December / January Trip Report without a "Catchy" title. Completed.

Jimmy Mouse

My other car is the Monorail
I love reflecting back on a trip and this last trip had so many good moments, I have to share it all. Until the very end, this trip was as close to perfect as anyone would want. Now there were a few hiccups which I will get to in due time but overall, Great Trip!

Day1. December 28th.
No one could sleep which is pretty normal but my wife stayed up late and packed her and the girls bags. I can pack my bag in 30 minutes. I get out of bed around 5:30am, quick shower then start packing while making sure I make plenty of noise so everyone else will wake up lol. We load up and take off, leaving our home in GA around 7:15am. After the normal pit stops, we arrive at Poly around 3:30 and went straight to the room as we got our room ready text around 2:00. I haven't stayed here since I was little so I don't remember anything about it. Our studio was nice but what I loved about it was 2 showers and sinks! having the toilet in a separate room than the main shower works out so well when your the only guy vacationing with 3 girls. Anyway, we dropped our bags, did a quick freshen up and off we go to EPCOT for dinner at Le Cellier. And I don't know why I'm, upside down lol.
637763 637764
The filet is always good! And not blurry in person :)

After dinner, We took in the new points of light on Spaceship Earth. AMAZING! We must have stood there for 45 minutes.

After a few rides we headed back to our room. It was a long day.

To be continued:

Day 2. December 29th. Part 1.
We had a really really good night sleep. I always wake up first but we slept in. I was still up first so I was able to shower and get ready without getting in the way. After I was done I made sure I turned the TV and all the lights on lol. Everyone was ready to go eat so we monorail to Contemporary and had lunch at Steakhouse 71. My youngest turned 8 on the 27th so she got her a 50th cupcake. Big sis was a little jealous but she got her own.

We finished up and headed over to MK. Easy walk and easier security. We were in the park by 1:30, the girls and mommy wanted to go in every single store lol. Finally at the end of Main Street and it was not as crowded as I expected it to be.

We went to Tomorrowland first but always cut through the terrace so they can get their yearly pic.

First ride, COP. Walk on with maybe 10 people in with us. Next was TTA People Mover but nope, it's 60 minute wait so we headed to Teacups, Pooh, looked at the line for 7DMT and it was Loooong! Walked around towards Story Book Circus, no one wanted Dumbo or Goofy so Aerial? Nope! 60 minutes! forget it. Lets go to Gastons!

We walk past 7DMT again, nope! Let's go to HM! Maybe 30min wait? Nope! 70 minutes. We didn't even go to Frontier Land. Too chilly for Splash and BTMRR was down. 7DMT? sure, let's go! I can't remember wait time but around 60 minutes. By now it's getting later and I was able to snag a CRT reservation 3 days before we arrived but still had 4 hours to kill so TTA People Mover? Yes!!! 30 minute wait. Still more time? Buzz? let's go! 30 minute wait if that.

Time for a family pic before dinner? yes please!
We then walked around a few more stores, my wife is on a mission for a certain 50th shirt and no one has it. So shopping done, again lol.
Dinner yet? A few more pics.

Finally dinner time!

I couldn't make my mind up. Filet or Scallops. Our server said how about both? I was like what? He said sure thing. You can get seconds, extra anything. It's Prix Fixe. Honestly I had no idea!

Continued ...

Last edited:
Day 2. December 29th, part 2.

What's the best thing after dinner? Dessert of course!

Full bellies for all, now to see how good the resort guest extra hours is. Will it be crowded? Nope! not really! We headed straight to HM and it was a walk on. Rode 7DMT, Pooh, Speedway, Astro Orbiter then the wife and littlest one wanted to go back to the room so me and DD10 stayed and rode Space Mountain 2 times, People Mover again, Buzz and by 12:30 it was a ghost town.

To wrap up this day, I will give it a solid 8 out of 10. Lines were somewhat long but the park didn't "Feel" overly crowded. Cast members were crazy nice and masking was really good with a few nose seekers but in all honestly, I don't care if others are pushing the rule. Gastons cinnamon roll was great and dinner was exceptional! After a long day, we were ready for our comfy beds. We headed back and crashed.

To be continued:

Last edited:
Day 3. December 30th.

OMG! What a good night sleep! I don't know if the beds at Poly are better than the ones at Riviera but they sure are comfy! So I'm up before everyone and completely shave, shower, etc. and no one wanted to get up lol. I reminded then that we were checking out and had breakfast at 11:00 and my girls flew out of bed. Kendall took her shower the night before so just Hollis (DD10) and the wife (Ashley) had to shower. I packed the Yukon while they got ready and off to Ohana for breakfast! It was all of our first time ever eating Ohana and it was really good! I forgot to take my usual 100 pictures but did at least snap one.

Full bellies for all so we say our goodbye to WDW and off the Lego Land we go! Funny thing is it's less than 40 miles from WDW but our navigation took us down i4 which was a cluster. It ended up taking us about 90 minutes to get there. When we arrived my wife was like "OMG, It's packed!" and the parking lot was almost completely full! I told her not to worry as our package included the Fast Lane passes so it would be alright. We pull up to checkin at Legoland Hotel and it was crazy busy! But just like last time, the bell services came right out, helped with bags and stayed with the family while I tried to park. Yes, Tried to park. All resort spaces were full so I drove back up and the super nice Model Citizen told me no worries, they would valet us for free. No complaints from us! So room was ready and up we go! The girls immediately figure out the puzzle to open the safe so they could retrieve their welcome lego sets and start doing them. I unpack the necessities while the wife does the same. About an hour passes so we head down to the lobby / bar area to relax. Right! It's so crazy loud with all the kids screaming, thank God they have plenty of beer!

We have a few beers, let the kids play and finally order a few appitizers to eat. It amazes me how good the food is at Legoland.

I had to use the restroom so I head to the room as I would rather use the bathroom in our room than the one in the restaurant / bar / play area lol. Plus it gives me a chance to snap a few pics.

Mommy and Daddies King size bed.

Kids own bunk beds with separate TV.

Not too bad a view huh?

I head back down and now the girls are hungry. They order chips and salsa and chicken fingers then then next thing I know, our server comes out with ice cream for Kendall's Birthday. I had forgot I told them we were celebrating it at check in.

The staff is always great here and it's Kendall's favorite place.

Okay, Hoppers finishes up his beer because it's time to get to the room so we can all take showers and for a good nights sleep. Park day tomorrow and you really need to get up early since breakfast is included at the hotel and the park is only open from 10 - 5. They all fell asleep while I watched Twilight Zone till about 1:00am. It was the New Years marathon on Sci-Fi which I never miss lol.

Next up, Day one in Legoland Park.

Day 4. Dec 31st. Part 1

Up and out the door ...... late! Breakfast is over at 10:30 and we got downstairs at 10:50. They still fed us! The server said "Come on, there are still people eating". No pics of breakfast, just thankful they still let us eat. So out the front door of the hotel and it's only about 50 yards to the entrance of the park. This is the outside view of the hotel.

We had to wait about 15 minutes at guest services to get our Fast Track bands then off to ride! FIrst ride, the scary safari!

After that adventure we just basically toured the park at a slow pace, letting our girls take their time and ride what they wanted. We ended up in the Ninjago park. The ride is sorta like Toy Story Midway Mania but you wave your hand over a sensor like you're doing karate moves to throw your weapons.

"Daddy, can we ride the Technic bikes"? Crap. LOL. You have to pedal these to make them fly.

So now I am slap wore out but hey, kids are happy!

Continued:

Day 4, Dec 31st part 2.

Pictures and more pictures.

As you can imagine, the have the best lego stores around. Both girls ended up getting new Lego sets.

We spent a lot of time in the park but had a late start due to sleeping late but overall, great day. 2 rides I didn't take pics of that are really cool are dragon and the movie ride. Dragon is a rollercoaster that starts off slow with a indoor dark ride, all Legos of course. Movie ride is just like Soarin' and actually really fun.

Back to the Hotel for dinner! And man is it so good! It's family style like The Diamond Horseshoe used to be with all the BBQ and smoked meats. Really really good!

They had a firework show down at the lake for New Years Eve but everyone was tired so we hit the sack. Everyone was out way before midnight.

To be continued.

Last edited:
Day 5. Jan 1st. Part 1

Today we did get up early and had the included breakfast at the Pirate hotel which is connected to the Legoland hotel. It's all family style but I didn't take pics. So out the door, 5 minutes and were in the park!

First ride, the Disco kitty Drop Tower.

We make our way to Kingdoms and they ride Dragon again and the lego train which is like the fair ride, Himalayan.

Safari again lol.

They then rode the wooden coaster twice back to back. I rode with them the day before, it killed my knees since I'm not as small as a child so I sat this one out.

Now this is a cool ride. You stand up and when you turn the wheel the boat swings out. It goes at a pretty good speed!

We rode this ride, can't remember the name but you're in an Egyptian tomb and you shoot targets like Buzz. Pretty fun but the kids beat me the 3 times we rode it.

This ride is the Battle of Bricksburg. The kids are in the boat with water cannons, we are on the side with our own water cannons. They got soaked!

Continued:

Last edited:
Day 5. Jan 1st. Part 2.

I didn't take pics of this ride on our first day but here it is. Mia's Riding Adventure. You sit on the horse and it spins as it goes back and forth higher and higher then rotates the opposite direction till is slows back down. It will take your stomach for sure! Very fun ride.

2 story Carousel, pretty neat.

We did make it to the back of the park and did Rescue Academy. Your whole family gets in a fire truck, you pump these big levers to make it roll then jump out and pump water to put out the fire in a window of a building. Them back in the truck and pump to go back. It was hard! I was out of breath lol.
Stock Photo as I couldn't take it as we were own it lol
Then off for Flying School. It's a hanging coaster which is pretty fast. Girls love it
This is a stock photo.

And this is the Great Lego Race. This mouse like coaster is actually really fast. Supposed to be VR but with Covid, no goggles. Still crazy fun. Stock photo also.

Kids decide it's pool time since it's our last day here so off we go to the pool and my 10 yo built a lego raft. It broke as soon as she got on it lol.

So back to the room, showers for all then dinner at Skyline lounge again.

Loaded potato wedges are so good!

Brick Burger. Tasty.

We head to the room all happy for a good night sleep. Tomorrow we are headed to Universal!

To be continued.

Last edited:
Oh wow. We’ve never been but legoland looks really fun! From the room to the food yo the rides. Your family seems to be having an amazing time. I believe I read your last report where it wasn’t the absolute greatest trip. I’m glad this one is going much better.

Oh wow. We’ve never been but legoland looks really fun! From the room to the food yo the rides. Your family seems to be having an amazing time. I believe I read your last report where it wasn’t the absolute greatest trip. I’m glad this one is going much better.
Legoland is fun for sure. It's geared for kids under 13. And you are correct. My last trip we had so many problems but this one was so much better! Only one problem on the day we left. You have to wait till the end lol.

Day 6. Jan 2nd.

We all slept a little later than we wanted to but still packed and out the door by 11:00. Bye Legoland! Universal here we come!
The drive totally sucked going down i4 so we arrived at Universal Portofino Bay. Resort around 1:00. Check-in was smooth, bell services loaded ur bags and Valet took our vehicle. Once inside, the still had Christmas decorations up!

A quick trip to the room and off to Lunch at The Cow Fish.

After lunch, water taxi back to the resort to upgrade our season passes to the preferred pass, that only took about 15 min and was only $100 per pass. It was a great deal considering I got 4 15 month passes last year for free as a promotion! We explored the resort then headed to the pool.

Me and the wife had some drinks and around 8:00 ordered some apps. It was like ringing the dinner bell lol.

We headed back to the room shortly after. Showers for all and I got to unpack. I'm the only one that likes to put all my clothes in the drawers. My wife and kids live out of the suitcase.

Tomorrow, First park day!

Reactions: DLo

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter