****December 2020 Thread****

We leave the 19. I still haven’t told my kids because I’m so afraid that something will happen and we will have to cancel. I’m not near as excited as I usually am. I think in need my girls to know to help build the excitement, but I don’t want to disappoint them if something comes up.

For those going to HS.
RotR UPDATE:

Beginning Sunday, Dec. 20, our distribution times for virtual queue enrollment will be 7 a.m. and 1 p.m. Keep in mind, to access the 1 p.m. virtual queue opportunity Guests must have a valid ticket or pass, a Disney Park Pass Reservation for Disney’s Hollywood Studios, and be inside the park. Access to a boarding group is subject to availability and not guaranteed.

Last edited:
Leaving on Thursday! Excited, nervous, all kinds of feelings. But will spend time with my family at WDW. If not filling it when in the parks, great ADRs and can relax at resort. :santa:

For those going to HS.
RotR UPDATE:

Beginning Sunday, Dec. 20, our distribution times for virtual queue enrollment will be 7 a.m. and 1 p.m. Keep in mind, to access the 1 p.m. virtual queue opportunity Guests must have a valid ticket or pass, a Disney Park Pass Reservation for Disney’s Hollywood Studios, and be inside the park. Access to a boarding group is subject to availability and not guaranteed.

You just have to be in the park for the 1 p.m., correct?

So, mixed bag at AK yesterday. Definitely the most non-compliance w masks we've seen at disney so far, but still way better than universal.

Biggest issue was the guy behind us at FoP who had his mask under his nose the entire line; he was a big dude and i didn't feel comfortable saying anything to him and there was not one cast member in the whole line to help. When we got to the point where they assign you lines to go into the preshow i asked to be put in a different line than them and the CM did that no problem. We got off FoP right at 5 and saw probably a half dozen people just blatantly without masks on our way out - i guess they didn't think they needed to comply once the park was closed.

Also had a not great experience at the safari - despite being a walk-on they were seating every row, so i asked for a row between us and other parties and the CM said ok, but then once we were in she proceeded to seat others right in front of and behind us. They left the last row empty so could have easily put us there w the row in front empty instead and had the same amount of people. The party behind us had a small child who was unmasked, and an adult who immediately took off her mask when we started moving, though she put it back on when i asked her to - still, the driver should have said something, i shouldn't have had to do it myself. Since we were outdoors and moving i ended up not feeling too squidgy about it, mostly just annoyed at the lying CM and at having to enforce other people's mask requirements myself - i am not confrontational and was very uncomfortable about it.

The park itself was great - saw lots of animals out on the safari and lots of boat cavalcades, and other than getting stuck on a cleaning cycle for dinosaur lines were ok. Ate at satuli which was good as always - tables outdoors were well spaced and we felt comfortable.

Epcot shortly, so i guess we'll see if the non-compliance from yesterday was just a fluke thing or if the new holiday crowds are arriving and causing trouble. 😉

I saw some people eating and drinking/walking at Epcot and a bunch of maskless faces as we were on our way out for our hotel break around 3ish. Rope drop is good for like 3-4 hours and then it seems like people just come in droves!

I'm also glad I kinda took the forecast with a grain of salt two weeks ago cuz holy crap it's HOT lol. We're on week two of our trip and the forecast for this week when I packed had highs in the 60s bahahaha.

Once again my cute Christmas sweaters go unworn :(

Oh! And I have Bruni ears on today, and Anna and Elsa loooved them when they saw me during the cavalcade and that made my entire day <3

Going to keep this short because I'm tired! Long story short, felt much better about EP today than AK yesterday.

Like lilias, saw a couple unmasked walkers eating or drinking, but were able to keep far away, plus saw CMs enforcing mask rules all day. 8-9 pm was kind of a free for all, but until then the mask compliance seemed pretty good, and that late it was uncrowded so super easy to distance from anyone unmasked.

Only bad point of the day was on Living with the Land - similar to KS yesterday, they were seating every row despite it being a walk-on, and after yesterday's experience i didn't bother to ask to skip a row, so of course the guy seated in front of us pulls his mask off in the middle of the ride. I did ask him to put it back on and he grumbled but did it, but idk how long he had it off. So, that was not great. I know CMs can't be everywhere at once, but I've heard LwtL is monitored, so I'm disappointed no one stopped this guy. Otherwise, we were really happy with how the day went.

They were doing every other row on living with the land when we rode around 7:30,, and then last minute the CM let a family of four sit right in front of us! I was so mad 😡 luckily, they were rule followers...

We leave the 19. I still haven’t told my kids because I’m so afraid that something will happen and we will have to cancel. I’m not near as excited as I usually am. I think in need my girls to know to help build the excitement, but I don’t want to disappoint them if something comes up.
We are supposed to leave the 19th too and I also haven’t told my kids. Good thing because my husband was exposed to covid at work this week so I think we need to reschedule. I’m more worried that he will start having symptoms while we are there than I am about any of us catching it from Disney. He took a test today but it might be too soon to actually show anything. I’m so sad.

We are supposed to leave the 19th too and I also haven’t told my kids. Good thing because my husband was exposed to covid at work this week so I think we need to reschedule. I’m more worried that he will start having symptoms while we are there than I am about any of us catching it from Disney. He took a test today but it might be too soon to actually show anything. I’m so sad.
I am so sorry. This has been my biggest fear.

So, after our couple days of seeing bad mask compliance at AK and EP we ended up skipping HS yesterday and hanging in the cabin. The weather wasn't great, and we were both mentally exhausted from being stressed about the mask stuff.

Happy to report that MK today was excellent - saw only 2 noses all day, and one was on an empty stretch of walkway and its owner pulled her mask up when she saw us coming. No issues on any rides. There were a lot of people in the hub for castle projections and along sidewalks for cavalcades but spacing was decent. It was a really good way to end our trip, other than being chilly.

We'd like to come back in feb or march but if we do i think we'd make it resorts only, and skip the parks. The incidents on the safari and living with the land just freaked me out too much, and i don't like being put in the position of having to police my neighbors. We had a great time and I'm glad we came, but i think we're done until we get vaccinated.

Sorry some of you had to cancel your visits, and to those of you who are here now or arriving soon, i hope you have safe and fun trips!

So, after our couple days of seeing bad mask compliance at AK and EP we ended up skipping HS yesterday and hanging in the cabin. The weather wasn't great, and we were both mentally exhausted from being stressed about the mask stuff.

Happy to report that MK today was excellent - saw only 2 noses all day, and one was on an empty stretch of walkway and its owner pulled her mask up when she saw us coming. No issues on any rides. There were a lot of people in the hub for castle projections and along sidewalks for cavalcades but spacing was decent. It was a really good way to end our trip, other than being chilly.

We'd like to come back in feb or march but if we do i think we'd make it resorts only, and skip the parks. The incidents on the safari and living with the land just freaked me out too much, and i don't like being put in the position of having to police my neighbors. We had a great time and I'm glad we came, but i think we're done until we get vaccinated.

Sorry some of you had to cancel your visits, and to those of you who are here now or arriving soon, i hope you have safe and fun trips!
Glad you had a good day at MK today. We were there Tuesday and make usage was fine, but it was SO uncomfortably crowded. Hard to keep distance from others in walkways and the lines were every bit as long as the posted times. Our other days this week at other parks have been pretty good for crowds and wait times, but we must have picked the wrong day for MK.

We were also at MK yesterday and found it ridiculously crowded! We didn't rope drop, though, because we had a BoG reservation at 7:55 and didn't want to have to leave and come back. We showed up sometime around 3:00. After dark the hub was impossible. I couldn't even get into the shops 😆. Worst day of our entire trip, including Universal.

Rope drop waits seemed to last until like 11 am, though, for people planning to rope drop :) you'll have a much better time of it, lol.

For those who will be there on New Year's Eve, what are your plans for that evening?
We have Epcot booked. Been thinking about changing to HS but it’s booked for now. Not sure how late we will stay out. But I’m lacking NYE items and will def let the kids stay up until midnight back at our rental.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter