• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

December 2022 Rental Car

Have you thought about a car sharing service? We are using one and it is about $200 less than other rental companies

I haven’t. I’ve heard of them in busy cities but I don’t know how they work?

You have to make a profile to make a reservation but they will need to verify your Drivers license and a couple other pieces of information even just to see the final pricing. Most of the time the reservations are refundable, you just have to check but it will charge your card when you do the booking. Like an Airbnb it can be a gamble in terms of it coming up. Let's just give an example for me, our reservation got cancelled because the owner ended up leaving town so we had to book another one. There are also a lot of fees that can add up but can still be high savings. I still have my Costco booked just in case because you can cancel that within 24 hours or so without penalty.

I haven’t. I’ve heard of them in busy cities but I don’t know how they work?
What this is compares very closely to an AirBnB. You are renting a car from a person, not a company. If the owner is above board and legit, it's fine. If the owner is shady, you could end up with a story. I've heard stories of people that thought they had a great deal, then their reservation gets cancelled a week before, turns out the owner was able to rent the same car to someone else for more money. They can't legally hand over the car at the airport, so you still have to get from the airport elsewhere. Not worth the hassle and time issues for me.

I'm nervous to rent from anyone besides Alamo, probably wouldn't work for me. ;)

Rates thru Costco have dropped to $290 for me, but I'd have to rent thru Budget. I'm keeping my Alamo reservation, but if Budget continues to drop over the next week, I will switch.

I just tried to book a car, and it's over $400 for 3 days on Alamo. What gives? I tried to use the F/F Cardinal rate shared earlier as well as the AP holder discount. Neither worked. Need some help and advice.

Just tried to book a rental for our trip, and it was $400+ for 3 days. What gives? What am I missing? Am I doing something wrong?

I tried both of the codes listed here (both the F/F and the AP codes) and neither worked. Not sure what I'm doing wrong. HELP!

I used the F/F Cardinal today and it dropped $20 from yesterday on Enterprise. This is $90 cheaper than Costco and I can keep the car longer for 6 more hours.

I used the same code on National. I got Emerald Aisle for $4 more. I am going to spend the $4 more and see if I can get a SUV rather than a standard car.

Last edited:
I just checked rental rates a day before I arrive and they have gone from 2100 for my rental to 900
Glad I checked 😆

I just checked rental rates a day before I arrive and they have gone from 2100 for my rental to 900
Glad I checked 😆
Good luck, many rental companies at SW hubs don't have cars because of their meltdown the last 4 days. Report back how it goes for you.

They didn't have any mini vans lol
Stuck us in a 6 pass suv
We didn't fit very well with all the luggage
Weather was good and new years was amazing

I just used this code for the first week of January - holy cow! It beat Costco by $230, couldn’t believe it. Little nervous about the Cardinal rate, but I had to try. Thank you so much!!
Were you able to successfully use the code? Fingers crossed you had no issues!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter