December 2023 Rental Car Thread

Make sure to check your booking. Our compact SUV on costco is down in price by $90 this morning.

Thanks for sharing. Was able to get my reservation down $30 and also was able to book a large truck for cheaper then the SUV. Lets hope it keeps going down.

Via Car rental savers was able to log into my hertz account and switch existing res from mid size to small suv.

Noticed they also had this $200 less
9AC0E74A-72F7-448D-A5FF-9B456865AFB0.jpeg

Wonder what the chances are they’d assign an electric vehicle?

That reservation (along with my existing one in place) does indicate gold canopy service via linking my hertz account

No idea if I can just walk out to aisle or if they will assign a specific car. Thinking the latter in this case

semi/Awaiting an email to cancel one or the other

I wish mine would! LOL
Same!
Mine hasn't budged at all. Way higher than I'd like to pay lol. Mine's the week before Christmas though for 5 days, returning on Christmas day. I know it's a busy time, but the next week should be busier. So, hoping it'll drop in the next couple of weeks!

Full size car dropped below $400 for the first time. I am going Nov 29th to Dec 8th. Full size car with Budget is $366 through Costco Travel. I really want a SUV or Truck since I don't like to be low to the ground. Hoping they go down now also.

I also reserved a full size car from Budget via Costco for $318 for my 6 days in December. There was a mid size car for $305. I still prefer Alamo since you can sometimes find a larger vehicle parked in your size class.

My Dec dates are $571 for 6 days through Costco. Not budging at all.

It's really 5 days but since we have a night flight, I forgot we're paying the extra day so we aren't stranded at the airport 9 hours early. This is the highest we've ever paid, even more than during the shortage a couple of years back

Maybe today I'll get lucky for a price drop! :-)

Has anyone used the Disney Car Care Center for a rental car? We just need it for 1 day & if we're staying on property it would make more sense that renting at MCO. Also, has anyone rented from MCO & returned the car to the Disney Car Center?
TIA!!

Has anyone used the Disney Car Care Center for a rental car? We just need it for 1 day & if we're staying on property it would make more sense that renting at MCO. Also, has anyone rented from MCO & returned the car to the Disney Car Center?
TIA!!
Yes, we did that a couple of years ago with Alamo and there were no issues at all. They even shuttle you wherever you want to go after you drop the car of, plus there's a gas station there to fill up before you drop it off. We're doing this again in April but with National.

Car Care Center is awesome in our experience.
We've used it for a day or two at WDW or did MCO one way (either to or from) and like @baggs32 said, they'll pick up or drop you off anywhere on property.

Price FINALLY dropped this morning on Costco if anyone's got a mid to end-of-the-month trip. Went from $571 to $488 and the intermediate car was cheaper than the smaller one I'd originally rented.

This morning I went from 427.67 to 427.06. Then I just looked again, and it’s now 435. I just keep looking at all differ times of day, until the day before I leave. I’m still really hoping I go below 400 for my week in December, with a compact SUV.

I literally just finished booking and added reservation to Alamo, then went back and refreshed it just because LOL

Dropped within minutes from $488 to $445.

This morning I went from 427.67 to 427.06. Then I just looked again, and it’s now 435. I just keep looking at all differ times of day, until the day before I leave. I’m still really hoping I go below 400 for my week in December, with a compact SUV.
Oh I read that wrong, I read yours as dropping!

I hope it goes back down.

TIA!!

I'm renting from there for the first time ever this trip. Only because the price is insane. I need Dec. 30th-9th. 800+ just for an economy from MCO. I then did pickup at Disney Car Care Center from 1st-8th. It's just over $300. So for an added few days its over DOUBLE that price. I go every year (not normally for marathon) and I have never paid these prices in 20+ years. Just checked and 810 for compact is cheapest through Costcos. So 2.5 times.

Check Costco again!
My Dec 20 rental just dropped $120 and it's an "elite" SUV as opposed to an intermediate car.

It was up this morning so even changing every few hours over the last few days.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter