Decision made....it was not an easy one

Mackey Mouse

Me read the Navigator? I don't
We have decided to be aggressive here and do the surgery removing that lymph node. We have an appt to see the surgeon late April and hopefully surgery in May sometime. I will let you all know the date so we can do a mammoth praying that day........I am a bit nervous here, but I feel this way.. we have had two scans, both scans show the C only there.. I think we have been given a chance and we should take it. We came to this decision as a family, myself, our 3 daughters and my DH... it was not one we came to lightly either, but as DH says, it is what it is..

Hugs all around.

Marsha,

Prayers and hugs to you! FWIW, I think you're doing the right thing and exactly what I would do. If you can see it, feel it, touch it, then get it out. I know you are scared! We are all pulling for your family.:grouphug:

I can not imagine the difficulty in any such decision...You all did what is right for your family..

God bless you all...What a community this is..Hugs right back..:grouphug:

Awaiting the date, so we can do the mammoth prayer...

Marsha...let us know the date for the surgery...

You will continue to be in my prayers.

The decision you have made, although difficult, if it is the best for you, then that is what matters. Whatever path you walk down is the one you are meant to be on.

Our thoughts and prayers are with you & your family.:grouphug:

Marsha....
I am full of awe and admiration...and prayers....for Tom and your whole family as you continue your resolve. You are doing so great. :grouphug:
I'llbe watching for the date too, but please know you are in our thoughts every single day!!

to try to bring a smile to you....here is Avery on the left, his sis Delaney, cousins Kael and Jonah ,and sis Kadie with chocolate on her mouth, at Easter. Avery is brave and strong like Tom :thumbsup2 Can you believe that little boy was literally at death's door in December???

41c5b355111d732a8c749b1.JPG

(sorry do not know how to make the pic smaller??)

OK, now that you have made this important decision, we will focus our hopes and prayers on this upcoming surgery. Peace to you, Marsha, Tom and family. :)

NHAnn, what a precious picture. I remember well how grave Avery's condition was around Christmas, yet look at him now! :goodvibes

Wow.. Ann.. that smiling face made me smile this morning.. I do remember how hard this illness treated him, and the treatments as well, but he looks so good there on Easter with his family..

I will keep all informed as to when the surgery will be... I probably will be staying in the city and not have computer access during that time, but I will call one of my friends here on the Dis and ask them to update you... in the meantime, we wait for the date....

We saw no other way, just stay on a chemo holiday and let the thing grow to the point that they would then radiate it.. it made no sense to us. Get it out of there.....and let us get on with living our lives. We also have our first grandchild coming, and he wants to be as well as he can for that.

Marsha - prayers for you and Tommy. I know the decision was not made lightly but if it what you all agreed on then it must be the right one. Just let us know the date and the prayers will be stepped up that day!
:grouphug:

I am happy to hear you have all agreed on the course of treatment together. Not easy to do I know...

The power of positive thinking is also tremendous. Attitude can go a long way in success and recovery. Hugs to you all...

I'm sure I would opt for the same thing. Ongoing prayers. :grouphug:

Ann, the kids look wonderful! :goodvibes:

I know it is a relief to have finally made a decision. Together was the right way to do it. :goodvibes Now we continue to pray. :grouphug:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter