for booking in June.

Do you think they will do this for the Alaskan cruises? Our Stateroom is Deck 2 with a large porthole. We sail in September

Do you think they will do this for the Alaskan cruises?

I don't know about the Wonder (anyone on there recently checked it out?) - but on the Dream in January, most (if not all) of the 2nd floor was blocked. I can't confirm everything was closed because I didn't check the doors by Enchanted Garden. But you could not enter Deck 2 Forward on either side. So if all of Deck 2 is blocked, and if it is the same as the Wonder, and if they still have quarantine in September, then yes, you'll be upgraded somewhere else. I know only part of Deck 5 was closed - on the starboard side.

I don't know about the Wonder (anyone on there recently checked it out?) - but on the Dream in January, most (if not all) of the 2nd floor was blocked. I can't confirm everything was closed because I didn't check the doors by Enchanted Garden. But you could not enter Deck 2 Forward on either side. So if all of Deck 2 is blocked, and if it is the same as the Wonder, and if they still have quarantine in September, then yes, you'll be upgraded somewhere else. I know only part of Deck 5 was closed - on the starboard side.

Thanks for that. Hopefully it'll be back to normal (mostly) by then. Excited to hear all about the first sailing in May

Do you think they will do this for the Alaskan cruises? Our Stateroom is Deck 2 with a large porthole. We sail in September

Obviously, this is not an official position from Disney, but I just did a quick check on cruises on the Magic and Wonder for the next couple of months. Doing a random sample I could not find a cruise where you could select a deck 2 cabin in February, March, or early April. But, in late April, May, and June they are available. The earlier cruises have some GT cabins on deck 2, but with those Disney can move you. This leads me to think that DCL feels more confident at this time that late spring and summer cruises will not need so much quarantine space. Hopefully, there will not be any more variants to change that.

Obviously, this is not an official position from Disney, but I just did a quick check on cruises on the Magic and Wonder for the next couple of months. Doing a random sample I could not find a cruise where you could select a deck 2 cabin in February, March, or early April. But, in late April, May, and June they are available. The earlier cruises have some GT cabins on deck 2, but with those Disney can move you. This leads me to think that DCL feels more confident at this time that late spring and summer cruises will not need so much quarantine space. Hopefully, there will not be any more variants to change that.

Ooh that does sound promising. Guess we wait and see :-)

The Magic is due to go to Europe in May, and at the moment there have been no updates as to the status of those cruises. DCL most likely has not finalised the policies and procedures for The Magic after May, so therefore it is logical that they have not made a decision about deck 2. As far as I know, no one on the European cruises has been notified about a stateroom change from deck 2, so seeing them available is not surprising. It will be end of March start of April before DCL will start to make restrictions and policies available for The Magics European season from May to September.

The problem I am having is that we have connecting OV rooms on deck 2 booked for our family of 5. If we can't get connecting, that means DH and I have to split up and each take some of the kids. Not anywhere close to the same experience. Will be following to see if they start opening up deck 2 at all once (hopefully) Omicron subsides a bit. :(
We're in the same situation. This was our first time doing connecting rooms instead of the family verandah. Hoping they will find something connecting for us if our rooms are reassigned. I'd probably accept them moving us to one family verandah rather than having us split to different parts of the ship.

We have a Deck 2 OV room on the Wonder in June. Would be thrilled with an upgrade but I’ll most just be happy to be on the ship to Alaska! Definitely interested in the updates as the spring progresses.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter