December Dates

Glynis

<font color=indigo>Taking applications for a WDW t
My family and I are 17 days away from our DL vacation and are so excited! :banana: :banana: My DH has never been one to enjoy the time at DL (I know, he's crazy), but something must have changed. He came home from work and asked me what I thought about upgrading our hoppers to AP's and taking the kids back in December. Well, you don't have to ask me twice! :teeth: So, here's my question, our school district gives us December 21 thru Jan 2 off for winter break. Would it be better to go the few days before Christmas or come after. What are crowds typically like then? What will the weather be like then?

Thanks for any help!!! I'm so excited! I've always wanted to see DL at Christmas time.

The Deluxe AP has black-out days, and I believe they include all days between 12/24-12/31. The Premium AP, without any black-out days is considerably more expensive. You might want to check out the Disneyland.com website regarding APs before you make your decision.

I think you'll find all the days between 12/21 and 12/31 very crowded, but also very fun. I've never gone between Christmas and New Years, but have often gone the week before. It seems everyday approaching Christmas gets more and more crowded.

Does anyone know what the school schedule is like in California in the days leading up to Christmas? When do they get their winter break? I checked the Disney website, and found that I could go with an AP from the 20-23. What are your suggestions?

TIA

Our schools, and many in this area (SF Bay area) get out on or around the 16th. My DS and I have plane and GCH reservations for that day. We did exactly what you are considering - - upgraded to APs after our trip earlier this month.

The DL web site shows very long hours for the week before Christmas (DL 8-Midnight), so that implies to me that most California schools will be likely be off. If you really hate crowds, this is not a great time to go. But Christmas is so lovely!

The last day of school before winter break for S CA schools is Dec 16.

iceskatejen said:
The last day of school before winter break for S CA schools is Dec 16.

Thanks for the information. I would still like to bring our kids down to see the holiday decorations and feel that atmosphere. Do you think it would be unbearably crowded if we came Dec. 21-23?

Before Christmas is pretty crowded, but after is worse, so I'd go before rather than after. I guess it depends on your definition of unbearible crowded. I find that if I walk in knowing it's going to be crowded, it doesn't bother me so much as opposed to when I'm not expecting it to be crowded and it is.

Well we will be there :)
going to be at the park the 20 22 and 23rd ;)
hanging out at DTD drooling on the 19th ;) and last minute shopping and a character breakfast on the 24th :)

Lots of happy faces hehe :earsgirl:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter