December St. Thomas excursions with 7 yr old boy

Happy100

DIS Veteran
Any suggestions for a great St. Thomas excursion in December with a 7 year old boy. :confused3

We enjoyed Coral World and Coki Beach, you can easily catch a cab and get there and back on your own. Just be warned traffic can be awful and many suggest heading back to port 2 hrs before the official on board time.

We enjoyed Coral World and Coki Beach, you can easily catch a cab and get there and back on your own. Just be warned traffic can be awful and many suggest heading back to port 2 hrs before the official on board time.

how far is it to coral world or coki beach. is coral world like an aquarium?

Last year at Christmas we did the snorkeling with sea turtles. We did the DCL excursion because I also heard the concerns on getting back to the ship on time. My DDs loved the trip and talk about it often. Warning...the water was a little cool. It was warmer than St Martin, but still cool. It did not take too long to get used to once you jumped in from the side of the boat. BTW...the water at CC was unbearable at that time of year. We barely got our feet wet. It was just a good day to enjoy the beach chairs. :) Have fun!

how far is it to coral world or coki beach. is coral world like an aquarium?

It isn't that far, but traffic is awful so it was about a 20 minute ride from port. Coral world had several animal areas, some aquariums, a spot where you walked in a building under the water to see sharks (that was really popular with my two!), some opportunities for animal meet and greets (we met walruses iirc)...and probably a few other things I'm forgetting since it was three trips ago now lol! We also loved feeding the lorikeets and DS1 loved the iguanas that were roaming around outside.
Here's the website http://coralworldvi.com/
Coki beach is a small beach adjacent to Coral world. You can easily walk between the two locations. People were snorkeling in the shallow water, but we waded out into the water and the fish were swimming around our legs.

If he would like speed boats, the Screaming Eagle Jet boat looked fun. My niece (14 y/o) did the teen only ride and loved it. We happened to see them in the port area and my 4 y/o DD commented how she wished she could have done it. We will be doing the family ride next year if still offered.

Last year at Christmas we did the snorkeling with sea turtles. We did the DCL excursion because I also heard the concerns on getting back to the ship on time. My DDs loved the trip and talk about it often. Warning...the water was a little cool. It was warmer than St Martin, but still cool. It did not take too long to get used to once you jumped in from the side of the boat. BTW...the water at CC was unbearable at that time of year. We barely got our feet wet. It was just a good day to enjoy the beach chairs. :) Have fun!

Snorkeling with sea turtles sounds great!!! We all would love that.
Also thanks for the heads up on water temps.:thumbsup2

My sister did this excursion with her 8 year old and 5 year old. The 5 year old said he loved it, but my sister said he spent next to no time in the water.

The 8 year old, however, LOVED it. My sister and her husband also loved it. They couldn't say enough good things about it.

We cruied on the Fantasy in May...also our First Disney Cruise. We booked (ourselves through their website) Coral World Sea Lion Swim. We have a 7 year old boy and a 10 year old boy. We LOVED the Sea Lion Swim and Coral World. It's very beautiful there. The staff is very friendly. It was the best shore excursion we did on the whole trip! Google Coral World St. Thomas and you will find their website. They have lots of information and a great little video. I was worried about going site unseen, but I am SO happy we took the risk. We took a cab there and had a very nice cab driver. We did not have any problem making it to the ship on time. We left the ship just a little after docking, headed to Coral World, had time to explore and then did our swim at 11am. We left to go back to the ship right after. Good Luck and enjoy what ever you may choose to do! St. Thomas is a beautiful island, can't wait to go back!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter