• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Deck 2 Noise on Magic?

ChicosWife

The Caribbean DCL Life For Us!
Hi all, I am thinking of changing our next family cruise to an itinerary on the Magic. We are looking at an Oceanview room on deck 2. I have only sailed on the Dream and Fantasy and a lot of the stateroom reviews of this deck on the older ships states that noise is an issue. Can anyone confirm or deny the severity of the noise, over the newer ships? TIA.

We did our first 5 cruises on the Magic on the first deck and loved it. Great location for getting off and on the ship at ports and a few floors up to all other things. There was some noise in the morning but nothing that bad.

Now we are on deck 2 for our Hawaii trip in May. Don’t remember any noise when we were on this deck before. I guess if you were under the theatre it you may hear that . We picked this room.

We've done two cruises on deck 2 of the classics and leave in days on our third deck 2 cruise. We like the location and noise hasn't been an issue at all. I would advise to be aware of what's above you (ie if you're under a restaurant) but that's my advise no matter what deck you're looking at.

We have stayed on Deck 2 for every cruise except Panama Canal and loved it. We typically try and get 9B stateroom under guest service area. Will be on Deck 2 for upcoming Hawaii cruise.

We have stayed on Deck 2 for every cruise except Panama Canal and loved it. We typically try and get 9B stateroom under guest service area. Will be on Deck 2 for upcoming Hawaii cruise.

This is our preferred area as well. Right under Guest Services or Port Adventures. Unfortunately, cat is apparently out of the bag because I was unable to get this room for our cruise this summer and I'm apparently under a kitchen which does have some noise complaints so I'm crossing my fingers.

The Edge club for tweens used to be on deck 2 on the Magic and Wonder. It was moved several years ago to deck 9 on both ships. If the reviews are old or talk about noise from the club/kids, that is no longer an issue.

We had a "guarantee" room on our last cruise and were assigned a stateroom Deck 2 mid-ship, under Guest Services as well. Very quiet! No noise from pulling in/out of port. We would stay here again! There was some normal ship "squeaking" during the nights across the Atlantic, but not a big deal. Husband and DS slept through and I went right back to sleep.

We've stayed in 2116 on the Wonder and 2108 on the Magic (category 9C, aft--at or forward of the aft elevators.) No issues with noise with either of those rooms! I think the starboard rooms tend to have more noise complaints due to the kitchen being over them.

We were in 2643 and 2645 on the Magic a few months ago and the noise as we were pulling into/out of each port was horrific.

I will 2nd this. 2128 on the Magic was unreal. For deck 1, the plan is blank. However, 2128 is directly above an unloading platform. So the side thrusters would wake us up pulling into port in early AM, and then the CONSTANT wheeling of carts into and out of the room directly below us ensured we would not be falling back asleep. It had to have been on diamond plate floors/ramps and was so loud that it seems like they were rolling into and out of our room. Castaway Cay was especially bothersome with the amount of stuff they were loading and/or unloading and the hour at which it started (around 5:00am) - not something I wanted on my expensive vacation.

Unless we know what is directly above AND below us, we won't do it anymore. So unless I know I had a room below me, and Guest services above me I wouldn't do it. And the cost savings for us would have to be significant as in our experience the side thrusters were MUCH less noticeable once we started cruising on Deck 5, and it was usually "only" around $100-$200 more from Deck 2 to Deck 5 which was totally worth it for us.

Overall, we prefer the older ships, we will just be avoiding deck 2 in the future unless the savings are significant and we know what is above and below us.

However, this was our experience and YMMV.

Hi all, I am thinking of changing our next family cruise to an itinerary on the Magic. We are looking at an Oceanview room on deck 2. I have only sailed on the Dream and Fantasy and a lot of the stateroom reviews of this deck on the older ships states that noise is an issue. Can anyone confirm or deny the severity of the noise, over the newer ships? TIA.
Deck 2 on the classic ships is where we prefer.

We've been forward, mid-ships, and aft on both the Wonder and Magic.

Yes, there is some "noise", depending on what's above you, but I never found it bad. We've been located under the starboard passageway (next to Triton's/Lumiere's), under the entrance to (what was then) Parrot Cay on the Magic, beneath the adult lounge area on both the Magic & Wonder.

You can sometimes hear people walking, on those floors that are not carpeted.

I've stayed on deck 2 for almost all my trips on Magic and Wonder. I would agree to check what is above/below you. A couple years back we were under the kitchen/restaurant and the rolling noises from above was constant most of the night. They even 'investigated' for us one night and couldn't find out what it was. It was strange because a few years before we had the exact same room but no noise. On the whole though most of deck 2 is quiet and lovely. Last year stayed deck 2 the walkway side along Lumieres and it was super peaceful.

We stayed on deck 2 in rooms 2135 and 2137 in December on the Magic and didn't have any noise issues. We were in an interior room in the aft portion of the ship. It's nice because you are close to the restaurants on deck 3 and 4. It's easy to grab an elevator going up to Deck 9. I booked the same rooms on the Wonder for next year. Cheers!

We did our first 5 cruises on the Magic on the first deck and loved it. Great location for getting off and on the ship at ports and a few floors up to all other things. There was some noise in the morning but nothing that bad.

Now we are on deck 2 for our Hawaii trip in May. Don’t remember any noise when we were on this deck before. I guess if you were under the theatre it you may hear that . We picked this room.
Were you aft or forward?

You can't stay under Royal Palace (on the Dream), as underneath Royal Palace is Enchanted Garden.

I thought you were asking about the Magic class ships?

I am. The deck plan shows Rapunzel's Royal Palace on deck 3. Is that correct?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter