• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

December trip planning

ChrissyLou

Sufferin' Sassafras!
Haven't been to the parks since 2018, obviously pre-reservation system. With Disney releasing their entertainment schedule about 6 weeks out I am wondering how others plan? With purchasing airfare, hotel, tickets, etc., it's a bit difficult to specify what day you want to enjoy what park (if you're not hopping) without knowing the park schedules. Or is it easier than I think it is to make a change to your reservation (assuming there is space)? Besides the constant nickel and diming the fact that entertainment schedules aren't released earlier is such an annoyance.

We park hop so we aren’t tied to the entertainment schedule. I just know me and I would get FOMO really bad if I couldn’t see some nighttime entertainment because I didn’t have a park reservation.

We also park hop. With unexpected early closures that can come up I feel like buying park hoppers is my insurance. If you can swing it get the hoppers. Otherwise six weeks out seems like you should be able to change your reservations. Others may have more information on that subject though.

I just wish they'd say if they were having parties or not! I'll definitely change my starting park if a party affects my day.

This is one of the reasons I got park hoppers for Dec. I was so nervous about waiting to make reservations for a big return trip. News and details are slow to come, and no one really knows when we'll know anything! Plus I wanted more flexibility with dining reservations - any restaurant, any day, which means slightly less panicky 60-days-out master-planning needed (well not breakfast/early lunch but you know what i mean).

Anyway - totally unhelpful that we're all saying to park hop if you don't have that add-on. I wish I had better advice. This is the first time I have bought hoppers, so I feel your pain.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter