December 2021 Car Rental Watch

I'm seeing rates going down some. I got an email from Avis for 35% off code. I got a little better deal with them using AARP. $410 total for an Intermediate SUV with pay now for 6 1/2 days 12/1-12/8

I just rented a car for Dec 17-24 for an Intermediate SUV with Alamo $552 using Disney's preferred rates. They were cheaper than what I had booked using Costco-Budget $643 I didn't even know Disney had preferred rental rates until I stumbled upon it in an email from Disney Destinations about our upcoming trip.

Last edited:
I have an amazing rate direct with Budget for Dec 18-25 using BCD A161400. The code is new to me but a basic Google search shows it on a variety of travel forms going back several years.
From what I've found about this code online is that it's a corporate code for Bell Canada employees that would need to present ID at the check in desk. Maybe best to consider this or that could pose problems when picking up your rental.

I just rented a car for Dec 17-24 for an Intermediate SUV with Alamo $552 using Disney's preferred rates. They were cheaper than what I had booked using Costco-Budget $643 I didn't even know Disney had preferred rental rates until I stumbled upon it in an email from Disney Destinations about our upcoming trip.
Thank you for posting this. I went back and looked at a Disney Destinations e-mail I got this past week and it had the preferred rate info in there. I checked but it wasn't any cheaper for us than the Costco rates. But I will definitely remember to check this for future trips (and keep checking for this one!).

I have a midsize SUV for the first week of December 5-10 no overnight Saturday stay - Just my annual passcode for 460.00 - just wondering if the code in the Disney Destination email is better. I checked my email but I don't seem to see anything like that. Where is it located in the email - My email has the resort rate and my travel party but nothing that talks about car rental.

I have a full size with National through my ancient corporate account (Emerald Aisle) . 12/6-12/10 $232.65.

I just checked my December Alamo rental. SFB 12/4-12/11…premium truck went from $648 down to $550. I also noticed the standard SUV went from $1014 down to $745.

If you booked through Costco check your rental car rates. My standard SUV (Ford Edge) has gone twice in the last 2 days. Started out at 461. back in October then 427 first of November - 379 yesterday and 351 this morning - this is for 12/5 thru 12/10

If you booked through Costco check your rental car rates. My standard SUV (Ford Edge) has gone twice in the last 2 days. Started out at 461. back in October then 427 first of November - 379 yesterday and 351 this morning - this is for 12/5 thru 12/10
So glad I saw this. After booking though Disney a few weeks ago I found a better rate with Costco. Just went into look at the Costco rates again and it went down $50 plus I get a $20.00 costco gift card. My dates are 12/17-12/24 Mid size suv $443.68

Just looked today - and costco is down again - ford edge is now 50.00 cheaper than sunday

MCO Alamo $376 down from $436
Midsize
12/12-12/17
Free Car class upgrade & Amex discounts

I check every morning and was surprised to finally see some movement today.

Costco code -Alamo 12/17 to 12/22 $373 for a compact. I was at $453

Just saved $112 on my 9 day Avis rental through Costco and my Avis preferred number.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter