Decent inexpensive motels near Kennedy Space Center?

Baseballmom40

Earning My Ears
I need to get a reasonably priced room for my parents near Kennedy Space Center on February 5 and 6. Does anyone know anything about the motels in Titusville and Cocoa Beach? I'm debating whether or not to do Priceline for this area since there is very limited info on Biddingfortravel.com. The only motels that have posted are Ramada Inn in Titusville and Double Tree and Hilton in Cocoa Beach. How are these motels? Does anyone know about any other motels in the area - roomsavers.com has coupons for the following in Cocoa Beach: Luna Sea, Howard Johnson Express Inn, Ramada Inn Kennedy Space Center, Best Western, Holiday Inn, Comfort Inn and Suites, Radisson Resort at the Port, Oceanside Inn. Thanks for any input.

I don't have any advice for you but I do have a story. When I was on my honemoon in Florida 17 years ago we went to see the space shuttle on the way to disney. We didn't have advance reservations and everything was full.....except an efficiency type motel. It was gross. We slept on top of the beds fully clothed and then checked out asap. It still gives me the creeps. Anyhow the shuttle was postponed until the next day, so we went to disney and we could see the shuttle from epcot!!!! Anyway I learned to always plan everything from that point on!!! I always make sure we have a reservations at a newer hotel etc and then I can always cancel by 4 if i don't need it!

We've stayed in this area twice before our Disney cruises last year & year before, so I can recommend 2 hotels. Both are good, but my favorite was Radisson Resort @ the Port; it was beautiful! We had a fabulous suite w/jacuzzi (they have standard rooms too) for $119/nite AAA rate. Nice, tropical theme pool & good restaurant, too. Also, close enough to see the magnificient Disney ships when they're in port - they're quite a site!

We also stayed in Cocoa Beach @ Hampton Inn; it was nice, oceanside, but not oceanfront (behind a condo bldg) w/path to beautiful beach. Pool was o.k. Standard room, I think around $80-90/nite and free continental breakfast but no full-service restaurant.

Hope you have a great vacation! :)

I can't recommend a hotel, but I can suggest avoiding the Holiday Inn in Coco Beach. It was a real dump when we stayed there many years ago, and alas, many posts here have indicated that it still is.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter