• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Decision to make re: character breakfast

Lora

DIS Veteran
Both of my daughters are celebrating their birthdays at WDW this October. (Turning 7 and 5 - eight days apart.) I just got a PS for Cinderella's for my older daughter. My younger one wants the SAME breakfast. (Even though she knows she'll be at that one for her sister's birthday.) Besides the difficulty of actually getting Cindy's - of which she's aware- there's another family issue. Here's where I need help. I invited my Aunt, Uncle and cousin up for a couple days. My 5 yo's birthday is the day they're leaving. They are leaving around lunch time and do not plan to go into the parks that day (They'll have single-day tickets for 2 days prior.) Should I do Chef Mickey's or another "resort" character meal so they can join us, or go with my daughter's request and leave them on their own for the morning??? I don't want to disappoint my daughter, AND I don't want to be RUDE!! I really don't want to do 1900 Park Fare. We've done it twice and don't want to repeat it this time. Insights? Advice? Suggestions? Help! :)

Thanks!

Try to get the Epcot princess breakfast on a day that your relatives will be there. Tell your daughter that she'll be getting two days to celebrate her birthday instead of just one.

Your younger daughter may want the same breakfast as the older one because she doesn't know what to do. Has she been to Chef Mickey's before?

We were at Chef Mickey's when she was just going on 2. She had a great time interacting with the characters there. Chip really took a liking to her and kept coming back for hugs. She sees it on video now, but doesn't remember it.

I told her about the new princess breakfast, but she was really not interested. I told her that we may have to do that one if I can't get the Cinderella one. I may be able to switch the older one to the Epcot breakfast if I'm guaranteed another day at the castle.

Thanks for your suggestions.

If you were able to get PS's in the park for a character/Princess meal would your aunt/uncle be terribly disappointed????If they only purchased 2 1 day park passes they didn't expect to spend everyday of your vacation in the park with you.....If you can't get the in park ressies it is not an issue.

It seems that they probably wouldn't be too upset.....they know that you are there more days that there passes have them there for.... they can't expect you to not go into the park on days when they aren't able....

IMHO I would try an get the ressie for your daughter. Your aunt and uncle will understand if you explain it (or they should). It is your DD birthday and she should have the choice of where to celebrate it. But, of course, I have been accused of spoiling my 2 DDs. But I just know that the she may be really jealous if big sissy gets to go and she doesn't (unless you can't get ressies). I'm sure you'll make the right decision. You know your DDs better than anybody else. Have a great trip.

Could you try and "split it" between the two of them!! You could tell them you will try and book Cindy's for half way between their two birthdays as a special treat for both of them and let them know that on their actual birthday they can each choose something special to do or eat somewhere special,have a treat or something like that. You can spin it that way! Or just go ahead and do the two breakkies-your kids are only young once-I am sure your relatives will understand!
Grover
:)

The following is the humble opinion of a mom of a spoiled 3 year old daughter.... I'd try for the CRT reservation for your daughter. If you're fortunate enough to get the breakfast, then you can always leave the park afterwards to spend some more time with your relatives. I wouldn't worry about being rude...it's your daughter's birthday after all. If CRT falls through for breakfast, how would your daughter feel about a resort character breakfast and then lunch or dinner (possible fireworks viewing) at CRT?

Good luck in making your decision! :)

We were able to switch the reservation for my relatives to arrive a day later, leave a day later. This actually worked out better for their work schedule and allows them to be in the parks for my younger daughter's birthday. I'll try for cindy's - but have the other princess back-up still. And now, my older daughter has changed her mind and wants to have a different breakfast than her sister's, so if we get cindy's for the younger one, we'll switch to the Epcot breakfast for the older one. Crazy - but it seems to be working out now. Thanks!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter