December 2022 Rental Car

Southernswthrt

Mouseketeer
Looking for rental car in December 2022 for 5 days - current best rate is $514 thru Costco for Alamo.

Hoping to see these rates come down - otherwise, we will be using a town car service! We love the convenience of having our own car on property, but not at these prices!

Anyone else have any luck?

I'm at just over $400 for a week through Avis for next month. Orlando car rates just aren't coming down. I've got a car booked in San Diego for early December that is down to $300. Check through www.autoslash.com They are always where I find the best rates.

Anyone got any idea why Orlando isn't coming down? The rental rates are horrible. The flight prices are terrible (if there's any flights available). It's unreal. I can't image that many people going home to Orlando in mid-December (we're trying to go Dec. 17-28 at this point).

WDW is still packed, there is still a huge demand for touristy places built up from the two years that people were either forbidden from going or guilted into not going. Now that the US has dropped the testing requirements, I think a lot more europeans are coming over. I've got a December rental booked in San Diego, that has dropped 40% in the last couple months. My MCO reservation has only gone up.

Does anyone have a discount code to share? These prices are still ridiculously high and we need to get two!

Just rebooked my Costco Reservation for 5 days in December - down to $502 from $514. Not much but moving in the right direction!

The last couple of trips I have found my best rates using Autoslash. Right now, I have Dec 1-6, economy class for $214 from Thrifty using Autoslash. I check multiple times a day and rebook when I see a lower rate. Sometimes that rate is gone when I check later the same day. Their prices have been beating Costco (my previous go to) by quite a bit. This is a pay later, free cancellation reservation. Last May I had Thrifty via Autoslash and had no issues. We shall see if that holds true for this trip.

My employer has a leisure code with enterprise that family and friends can also use. Never been ask for employee ID.
The code is XZ38CH1
My 10 day rental in December is $384.00

Try it and good luck.
Boy, this is a really good code, rates are low! I'm not doubting your veracity about being asked for ID, but this code belongs to Cardinal Health and Enterprise does have terms that go along with it. I'd be worried they would ask and then charge full price when proof couldn't be provided.

1666806933237.png

Boy, this is a really good code, rates are low! I'm not doubting your veracity about being asked for ID, but this code belongs to Cardinal Health and Enterprise does have terms that go along with it. I'd be worried they would ask and then charge full price when proof couldn't be provided.

View attachment 714000
Without having access to the contract itself, we and in turn the front counter, don't know what exactly the limitation are. OP is stating that the code is available for use to all friends and family of employees. I might consider booking with it, as long as I have a no penalty back up that isn't horrible.

Without having access to the contract itself, we and in turn the front counter, don't know what exactly the limitation are. OP is stating that the code is available for use to all friends and family of employees. I might consider booking with it, as long as I have a no penalty back up that isn't horrible.
Usually I'm not too worried about codes as long as it's a rental company that let's you go straight to the car. At the gate itself they don't mess with having you prove affiliations because they don't want to tie up the lane. Whereas if you have to go to the desk I'm worried they might ask for proof of affiliation. From what I can tell it looks like Enterprise has some kind of program that lets you go straight to car. It really is a good code, prices were quite a bit lower. Having a no penalty backup is a good idea too!

Rates are coming down. My 6-day standard rental through Costco dropped from $420 to $303.

My employer has a leisure code with enterprise that family and friends can also use. Never been ask for employee ID.
The code is XZ38CH1
My 10 day rental in December is $384.00

Try it and good luck.
I just used this code for the first week of January - holy cow! It beat Costco by $230, couldn’t believe it. Little nervous about the Cardinal rate, but I had to try. Thank you so much!!

I just booked Alamo

12/14 to 12/23 - 9 nights
$325 for an economy using code 860292 passholder discount

Not even sure if we really need a rental. I just love being able to go off property to do things.

Have you thought about a car sharing service? We are using one and it is about $200 less than other rental companies

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter