December pool weather??

ErinsMommy

She believed she could, so she did
I know year to year/day to day/hour by hour makes a difference in temperature, but historically are the resort pools busy around Christmas time in December? And yes, I realize the pools are also heated, but that doesn't help when you have to get out of the pool. :)

Florida weather can be really unpredictable. It's possible it could be really cold in like the 40s or it could be in the 80s. I would check the weather right before you leave for the most accurate.

I think it just depends on what you are coming from as far as temperature tolerance and age. My kids can swim in a heated pool in polar bear temps, me...not so much. The weather in December hopefully will still be relatively warm. With that said, I don't swim in FL between November-March, I am a wimp!! Too cold for me.

Florida weather can be really unpredictable. It's possible it could be really cold in like the 40s or it could be in the 80s. I would check the weather right before you leave for the most accurate.
I must just be really unlucky because twice in the last 17 years I've been in Dec./early Jan and had sub 32F temp.s for a couple of days :) The good news is that as a result of the weather and my failure to correctly pack I have the cutest Mickey gloves, heavy sweatshirt and knit hat acquired @ the Disney store in DTD!
I've also had 80F trips - there's just no predicting the Dec. weather in Orlando IME.

If you were there and saw a family swimming when it was in the 40s it may have been us.

When we went in November 2015 the weather was incredibly beautiful in Florida, what we flew out of from NJ was another story. I seriously need to stop flying in either hurricane or winter months.

We went in Dec 2015 and got in the pool. Weather in FL that time of the year gets very well strange. Today we were in the low 70's in a few days we will be back in the 80's.

During the day, you should be just fine. Night time might be a different story, but, as you said, the pools are heated so go for it! Keep your towels close to the exit of the pool and get ready to speed walk back to your room lol

We've been to WDW the past two Decembers (Christmas week 2015 and the week before Christmas 2016) and the weather has been gorgeous. Mid-70's every day and not a drop of rain. Perfect swimming weather. Obviously, that can change year to year, but we've been almost every month of the year, at this point, and mid-December has had the best weather for us so far.

We pretty much swim whenever we are there.

We've been in the pool in Jan, Sept, Nov and Dec.

Other than in Sept, the pools haven't been busy.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter