December

Swilcox

Mouseketeer
What are the first and second weeks in December like? How are crowds and the weather? Do you think this would be a good time for a couple of first timers? It an all adult trip.

I love December. Weather can very though. My last trip I spent most of the time in a light hoddie but it could be hotter or colder. You just have to pack for all scenarios

Crowd wise it's normally fairly light but every year it gets a bit busier. With proper planning and fastpass selection I've never waited in a line over 20 minutes.

I think it's a perfect time for first time guests. The castle lit up at night is beautiful. I'd also recommend hitting the MK on party days. Even if you don't attend the party the low hours scare away a lot of the crowds. Generally you can get more done then on a day with extended hours.

I like this time period in December. The weather is not predictable, so pack with clothing that you can layer. I have been when you can swim and when I needed to buy a hat.

I agree that if you hot the MK on a Party day, you will get a lot done. The downside to that is if you want to enjoy the evening entertainment, you will be in a very crowded park because the nights that offer it due to the frequent parties are few.

I love December and have another trip planned from the 10 to the 18th. It is lovely, IMO!!!

We go every December and I think it's one of the best times to go. The Christmas atmosphere is great. It'll be fairly busy and like others have said, you'll have to wait until it's closer to see about the weather. More than likely it'll be pretty warm still. Days in the upper 70's-mid 80's. Not too much humidity..definitely still shirt and shorts weather. But there's a slight chance it very well could drop and be cold

If you go, be sure to visit the resorts like GF and WL to see the fantastic Christmas displays!

We've enjoyed many adult only early December trips. We did our first visit in early December. Lower crowd levels. Christmas decorations. It is a wonderful time to visit.

I will reinforce the unpredictability and variability of the weather. We've experienced quite a number of cold December days over the years. Have long pants and hoodies ready just in case. Especially if you are planning to be waiting at rope drop. It can be quite chilly in the morning. Or while standing around waiting for Wishes or Illuminations.

We usually go right after Thanksgiving into December. The decorations are up, MVMCP is available, and it's not so crowded. You do have to watch the weather. I don't mind cold, because I like to wear my Christmas sweaters, but we had a bit of rain last visit. Good for crowd control, lol, not so good for Wishes. Tink didn't fly, and we were so so disappointed because we had gotten the Dessert party so she would fly overhead. Other than that, it was a great time!
ETA: Yes yes on the Christmas Decorations at the resorts! We went to many of them, and I especially loved the AK, WL and GF!

Pop warner is usually the first week. We go later in the second week and crowds are relatively low and the parks are beautiful.

We just went Dec 4-13. It was a great time to visit for us. I would say it got busier as the week went on (Pop Warner was on) and Saturday Dec 12 was busy at MK (bug it was a Saturday at MK). We went to a MVMCP one night and it was awesome - would totally do it again. We loved the decorations. Our weather was beautiful, but it definately cooled off in the evening. We wore shorts everyday except for one. We swam in the afternoons & early evening when we were at our condo.

We've been in Sept & March and while it was busier than Sept, it was less busy than our visit in March.

We were there Dec. 13-20, 2015 and it was in the 80's. I was surprised how moderate the crowds were. Decorations are wonderful. Enjoy!

Even though our anniversary is n June; we're holding off till the end of Nov because of the weather and Christmas decorations. Can't wait for our two grandchildren to see it.

We usually go right after Thanksgiving into December. The decorations are up, MVMCP is available, and it's not so crowded. You do have to watch the weather. I don't mind cold, because I like to wear my Christmas sweaters, but we had a bit of rain last visit. Good for crowd control, lol, not so good for Wishes. Tink didn't fly, and we were so so disappointed because we had gotten the Dessert party so she would fly overhead. Other than that, it was a great time!
ETA: Yes yes on the Christmas Decorations at the resorts! We went to many of them, and I especially loved the AK, WL and GF!
This is exactly when we're going. Super excited about the timing; weather, lower crowds and Christmas decorations up!!! We all went ( 10 of us) October of 2014 and it was still very hot & humid. Everyone is excited about cooler weather this trip

Two of our three trips were the first week of December (in 2012 and 2015)--Definitely my favorite time to go! Crowds were quite good (except for Saturday), weather was lovely (but it got very cold one day). Christmas decorations are festive and add to the excitement. I think the first two weeks are better bets than the week before Christmas.

This is exactly when we're going. Super excited about the timing; weather, lower crowds and Christmas decorations up!!! We all went ( 10 of us) October of 2014 and it was still very hot & humid. Everyone is excited about cooler weather this trip
You'll have a great time!

Pop warner is usually the first week. We go later in the second week and crowds are relatively low and the parks are beautiful.

Numbers wise, is Pop Warner really that bad? We've always heard that if you aren't staying where they're staying, they're really not that noticeable.

Reactions: TAK
Numbers wise, is Pop Warner really that bad? We've always heard that if you aren't staying where they're staying, they're really not that noticeable.
I have heard it can be quite bad. We were there one time during a cheerleading competition and the kids were quite good. We usually arrive right after pop warner finishes.

I was staying at CSR. The kids were noticeable but well behaved and thoughtful
We're staying at CSR 11/26-12/10. I thought they stayed at the values and POR. :eek: My DH and DS like to grab breakfasts at the food court around 7 so we can catch the bus for RD. Are the food courts going to be impossible to manage to make it on time? How does this impact the pools as my DSis (Their first trip so I want it to be nice :wizard:)has a toddler and preschooler and won't want them trampled. I don't think we can switch as POR and FQ are blocked for FD and CBR doesn't show any availability. How many are at CSR? Will it be as bad as the values?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter