• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Decided last night- 11 days til Disney!

meagarunt22

Obsessed
I stay home with the kids and homeschool...even before the pandemic. We live in WA and have only been going out for groceries. I'm a bit restless. I randomly price Disney vacations, despite everything missing from the experience at the moment, and wave it in front of my husband saying..."You can have the house to yourself while we go for THIS price!" He's definitely nervous about COVID. We had it in August, and it sucked, but it wasn't major for us. His dad has it right now. He has been in the hospital many days and it has been touch and go. I understand his fear. I'm more relaxed about it while he isn't. I respect his feelings and don't push it too much when I talk about my Disney woes and how I hate how this company has somehow created an addiction in me even though I dislike so much about them. Another conversation though...

Dreams Unlimited posted a podcast where a couple of agents visited during the pandemic and one was very nervous about catching something. I made the hubs listen to it and he said...ok you can go. So thanks to the reassurances of Tracy Heinrich (spelling?), I get to take me kiddos if I promise to carry ALL the hand sanitizer with me. FEB 1-12. Staying at Pop Century, which is my favorite and we haven't been since the room remodel or the Skyliner (YAY).

I got park hoppers (1st time doing that) to escape HS when it gets too busy, and just finished making park reservations. I gotta say...I'm liking this new planning process. I always LOVED spending hours planning our trips and getting up early to make Fast Pass reservations and dining reservations. In that world, I would never have decided to take a trip this close to the date. I would've panicked about not getting dining and fast passes. I'm stoked to just get to meander with the kiddos and enjoy the little things. My kids are 4, 6, and 10. If anyone is interested, I will post about crowd levels and the experience. Now...to go load up on all the vitamins and hand sanitizer...

Awesome! Have fun. If you haven't yet, be sure to check out the here now just back thread. Lots of recent trip reports and little nuggets of info.

https://www.disboards.com/threads/h...ences-including-park-hopping.3807247/page-329
We went 2 weeks ago for a full week. It's really a lot of fun, especially during the week, right now anyway, as wait times are really low throughout most of the day. We did not park hop, but did try to take breaks or spend less time in the parks than a full day. We also did lots of ADRs including a few characters. Each one was different but fun.

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter