December 2021 Car Rental Watch

Piglet

<font color=blue>Can't beat <font color=red>Family
I didn't see one yet. But please delete if I missed it.
I'm in need of a car 12/1-12/8. I'm seeing prices come down some, but hoping for under $300 or better.

What is everyone seeing?

I reserved a full size car through Costco / Avis in early June for about $480 (at WDW from December 11 - 20). I keep checking but the prices are constantly between $750 - $800. Happy that I reserved the car when I did.

So far I've found the best rate through Avis directly. I'm looking at a mid size pick up for around $480.00 with the pay now. I hope they come down a little more.

I have a full size booked out of Sanford for dates 12/15-12/21 using AAA. The rate is 595.34. We like to rent with Alamo and right now that rate is 613.86

I have an amazing rate direct with Budget for Dec 18-25 using BCD A161400. The code is new to me but a basic Google search shows it on a variety of travel forms going back several years.

I have an amazing rate direct with Budget for Dec 18-25 using BCD A161400. The code is new to me but a basic Google search shows it on a variety of travel forms going back several years.
This is for Bell Canada. I would be wary of using unless an employee. Avis/Budget have been cracking down on corporate codes.

Anyone finding anything under $400 for 7 days early December?

I want a car for the week, but I don't need a car for the week. What happens if I roll the dice, use this code to make a reservation and get called on it when I go to pick up? Can I walk away from the rental and call a Lyft?

That should be no problem. I went to use this code and realized that it includes ZERO mileage. Be aware

I have a mini van rented from Dec 16 -31…. picking up at Orlando airport and dropping off at Fort Lauderdale airport. The reservation was made this past February with Thrifty through Expedia.ca for $900.00. Now new reservations are close to $3,000.00. I hope they will honor this reservation

I've been able to get an Intermediate SUV for $373 from Avis with the AARP code from 12/1-12/8. May just go ahead with it - with taxes and fees its a little under $500 total.

I checked today for a trip Dec. 18-23 from TPA (it's a lot cheaper to fly to than MCO) and for those 5 days, the cheapest standard SUV was Avis for $807. :scared:
I'm thinking it won't save any money to fly into TPA if I have to pay that much for a rental. (We have to have an SUV as my teen boys are large!) If we fly into MCO, we'll just take ME since it's still running then.

Back in July or august, a minivan was 1600 for 11 days in early December. Not spending this much for a rental.
Then someone mentioned that my company might have an agreement. So I checked and was able to reserve a minivan for 1100 at Hertz. Still too high but when I figure in the costs of 5 people and luggage and scooter, OK I'll take it for the convenience. Then I read about how Hertz was not honoring these agreements at the ticket window. Need Plan C.
After watching a while, I found an Alamo Crewcab Pickup for $1000. Alamo is my preferred agency. That rate eventually fell to 850.
But I would still prefer a minivan. But in all this time, the best rate was 1300. and held steady until today. The rates are going up.

The costs of everything is way up. If this wasn't a DVC and multi-family trip planned a year ago, I would cancel and save my money.

Back in July or august, a minivan was 1600 for 11 days in early December. Not spending this much for a rental.
Then someone mentioned that my company might have an agreement. So I checked and was able to reserve a minivan for 1100 at Hertz. Still too high but when I figure in the costs of 5 people and luggage and scooter, OK I'll take it for the convenience. Then I read about how Hertz was not honoring these agreements at the ticket window. Need Plan C.
After watching a while, I found an Alamo Crewcab Pickup for $1000. Alamo is my preferred agency. That rate eventually fell to 850.
But I would still prefer a minivan. But in all this time, the best rate was 1300. and held steady until today. The rates are going up.
If you are eligible to use the rate and have an ID or paperwork that shows your affiliation with the contract holder you will be fine. The vast majority of those that Hertz didn't honor were from a travel agency giving out their corporate employee rate to clients, which was against the contract. I would check a couple weeks before the rental and make sure that the price listed is the same, corporate contracts do undergo changes as they get renegotiated.

Our already really high rate is up another 200+ for the first week of December. I was hoping that the price would drop a little as we got closer but it seems like it is going the other way.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter