• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Deciding on park days

blakefamily

Mouseketeer
We will be visiting the parks Wed/Thurs/Fri June 22,23,24. There is a Grad NIght Reunion after hours at DCS on the 23 :( We have park hoppers and originally planning on DL/DCA/DL. now wondering if we should change the days around ? If you were planning around this added party, what would you do ? Like I said we do have hoppers. And G+. 2 15yr old girls and 2 moms. thinking we may end up taking mid day pool breaks ? Any advice is appreciated

I think your park plan is fine. I would want to start my day where the party is happening so I am not in there for the mix-in time when it's going to get a bit crowded. But with park hoppers, it doesn't really matter, just depends on what you'd want to hit first and prioritize (if rope dropping).

I would do exactly as you planned. We always do 5 day parkhoppers (DL, DCA, DL, DCA, DL). The only day we stay completely in one park is the first day. To us, thats the point of park hoppers. We don't always hop back and forth often but we always do at least once a day. I would want to start in DCA on the grad reunion so I would hop out when it got later. I think DL will be crazy all day that day so it makes sense for me to still start at DCA.

I would do exactly as you planned. We always do 5 day parkhoppers (DL, DCA, DL, DCA, DL). The only day we stay completely in one park is the first day. To us, thats the point of park hoppers. We don't always hop back and forth often but we always do at least once a day. I would want to start in DCA on the grad reunion so I would hop out when it got later. I think DL will be crazy all day that day so it makes sense for me to still start at DCA.
Thank you :) The more I read, and knowing our travel group, I am trying to not have too many plans, which is weird as I am more used to WDW planning LOL Hoping G+ helps us minimize some wait times and allow for a more relaxed approach :)

I think your park plan is fine. I would want to start my day where the party is happening so I am not in there for the mix-in time when it's going to get a bit crowded. But with park hoppers, it doesn't really matter, just depends on what you'd want to hit first and prioritize (if rope dropping).
Not yet sure if we are going to try to rope drop or not. Some of our travel group may be hard to get going very early LOL We are staying in the Harbor/Katella area, and have all agreed on potential mid day breaks for pool/relax. Or atleast being open to the idea and not trying to do open to close. We definitely want to see avengers campus as we haven't seen it before. We have seen galaxy's edge at WDW, but have not done ROTR yet. Interested in it , but not in paying to ride. :)

Two of my park days are also one of the Grad Night Reunion Parties. I have 1 park per day tickets and I had already booked my park reservations before the announcement.

One of the Grad Night Reunion Parties is on one of my Disneyland Main Park days. I am now expecting that day to have higher crowds than I originally thought. I have pre booked Genie+ and I have a table service restaurant booked for the afternoon. My original plan of open to close, with Fantasmic dining package if I can get a reservation still stands but I will be a bit more aware of wait times, and booking Lightning Lanes.

Another of the Grad Night Reunion Parties is on one of my DCA park days. I had already planned to rope drop this day and not stay until close. I had decided not to do any of the WOC dining packages as on that day I wanted to leave in in the evening to get a good night sleep before rope dropping Disneyland Main park on my last day. Again I have Genie+ prebooked for this day and I will be a bit more aware of wait times, and booking Lightning Lanes.. I have also got a reservation for one of the Downtown Disney restaurants in the evening, as I'm expecting Downtown Disney to be busy from around 6pm as general public leave the parks and the Grad Night Reunion crowds start to build.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter