December trip report part 5

diberry

DIS Veteran
Thursday 16th December

We took our cases to the left-luggage lockers at the station before taking a Main Street vehicle up to the castle to go to the Chalet de la Marionnette for breakfast. We queued to meet Mickey in his sleigh at Casey’s Corner (strange time for Rhiannon to take a nap!!!)
66281D_R_Mickey-med.JPG

before going across to Discoveryland to watch “Honey, I Shrunk the Audience” - Rhiannon’s mice were working well and she really screeched!!
We took the railroad all the way round the park and then on to Main street station. When we got off it had started raining – the first time while we’d been there. We watched the carollers in Town Square and met Chip and Dale
66281481-med.JPG

– I don’t look even slightly cold, do I???????? - the White Rabbit and Mickey again!!
Last hot drinks in the Cable Car Bakeshop, last go on Small World and Pirates, where we went round twice. Then fish and chips in the Toadhall Restaurant and our last go on Big Thunder Mountain. We watched all the lights come on at the end of the Enchanted Fairytale ceremony and then it was time to go and catch our train.
So another Disney trip over, but I’m sure we’ll be back before too long!!

Thanks for sharing your photographs and trip report. When we next visit I'll need to find out how to include photographs in a post.

Reid

Cyrano said:
I'll need to find out how to include photographs in a post.

It's very simple. You have to upload the somewhere on the web. In a place that allows links, for instance at

http://www.imagestation.com

then you select your photo, right click on it and a window will appear.
Select Property and you will see the address where the picture is stored.

Copy the address on the post like that

DGH

Thanks. I'll try a test post with photograph in technical forum.

Reid

These are the instructions I wrote for myself knowing I'll have forgotten again by the next time I try to do it!!

To add photos to a message board you have to put it on the Internet.
You need to find a web hosting service eg: http://photobucket.com or the DISboard gallery –go to “pictures/video” at the top of the DISboard page and when it takes you to the main board it says: “add your own Disney pictures here”, then just follow the instructions to upload them from your computer etc. This will give your pictures their own individual URLs.
When your photos have a URL:
1. get the photo to the size you want by double left-clicking on it to make it big
2. rightclick on the photo you want to use
3. properties
4. rightclick on URL address
5. select all
6. rightclick again
7. copy
8. go back to the text where you want to put the photo
9. type:
with no spaces

Problems: http://disboards.com/showthread.php?threadid=2770
Test site: http://disboards.com/forumdisplay.php?s=&forumid=88

It just occurred to me to add that, if you try to upload a bitmap image it usually doesn't work so you need to go to "file" and "save as" and change it to "jpeg".

Thanks, for the trip reports, diberry, I have really enjoyed reading them. We are planning on going at Christmas this year and it is lovely to see all your photos. I am so glad that you and Rhiannon had such a great time.

Elaine

What a lovely message Elaine - thank you for taking the time to write and for your comments on the other pages too - I know you'll have a wonderful time next Christmas too - but do wrap up warm!!! Long Johns are on our list!!! :teeth:

Yes thanks for your messages Elaine! Christmas is great in the parks but REALLY REALLY cold - as in thermals, 2 or 3 jumpers, warm coat, gloves, hat, scarf, long socks (or a couple of pairs!) and you'll probably still be cold! Of course it's worth it but it's really unpleasant being cold when you're outside all day so make sure you take lots of layers - it'd cost a fortune to buy warm clothes in the park! You'll have a GREAT time though!

Rhiannon :wizard:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter