December 2023 Planning Thread

We will be there Dec 4th - Dec 8th. Haven’t been since June 2019 thanks to the pandemic that shall not be named. I’ve missed it so much so we are very excited.

We will stay offsite but prices are a little crazy right now so hoping that changes. We are doing San Diego and Vegas after DL and finding hotel prices crazy across the board tbh. Our flight prices from the UK were the same as pre-pandemic so thankful for that.

Looking forward to chatting with you all and sharing plans

We will be there Dec 4th - Dec 8th. Haven’t been since June 2019 thanks to the pandemic that shall not be named. I’ve missed it so much so we are very excited.

We will stay offsite but prices are a little crazy right now so hoping that changes. We are doing San Diego and Vegas after DL and finding hotel prices crazy across the board tbh. Our flight prices from the UK were the same as pre-pandemic so thankful for that.

Looking forward to chatting with you all and sharing plans :)
I can finally say YAY we will be there too! Just made hotel reservations...and saw that there is a HUGE convention going on the same time. I just hope the folks all go to their meetings!

We will be there from Nov. 27 to Dec 1. We’ll be doing a 3-day single park pass. Airfare is booked but not the park tickets. We’re gonna apply for the Disney Visa card to purchase our park tickets, so we can get the $300 reward credit for signing up. Very much looking forward to this trip. As a child in the 80’s, it was unheard of (unthinkable) to go to Disneyland for more than one day, let alone THREE! But we still got a lotta homework ahead of us, including getting the magic bands (order online or get at the park??) and learning how to use it, booking the Minnie’s breakfast, and booking transport to/from airport, and just general research into park strategies. Last time we went was in July 2021.

We’ll be staying at the Camelot Inn.

I can finally say YAY we will be there too! Just made hotel reservations...and saw that there is a HUGE convention going on the same time. I just hope the folks all go to their meetings!
What is the huge convention? Is it the psychology convention at the Anaheim Con. Ctr Dec 12-17? That's all I see.

I am also confused on what the huge convention is. The convention center is just right there close by and has various conventions all year. I didn't think it played a huge role in disney attendance, but they do add to the lack of close by rooms.

What is the huge convention? Is it the psychology convention at the Anaheim Con. Ctr Dec 12-17? That's all I see.
I saw that it is the Pharmacy association and was told it is a really big convention. I saw somewhere (cannot remember where) possibly 10-15 thousand folks attending

I saw that it is the Pharmacy association and was told it is a really big convention. I saw somewhere (cannot remember where) possibly 10-15 thousand folks attending
I go to DLR every year in the same general time span and I've never encountered any extra crowding from conventions, but maybe this is new?

Edited to add: There used to be a NAMM convention near the end of January every year and that greatly impacted hotel availability and prices (and rides from the airport), but not much in DLR except DTD. They've sinced moved it to different dates. Dec seems like a bad time (at least for me, LOL) for a huge convention across from DLR, but I guess they forgot to consult me ha ha.

I think this is the conference - Dec 3rd - 7th.

https://www.anaheim.net/Calendar.aspx?EID=33205

I’ve been at this time of year 3 times and conventions have never impacted our time at the parks so hoping this isn’t the ‘thousands attending’ we think it may be

Edited to add - did a bit of Googling - 25,000 attendees apparently. TBH I’ve never paid much attention to the conventions when we’ve been in Anaheim at the beginning of December before so I can’t say how this compares for us 🙂

Hi everyone! Consider a December trip…23rd until Jan 1. We were former AP regulars, 2-3 times a year from Canada but since Covid we haven’t been back yet so it’s like starting all over again!

We expect Christmas will be busy but had a couple of questions:

1. Is there any advantage to spending extra to be onsite?

2. If we book Christmas Day for example are we guaranteed entry even if we don’t show up for rope drop or is there a chance if we get there too late we may be declined entry if they are full?

Thanks!

Hi everyone! Consider a December trip…23rd until Jan 1. We were former AP regulars, 2-3 times a year from Canada but since Covid we haven’t been back yet so it’s like starting all over again!

We expect Christmas will be busy but had a couple of questions:

1. Is there any advantage to spending extra to be onsite?

2. If we book Christmas Day for example are we guaranteed entry even if we don’t show up for rope drop or is there a chance if we get there too late we may be declined entry if they are full?

Thanks!
I think on-site gets early entry. I never stay on site so I’m not really sure of the perks. To me it’s not worth the added cost. We only use the hotel as a place to sleep so always stay at a good neighbor hotel within walking distance.

The reservation system guarantees entry. You just choose which park you’ll start at when you make the reservation. You can hop (if you have hoppers) at 11am. Doesn’t matter if you get to the park later in the day. As long as you have a reservation you’re good.

Woohoo...just booked our entry tickets, 3-day/1-park per day, with the Genie+, now, the next big step is to book Minnie Character breakfast for our first day (Nov. 28th). We did go ahead and apply for the Disney Visa card for the sole purpose of getting that $300 credit on the first statement :D.

We just booked our first trip back from December 23-January 1 and will be staying at The Disneyland Hotel (would love the Grand but wanted to be responsible and save some money 😭). We will have Christmas Eve, Christmas Day, my birthday (29th) and New Years! We will also celebrate (albeit late) our 20th anniversary, my daughters grade 8 grad, my son’s high school grad and my son’s 18th!

We used to travel from Toronto 2-3 times a year but haven’t been back since Halloween 2019! I’m anxious about all of the changes and feel like a newbie!

I’m not 100% on board yet. I just said goodbye to my cat, Bagheera, who was 22. I left home at 15 and she was my longest relationship 💔 I’ve had her since I was 21, longer than my husband (married 20 years) and both kids (15 and 18). It’s been very difficult but I know the family is very ready to travel (first Covid and then we couldn’t because I didn’t want to leave her) and I will hopefully feel different come December and maybe it will be a nice distraction ❤️ we will celebrate her life as well.

Also, looking for any vegetarian dinner ideas for Christmas and my birthday? What should we wear? Any special Christmas/New Years things we should be aware of?

Thanks! Here’s a picture of my baby girl ❤️

Attachments

• IMG_4810.jpeg
    IMG_4810.jpeg
    75.1 KB · Views: 1
We just booked our first trip back from December 23-January 1 and will be staying at The Disneyland Hotel (would love the Grand but wanted to be responsible and save some money 😭). We will have Christmas Eve, Christmas Day, my birthday (29th) and New Years! We will also celebrate (albeit late) our 20th anniversary, my daughters grade 8 grad, my son’s high school grad and my son’s 18th!

We used to travel from Toronto 2-3 times a year but haven’t been back since Halloween 2019! I’m anxious about all of the changes and feel like a newbie!

I’m not 100% on board yet. I just said goodbye to my cat, Bagheera, who was 22. I left home at 15 and she was my longest relationship 💔 I’ve had her since I was 21, longer than my husband (married 20 years) and both kids (15 and 18). It’s been very difficult but I know the family is very ready to travel (first Covid and then we couldn’t because I didn’t want to leave her) and I will hopefully feel different come December and maybe it will be a nice distraction ❤️ we will celebrate her life as well.

Also, looking for any vegetarian dinner ideas for Christmas and my birthday? What should we wear? Any special Christmas/New Years things we should be aware of?

I'm so sorry about your sweet little girl. That's so hard. Back in 2017 we lost our sweet kitty of 18 years. I still miss her so very much. Hugs to you and your family.

I'm so sorry about your sweet little girl. That's so hard. Back in 2017 we lost our sweet kitty of 18 years. I still miss her so very much. Hugs to you and your family.
Thank you ❤️
I know I’ll feel much more excited come December and hoping it will be a welcome distraction.

I’m so sorry for the loss of your baby girl as well 💔. The silence is the worst.

Hugs to you and your family, so sorry about your fur baby girl. Disneyland will be good for you!

Hi friends, please add us to the fun!
Me, hubs, kid8, and kid6 will be back for more happy memories from December 14-19. First 2 nights at Hyatt Regency (paid with points, yay!) and last 3 at GCH club level (paid with blood, sweat, and tears, ouch!). :)
Nice to see you all here!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter