Deck 2 Aft or Forward

ChicosWife

The Caribbean DCL Life For Us!
We are on deck 2 for our upcoming cruises, but the first one is forward and the next one is aft. The CM said that you feel less motion in the aft, but I have heard good things about forward. Thoughts? We will be on the Fantasy and Wonder respectively.
:thanks:

I am a forward-area girl. I LOVE the motion there. I cruise to be on the water - IMHO if I am still/not feeling the motion, I might as well do a land-based vacation.

I'm okay with some motion, BUT, I also don't want to sliding off the bed at night! :rotfl2:

I'm okay with some motion, BUT, I also don't want to sliding off the bed at night! :rotfl2:

I have never had "sliding off the bed at night". EVEN on the Brilliance in the middle of the Med last summer when we hit a pop-up STORM and the winds were just a tick shy of Tropical Storm level on the scale - and I overlooked the helipad on that cruise. Doesn't get more forward than that.

I would NEVER, EVER get an aft cabin on the Fantasy, not even if it was for free. We were in 5168 aft cabin on the Fantasy last Jan. The size and condition of the cabin was wonderful and our hostess was the best that we've had out of our 3 cruises. And was quick down the hall to the kids club. It was also super quiet. However, the vibrations were horrible. It was like trying to sleep on top of a jack hammer. I usually sleep great on the ships, but not on this one. By the 3rd night I was about ready to jump off the ship, it was that bad. I've read many reports from others on here about bad aft experiences on the Fantasy. I didn't know about this site when I had booked the cruise, so happy I know about it now. Our's was before the last dry-dock, haven't read if it's any better since then. Have only been mid-ship on the Wonder, but haven't read anything bad about any of the areas on it.

Aft--the further aft you go, the more likely you are to feel vibrations. We were on the Wonder before the renovation in Room 2116 which is right at the Aft elevators. We could slightly feel the vibrations, not enough to bother us, but noticed it enough that I wouldn't want to be more than 1-2 rooms further aft in the future. We could really feel the vibrations the first night in what was Parrot Cay, as that is even further aft.

I would NEVER, EVER get an aft cabin on the Fantasy, not even if it was for free. We were in 5168 aft cabin on the Fantasy last Jan. The size and condition of the cabin was wonderful and our hostess was the best that we've had out of our 3 cruises. And was quick down the hall to the kids club. It was also super quiet. However, the vibrations were horrible. It was like trying to sleep on top of a jack hammer. I usually sleep great on the ships, but not on this one. By the 3rd night I was about ready to jump off the ship, it was that bad. I've read many reports from others on here about bad aft experiences on the Fantasy. I didn't know about this site when I had booked the cruise, so happy I know about it now. Our's was before the last dry-dock, haven't read if it's any better since then. Have only been mid-ship on the Wonder, but haven't read anything bad about any of the areas on it.

Aft--the further aft you go, the more likely you are to feel vibrations. We were on the Wonder before the renovation in Room 2116 which is right at the Aft elevators. We could slightly feel the vibrations, not enough to bother us, but noticed it enough that I wouldn't want to be more than 1-2 rooms further aft in the future. We could really feel the vibrations the first night in what was Parrot Cay, as that is even further aft.

That makes me re-consider our room choice on the Wonder. When we go to re-book on board, I am thinking I may change the room to the forward instead... :worried:

What's your cabin on the Wonder? We're sailing on the Wonder in March and will be in 2592. It's about 1/2 between the mid and aft elevators. I haven't seen any bad reviews about it. The only bad reviews I've ever seen have to do with aft on the Fantasy, not the Wonder . Have you checked out the stateroom reviews on here for your cabin? I can't do forward because I get motion sickness. We also sailed on the Wonder several years ago and were in 2072, it was slightly aft of the mid-ship elevators and was great. I've always heard that the lower decks have less movement also, so I would think the forward in the Fantasy would be ok.

We love forward! Some people don't like having to walk to get to dining but I love walking the ship any chance I can get. We've only done aft once and it was bad as far as noise and vibration. I'm sure we just got bad luck but it's been enough to keep us forward ever since!

I have never had "sliding off the bed at night". EVEN on the Brilliance in the middle of the Med last summer when we hit a pop-up STORM and the winds were just a tick shy of Tropical Storm level on the scale - and I overlooked the helipad on that cruise. Doesn't get more forward than that.
That is so us. We want the swells. We crave them. We were deck 2 forward on the DCL 2005 EBPC. Hurricane Hilary took an unexpected turn and we ended up having to ride the waves through the night and into the next day. I have videos of the waves completely covering our porthole. It made for a very monumental trip. We loved it.

What's your cabin on the Wonder? We're sailing on the Wonder in March and will be in 2592. It's about 1/2 between the mid and aft elevators. I haven't seen any bad reviews about it. The only bad reviews I've ever seen have to do with aft on the Fantasy, not the Wonder . Have you checked out the stateroom reviews on here for your cabin? I can't do forward because I get motion sickness. We also sailed on the Wonder several years ago and were in 2072, it was slightly aft of the mid-ship elevators and was great. I've always heard that the lower decks have less movement also, so I would think the forward in the Fantasy would be ok.

We are scheduled for cabin 2644 and there were only 2 reviews that were several years old. It's literally one of the very last cabins in the back of the ship!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter